New xbox unveiled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
    First impression for me is great so far... Gameplay is good but right now i'm amazed at how easy and seamless it works with TV. Our directv goes through it and you can go through the xbox to surf channels. Minimize the TV and go through the rest of xbox home running multiple things at once. I went from playing COD live to netflix app to directv and then back to COD and I was still waiting in the lobby for the next match. Voice command on kinect is flawless so far also.
    Great so its perfect for my ADHD

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    92 Undercover SSP Coupe.
    15 GT w/PP

Comment

• Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
      First impression for me is great so far... Gameplay is good but right now i'm amazed at how easy and seamless it works with TV. Our directv goes through it and you can go through the xbox to surf channels. Minimize the TV and go through the rest of xbox home running multiple things at once. I went from playing COD live to netflix app to directv and then back to COD and I was still waiting in the lobby for the next match. Voice command on kinect is flawless so far also.
      Good to hear. This is the main reason I bought the xBone.

Comment

• Got mine yesterday. Pretty baller so far.
        Matts1911SA - XBox Live Gamertag

Comment

• how's forza?
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• forza needs a steering wheel...

and I suck playing BF4 and COD with a controller... I should have just bought them for my computer.
            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

• I hooked mine up yesterday morning. It's pretty awesome. The console itself is heavy and super quiet. The voice commands work well as long as you know exactly what to say. Snap works well, I've got my 360 hooked up through the HDMI pass-through, because my cable box is component out instead of HDMI.

The games are neat. There isn't anything completely ground-breaking about the graphics, but you can definitely tell the gameplay is smoother and more detailed.

Dead Rising 3 is pretty awesome. The sheer amount of zombies in the game is worth getting it. THOUSANDS of them just pouring out of holes in buildings, climbing over things, etc... it's awesome, and it keeps track of each zombie you kill up in the top left corner. Think GTA V with zombies.

Need for Speed Rivals is cool. I was VERY disappointed at the lack of split screen multiplayer, which is the sole reason I bought the game.(Yes I know, read the back of the game first) But the driving is pretty awesome, the chases are fun, and being a cop is exciting, too. Again, nothing completely ground-breaking, but still fun.

Call of Duty Ghosts is another good addition to the COD games. Graphics are best out of my 3 games IMO. Not a whole lot to say about this one... I've always liked the COD games so this is another good one for me.

I've never been picky about controllers before. We own every system there is, and I don't prefer one controller over the next. So I can't say much about it other than it fits in my large hands just fine.

Comment

• My biggest regret, is buying disk games.

You load the entire thing on the xbox anyway. Might as well buy digital.

I'm almost to the point of reselling my games used, and just buying the digital version.
                "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Comment

• Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                  forza needs a steering wheel...

and I suck playing BF4 and COD with a controller... I should have just bought them for my computer.
                  agreed on all accounts. a wheel is a must. i only have a simply logitech DFGT setup but it has made every car game i've played so much more fun.

i don't do FPS games on consoles cause i feel like a complete imbecile.
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Originally posted by momo View Post

i don't do FPS games on consoles cause i feel like a complete imbecile.
                    I could have a guy standing straight in front of me and I could unload a 40 round mag and not hit the fucker once. My rage playing that game came out and my wife was looking at my funny...

I don't understand how you can play that game accurately without a mouse. The whole concept you have to move the stick, then let go to return to non moving position on the stick is just a complete waste of time and inaccurate.

Comment

I could have a guy standing straight in front of me and I could unload a 40 round mag and not hit the fucker once. My rage playing that game came out and my wife was looking at my funny...

I don't understand how you can play that game accurately without a mouse. The whole concept you have to move the stick, then let go to return to non moving position on the stick is just a complete waste of time and inaccurate.
                      yea most of those folks started with halo or COD on consoles so they have a 10 year head start on us. dual joystick move/aim is very unnatural.
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Originally posted by momo View Post
                        dual joystick move/aim is very unnatural.
                        I don't understand this. To me it's no more natural or unnatural than using a mouse an keyboard. I completely agree that it's easier and faster with a mouse and keyboard but even with those you have the WASD keys for movement and the mouse for looking around, same thing with your sticks.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
                          I don't understand this. To me it's no more natural or unnatural than using a mouse an keyboard. I completely agree that it's easier and faster with a mouse and keyboard but even with those you have the WASD keys for movement and the mouse for looking around, same thing with your sticks.
                          The mouse and the joystick work completely different.

The mouse you move to look, when you stop the mouse it stops looking in that location.

Joystick you move to look, you have to return it to neutral for you to stop moving.

There is an extra "move" you must make while playing with a joystick while looking around. It's just not a natural feeling. Which is what screws me over because I then usually over correct. My brain tells my hand/thumb I'm at my target so stop moving, which then has me over shoot my target. I then go "oh shit" and over correct the other direction.

It's just not as precise.

Good news I was reading that the XBONE will have mouse/keyboard compatibility eventually.

Comment

Joystick you move to look, you have to return it to neutral for you to stop moving.

The joystick is under tension with a spring so as soon as I let up, it returns to zero on it's own. It's not like I have to physically move it back to the center for my player to stop moving or stop turning. I guess you and I play differently with a game pad
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

The joystick is under tension with a spring so as soon as I let up, it returns to zero on it's own. It's not like I have to physically move it back to the center for my player to stop moving or stop turning. I guess you and I play differently with a game pad
                              Then you remove your control from the controller and reaction time suffers.

I used to, back when I played every day for a few hours, had my mouse be high on sensitivity. Games were also a lot more fast paced then they like BF/COD.

Some of it I'm sure is I'm not even a "causal" gamer anymore, I just play a couple hours a week if that. Fact remains the mouse will always have a quicker response and more accurate then a joystick.

Comment

it's a personal thing. right thumb for aim/look feels like it has a tremendous lack of precision especially when combined with movement. it's a similar in feeling to throwing a ball with your off hand. very awkward which turns into frustration.

in terms of game pads, i've spent 20+ years using left hand as movement and right as functions. while this is nothing new (ps2 and beyond have had these setups) i have never gotten use to dual thumb sticking. i'm sure i would have this same disaster on pc if it had two analog controls but luckily one hand has buttons.

but don't mind me, my mouse keyboard controls are probably vastly different from most peoples unless you were a quake child on the PC.
                                www.hppmotorsports.com
                                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Working...
                                X