anyone here play EVE online anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    I signed up and mined some asteroids, Greasycarl is the name but it gave me some last name that I can't remember. Amarr faction.

I can't even put two mining lasers on my ship yet though, I need a CPU upgrade for that. And it looks like that will cost me $70K or so.

I have another alt with some money on the same account, how can I send that money to my new guy? Is there a mail system like Wow?
    I'll find you. If you want to send money, there are several ways to go about it. Most straight foward is to use the "people and places" button (second from top) and at the drop down select character and then search for your guy. Once you find him, right click that guy and send money.

Originally posted by roliath View Post
    Eve lets you play multiple characters on the same account?
    I was reading over some "getting started guides" and I ran across one that states you can play up to three characters ? Can someone clarify.
    You can have 3 characters, but only one can learn a skill at a time. Basically pointless since you really wouldnt want to train skills on anything except your main. Its more useful if you want to make an alt to sit in Jita all the time for price checks. I live in 0.0 so Jita is 20 jumps away. If i think something out here is too pricey, I'll check Jita with my alt.

Also if you purchase a player on the bazaar that you are happy with where they are at skill-wise, then you can put them in one of those slots and not have to pay for 2 separate accounts, but again, you cant play them both at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by SLOW&Ez View Post
      vent info
      Vs500.gamewarrior.net
      port #3991
      lots of eve friends there just say you know ez_j they will help with any questions!
      We should have a channel in game for those of us who do not have vent. I do, but I usually am on my alliance ventrillo.

Comment

Seeing how I am bumbling around on the game, maybe I should rename this thread "Noobs in Space".

I spent some time last night running level II missions to get the feel back, my luck I pulled I think the hardest one (survival mission) and it took me a while to get it done, mainly because I was doing it wrong. I was doing the good level IV missions before, but I'm afraid of losing my ship so I'm going to creep up to them in difficulty.

Also, I spent WAY too many hours moving crap around last night, seems I have tons of crap scattered all over the region. I spent a lot of time reprocessing junk gear and playing piss-ant stuff in industrial ships, I think I have enough mats to build at least one battleship, might do a mining ship though. I did at least find where I rat-holed my blueprints, they are in a safe spot.

I stumbled across an Incursion fight though, I chickened out when I saw all the pods, so I docked my ship and went and looked at the action in my pod, man those NPC ships were kicking some ass. I had nothing that would have been helpful in that fleet fight, I might fit up a shield rep cruiser this evening though, I think I have the skills for it.

Anyone have a good site to check out mission, gear, ships, etc? I hate to just goggle that shit because you never know when you might come across a key-logger website. I'd like to get some fitting ideas, plus at least look at the new ships that have been released since I stopped playing

If anyone wants to give me a yell, 'drunken polarbear' is my char on there.

Stevo
        Originally posted by SSMAN
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I did some mining on my industrial alt last night.

Is there any way to learn the mining barge skill besides paying 450 ISK for a book on the auction house? I am trying to put together a mining barge and need that skill along with Astrogeology which is another 450 ISK.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
            Seeing how I am bumbling around on the game, maybe I should rename this thread "Noobs in Space".

I spent some time last night running level II missions to get the feel back, my luck I pulled I think the hardest one (survival mission) and it took me a while to get it done, mainly because I was doing it wrong. I was doing the good level IV missions before, but I'm afraid of losing my ship so I'm going to creep up to them in difficulty.

Also, I spent WAY too many hours moving crap around last night, seems I have tons of crap scattered all over the region. I spent a lot of time reprocessing junk gear and playing piss-ant stuff in industrial ships, I think I have enough mats to build at least one battleship, might do a mining ship though. I did at least find where I rat-holed my blueprints, they are in a safe spot.

I stumbled across an Incursion fight though, I chickened out when I saw all the pods, so I docked my ship and went and looked at the action in my pod, man those NPC ships were kicking some ass. I had nothing that would have been helpful in that fleet fight, I might fit up a shield rep cruiser this evening though, I think I have the skills for it.

