TV distribution solution at my job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV distribution solution at my job.

The Network Engineer and I have been tasked with figuring out how we can distribute Direct TV to 12 TVs throughout the building. We have 8 DTV boxes, and CAT6 running to all the TVs. The DTV boxes need to be centrally located.

Neither one of us have even dealt with this, and I was hoping someone here has!

The only thing you have running to the tv's is cat 6? no coax or anything?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Cisco's DMS can do it, but that'll be pricey. There are more....cost effective solutions out there. A lot of digital signage solutions will handle TV inputs and distribute the video to end points connected to the TVs.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Uverse wireless receivers.

Jk idk

Comment

Crestron DM-16x16

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
            Crestron DM-16x16
            Werd

Call us if you want a quote on some product that can do exactly what you need plus add control of the DirecTV boxes. (If you want)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
              Crestron DM-16x16
              Crestron is good shit, we used them a lot in my previous jobs.

Comment

Unfortunately not all of the TVs have coax, BUT I think it may be easier to run coax to the tvs that dont have it.

Comment

cat5/6 is fine

how much are you looking to spend?

Comment

But dont they have a setup that pipes X number feeds thru different digital channels and you just need to change the channel on the TV to go thru them? That Crestron DM-16x16 is overkill.

Comment

they do, but that's not what you asked for and those systems don't typically use cat5/6

Comment

That's a modulated system which is an entirely different animal. You won't use that multiple boxes (DirecTV) for that. The only issue is the overall quality suffers. Guess it depends on what you'd like the end result to be.
                        sigpic

Comment

You can convert HDMI or component signals to Cat6 fairly easily.

It all depends upon the length and quantity of drops which converter\system you would use.

We used to do this at CompUSA using multiple satellite HD and local HD sources from the server room, which ran over some pretty long Cat5e runs sometimes using a converter at the end depending on the use.

The same HD signal can also be deployed to several TVs at various locations using boosters also.

Here's a good link:

The guys at CE Labs are local and we dreamed up some crazy shit over a large retail footprint.

Send me a PM if you still need some help....
                          Last edited by Gargamel; 10-31-2013, 04:40 PM.

Comment

might not be the best approach but couldnt you use chromecast?

Comment

ZeeVee HDb2640 is what I need, but I have question about it. It says it does 1080p, but only has a Component video input?

Comment

Working...
                              X