ifail 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spederman View Post
    iphone 5 has to be worlds better then the abortion of a phone i have (verizon galaxy nexus). I have yet to own such a shit pile as this. I stream pandora, and the phone can only make it 3 hrs from full charge to dead. It takes 5 minutes to make the 4G to 3G handoff which in the mean time loses all data connection. It has no service to a really weak signal 85% of the time according to the signal stats on the phone. Camera is awful unless in full sunshine and perfectly still. The phone mic cuts out mid call and never comes back in. Speaker phone is not clear and absolutely worthless.

I'm sick of this phone and almost wanna try out the iphone 5 but i think i'm gonna wait for the galaxy note 2.
    pretty much my exact experience. thats why i went back to my iphone
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Comment

The iPhone is for people that are tech retarded.

Sent from my ipad2

Comment

iPhone 5 A Disappointment, So Don't Pack Your Tents Just Yet

Not long ago, Apple has officially introduced the highly-awaited iPhone 5, a smartphone that confirms most of the rumors that hit the web over the past few months and spoiled the surprise for us.
        Just like everybody anticipated, the new iPhone 5 comes with a 4-inch display with 1,136 x 640 pixels, and a pixel density of 326 ppi. Accord ing to Apple, this is better than the displays used for the previous generations, offering better color saturation and “full sRGB rendering.”
        Which is 100% true, but come on, Apple, you are not he only one on the market. After seeing some other smartphones that are already available for purchase, I wouldn't buy a high-end smartphone that doesn’t come with HD display. HTC One X has HD resolution, the same for Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy Note and Note 2. Even the good old GNex comes with an HD display. The high-end Windows Phone-powered smartphones, which were considered inferior in terms of technical specifications, now come with HD displays, too. If Apple is innovating why doesn’t the iPhone 5 comes with a display like no other?
        Since the new display has a different aspect ratio, now 16:9, it will give the developers real headaches when it comes to adapting their apps to the new resolution and aspect ratio.
        Apple and its devs only bothered to update apps like the iWord suite, Garage Band or iMovie, while the other apps in the Apple App Store will still be displayed in 3.5-inch format, with two black stripes in the upper and lower ends of the display. It’s like the apps won’t go in “full screen” until the developers update them.
        The new iPhone 5 has a waist of only 7.6 mm, and Apple’s Phil Schiller, senior vice president of worldwide marketing, claims that iPhone 5 is “the thinnest smartphone in the world.” Hey, Mr. Schiller, you'd probably like to hear that Motorola has three smartphones thinner than the “thinnest smartphone in the world” and that Oppo’s Finder is even thinner than Motorola’s RAZRs. I wonder, what would an Apple press conference be without the reality distortion field?
        The iPhone 5 will come with an 8 megapixel camera with 5-element lens and f/2.4 aperture which will bring better performance in low light environments. It’s an improvement compared to the previous generation of iPhones, but nothing that its direct competitors can't cope with. I was hoping that Apple’s boys will bring something revolutionary. Oh, wait, they did. It’s called Panorama. We all know what that is, it’s something like it was indeed interesting a few years ago. Well, there were some third-party apps in App Store that did that on previous iOS versions, but now Apple decided to introduce it as an innovative feature.
        As the rumors hinted, Apple also introduced a new connector, which is 5 times thinner than the traditional 30-pin dock connector. To be honest, I think that the new two-sided connector is the coolest and most innovative feature of the new iPhone 5.
        The iPhone 5 is powered by a new A6 SoC, which, according to Apple is two times faster and has two times faster graphic processing than the A5 chipset. Even though Apple hasn't announced whether it’s a dual-core or a quad-core CPU, I am 100% sure that we are talking about a dual-core solution. Why am I so sure about it? Because if it was about a quad-core solution Tim Cook would have screamed “innovation” so loud that even Steve Jobs could hear it from his grave. Hey, Apple, the 2010′s called! They want their processor back!
        It looks like Apple doesn't even bothers to bring something new for us, the customers, as the company’s officials are confident that the iSheeps will make huge lines in front of the Apple Stores in an attempt to get their hands on one of their “innovative” and “revolutionary” products. It’s easier to pay some lawyers and sue others than pay engineers and really bright minds and come up with something that is worth wasting your time for. The conclusion? Apple will sell millions!

Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
          iPhone 5 A Disappointment, So Don't Pack Your Tents Just Yet

Not long ago, Apple has officially introduced the highly-awaited iPhone 5, a smartphone that confirms most of the rumors that hit the web over the past few months and spoiled the surprise for us.
          Just like everybody anticipated, the new iPhone 5 comes with a 4-inch display with 1,136 x 640 pixels, and a pixel density of 326 ppi. Accord ing to Apple, this is better than the displays used for the previous generations, offering better color saturation and “full sRGB rendering.”
          Which is 100% true, but come on, Apple, you are not he only one on the market. After seeing some other smartphones that are already available for purchase, I wouldn't buy a high-end smartphone that doesn’t come with HD display. HTC One X has HD resolution, the same for Galaxy S3 and Samsung Galaxy Note and Note 2. Even the good old GNex comes with an HD display. The high-end Windows Phone-powered smartphones, which were considered inferior in terms of technical specifications, now come with HD displays, too. If Apple is innovating why doesn’t the iPhone 5 comes with a display like no other?
          Since the new display has a different aspect ratio, now 16:9, it will give the developers real headaches when it comes to adapting their apps to the new resolution and aspect ratio.
          Apple and its devs only bothered to update apps like the iWord suite, Garage Band or iMovie, while the other apps in the Apple App Store will still be displayed in 3.5-inch format, with two black stripes in the upper and lower ends of the display. It’s like the apps won’t go in “full screen” until the developers update them.
          The new iPhone 5 has a waist of only 7.6 mm, and Apple’s Phil Schiller, senior vice president of worldwide marketing, claims that iPhone 5 is “the thinnest smartphone in the world.” Hey, Mr. Schiller, you'd probably like to hear that Motorola has three smartphones thinner than the “thinnest smartphone in the world” and that Oppo’s Finder is even thinner than Motorola’s RAZRs. I wonder, what would an Apple press conference be without the reality distortion field?
          The iPhone 5 will come with an 8 megapixel camera with 5-element lens and f/2.4 aperture which will bring better performance in low light environments. It’s an improvement compared to the previous generation of iPhones, but nothing that its direct competitors can't cope with. I was hoping that Apple’s boys will bring something revolutionary. Oh, wait, they did. It’s called Panorama. We all know what that is, it’s something like it was indeed interesting a few years ago. Well, there were some third-party apps in App Store that did that on previous iOS versions, but now Apple decided to introduce it as an innovative feature.
          As the rumors hinted, Apple also introduced a new connector, which is 5 times thinner than the traditional 30-pin dock connector. To be honest, I think that the new two-sided connector is the coolest and most innovative feature of the new iPhone 5.
          The iPhone 5 is powered by a new A6 SoC, which, according to Apple is two times faster and has two times faster graphic processing than the A5 chipset. Even though Apple hasn't announced whether it’s a dual-core or a quad-core CPU, I am 100% sure that we are talking about a dual-core solution. Why am I so sure about it? Because if it was about a quad-core solution Tim Cook would have screamed “innovation” so loud that even Steve Jobs could hear it from his grave. Hey, Apple, the 2010′s called! They want their processor back!
          It looks like Apple doesn't even bothers to bring something new for us, the customers, as the company’s officials are confident that the iSheeps will make huge lines in front of the Apple Stores in an attempt to get their hands on one of their “innovative” and “revolutionary” products. It’s easier to pay some lawyers and sue others than pay engineers and really bright minds and come up with something that is worth wasting your time for. The conclusion? Apple will sell millions!

I've had three iPhones in a fucking row I skipped the 4s thinking the 5 would be something awesome and all they fucking give me is what the 4s shoulda been !!!!! Fuck apple note 2 here I come!
          The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
            The iPhone is for people that are tech retarded.