Anyone have a good site to check out mission, gear, ships, etc? I hate to just goggle that shit because you never know when you might come across a key-logger website. I'd like to get some fitting ideas, plus at least look at the new ships that have been released since I stopped playing

Stevo

I did some mining on my industrial alt last night.

Is there any way to learn the mining barge skill besides paying 450 ISK for a book on the auction house? I am trying to put together a mining barge and need that skill along with Astrogeology which is another 450 ISK.
            Nope, just gotta buy it

Comment

Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
              Nope, just gotta buy it
              I guess I better get to mining.

One thing I don't understand about the game is why it won't allow you to give a ship a name. It is one of the most obvious missing things. And I want to name mine "Cutty Sark"
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

One thing I don't understand about the game is why it won't allow you to give a ship a name. It is one of the most obvious missing things. And I want to name mine "Cutty Sark"

You can name them, somewhere in the menu when you right-click the ship.

Stevo
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

You can name them, somewhere in the menu when you right-click the ship.

Stevo
                  Did not know that. I'll be flying the various whiskeys around tonight then.

Comment

Lol yea and they just changed it too. Before you had to be in the ship to name it, now you can right click on any ship in your hangar and give it a name.

Comment

Suggestions for good starter builds? Gonna probably stick with pve for a bit until I can figure out how to play the game.

Comment

Suggestions for good starter builds? Gonna probably stick with pve for a bit until I can figure out how to play the game.
                        Starter builds for what? What race? What type of PVE? Missions, ratting, anomalies, etc? What SP do you have and what ships can you fly?

Comment

Stevo
                          I would convo you, but you ignored it lol

Comment

Starter builds for what? What race? What type of PVE? Missions, ratting, anomalies, etc? What SP do you have and what ships can you fly?
                            consider it day 1
                            i haven't even created my account, was going to do that tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

consider it day 1
                              i haven't even created my account, was going to do that tonight or tomorrow afternoon.
                              Well PVE king is Caldari, hands down. Missiles allow consistent engagement at any of its effective ranges with no regard to optimals, etc. If you want to get in the game and start having fun with flying around, get a Kestrel, which is the Caldari missile frig. You can easily pop cruiser rats with it and make some decent money fast. Train up for the Caracal and then the Drake. Even though the Drake would be the 3rd ship you own, you will fly that thing for the rest of the time you play Eve. I have 4 in my hangar because they are great general purpose PVP ships as well as PVE. Later on you can move up to battleships and get a Raven and so on. Learning skills are not an issue anymore so train straight for standard missiles, shield skills (under engineering) and train up your Caldari frigate level. Navigation skills are also handy at this point because they will allow you to use speed mods like Afterburners and MWD (microwarp drives). Those few groups are the most handy for any beginning player. Later on once you want to start getting into PVP, those skills will also come in handy. Get EVEMON (google it, typically hosted on battle clinic) and it will allow you to track your character's progress out of game, but best of all you can select a ship and show exactly the skills and the optimal order to train them in. EFT or Eve Fitting Tool is essential as well (hosted on the eve online forums, again just google it) because it will let you play around with different ship fittings before sinking your hard earned ISK into modules that will not help you at all. All too many times I would buy things and they would either not fit due to powergrid or CPU, or they would not increase the performance of the ship.

Lots to take in, but its the only way to learn. My main is a Caldari pilot, he's a Carrier and Dread pilot at the moment training for supercarriers. I love flying Caldari and wouldn't have my main any other way. My alt is minmatar and its a TON of fun PVP, but horrible for PVE and very skill intensive. Caldari are shield tankers and missile shooters (mostly). Minmatar use both shield and armor, projectiles and missiles, etc. Its hard to focus on any one thing and be able to multi task with them. Caldari is probably the most user friendly of the races for new players and veterans alike.

Comment

I would convo you, but you ignored it lol
                                I didn't even think about that maybe being someone from here until after I clicked it. Nice to chat with you later though, I was near asleep but trying to finish selling and reprocessing all the crap I had.

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                                X