Sent from my ipad2
            Or for people who just want their shit to work and not have to dick with it.

I want to customize my car, I want to customize my home computer. However, I do not want to customize my phone, I just want it to work, and it does that for me.

Sent from my iPad 3

Comment

My Note works perfectly in stock form, but better on a slimmed down AOSP rom.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                Looks more like a Note to me
                That's no shit! My dad stopped by the other day and handed me what I thought was a tablet, then proceeded to tell me it was his new cell phone.

I called him the next morning and said I was just calling so everyone around would wonder why the old guy was talking to his laptop.

<---- doesn't follow what new phones are coming out

Comment

People used to think the same thing about the iphone when they compared it to their tiny flip phones.
                  sigpic

Comment

90% of yall just play games on the shitter anyways. gtfo!
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by GSXRK5 View Post
                      Bought my girl an S3 and I have to say it is pretty cool. But the voice assistant blows compared to siri. Once again for everyday users the iphone will be better than android will be. She carries her charger with her all day as well. I think i'll get the 5.
                      You should try out Google Now, it puts siri to shame.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                        90% of yall just play games on the shitter anyways. gtfo!
                        Only reason I have the iPad

Comment

You people are nuts... Why hate on a phone? Really? Its a phone. You dont have to buy it, you dont have to use it and you dont have to be jealous of me using one

Seriously though, I will upgrade...why? Because Im up for an upgrade from the Iphone4 (got it when it came out), I will probably be able to sell my Iphone 4 for MORE than I paid ($200) and use it for my $200 upgrade.

Why I like Apple... Its easy to use, it does what I need. The Iphone 4 batter has NEVER let me down. I can make it 48 hours without much use before needing to charge. I can make it through a heavy usage day without recharging. It does what it supposed to do. I dont need open source because I wont be modifying my own code. I can jailbreak my phone and modify settings, download cracked apps, etc if I want.

I dont understand what everyone here really wants out of a phone. I use mine to call people, text and browse the internet. I dont really use much for apps.

Comment

Say Sega is coming out with a new tried and true (assuming just as much so as apple) gaming console in 2 weeks that is equivalent to an xbox360 / ps3.

Would you buy it?

Meanwhile there are talks of "xbox/ps" consoles in the works...
                            2014 GT
                            2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

I've got a 3GS. It's served me well for years. Fell off my bike at almost 50 MPH when I hit a massive pothole in Saginaw. Came though that just fine (it's in an Otterbox) I've lost track of how many times I've dropped it knocked it off tables and stuff like that and it keeps on truckin. Compare that to my buddy's 3G that fell out of his pocket onto a carpeted floor and it spiderwebed the screen :/

Battery usually lasts all day unless I'm bored as shit at work or waiting at medical or something and surfing all the forums on Tapatalk while listening to Pandora.

I'll probably get a iPhone 4 when the 6 comes out and they're practically giving the 4s away. I don't have to have the latest and greatest and as long as the battery will hold a charge for most of a day I'll keep it.

I hate talking on the phone so usually don't. I generally use text to communicate with people. I use fewer words and I can choose when to reply back to them. I have a big stack of roll over minutes that I'll never use that keep expiring.

I have 4718 talk minutes available right now including my rollover minutes and I only have the 450 minute plan. I'd say I spend less than an hour a month actually talking on a phone.
                              Last edited by Downs; 09-12-2012, 10:16 PM.
                              2004 Suzuki DL650
                              1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

I switched from an Iphone 4 to an HTC One X (ATT) a few weeks ago. Apple still has the advantage with user interface, IMO. The One X feels a little clunky. It also has twice the processing power the Iphone 4 has but I swear it hangs up on websites 50% of the time, which my Iphone never did. Thinking about giving back teh One X for the 4S since it will drop to $99 when the 5 is officially released.
                                Maybe I am an iSheep???
                                Hellcat Charger

Comment

Working...
                                X