X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm out /Sharktank

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
      ZeeVee HDb2640 is what I need, but I have question about it. It says it does 1080p, but only has a Component video input?
      Looks like component cabling to a proprietary DIN cable.

1080p over component cable?

The general answer is no, although the physical limitation is not in the cable, but in the RCA connector.

The other limitation is the "Image Constraint Token" in AACS-compliant players.

So, in general, component cables do not support 1080p, only 1080i and 720p.

If you are stuck with 1080p requirements, I would look for an HDMI solution.

Also, for most needs, 720p can look fantastic on a good display.
      Last edited by Gargamel; 11-01-2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

1080p is a waste of time in a work environment anyway

Comment

Sorry if the pics are turned sideways, I rotated them in Windows, in PB, and they still show up the wrong way.

You talked about the Crestron, we have two. WTF do these things do?

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
            1080p is a waste of time in a work environment anyway
            Probably, but since this is a new setup we are trying to keep things up to date as possible. Even though we dropped a ton on new projectors that only do 1080p.

Comment

They seem to be Crestron DM-MD16x16 media switchers

I don't have a lot of experience with Crestron products, but from what I can tell, it looks like the units in question may have a Cat 5e\6 capability if they have the right output cards. What their recommended run lengths and requirements are I don't know.

Here is a link to the unit.

I'd give the Crestron reps a shout.

http://www.crestron.com/resources/pr...del=DM-MD16X16

Comment

up to 330ft (HDBaseT) in and 330ft out, it is modular

Comment

the Crestron switchers are modular and can take just about any input and switch it to any output

BTW, that is a lot of equipment and relatively up to date, have you considered calling the guys at AVI/SPL? If not, I'm sure the place I work would like a shot at the business.

Comment

up to 330ft (HDBaseT) in and 330ft out, it is modular
                    Does it have to be direct connection, or can it be routed, or set an IP?

the Crestron switchers are modular and can take just about any input and switch it to any output

BTW, that is a lot of equipment and relatively up to date, have you considered calling the guys at AVI/SPL? If not, I'm sure the place I work would like a shot at the business.
                    I will here soon.

Comment

Does it have to be direct connection, or can it be routed, or set an IP?

I will here soon.
                      they use receivers on the output side of the switch for each display device, which also allows them to be controlled to turn them on/off/volume/input select/etc. with the proper control pads/remotes/touch panels if need be

Comment

I've emailed AVI/SPL and asked them more about it. Since you are their competition I wont bother you.

This is turning into a bigger pain than my bosses thought it would be.

Comment

No problem.

Comment

I've emailed AVI/SPL and asked them more about it. Since you are their competition I wont bother you.

This is turning into a bigger pain than my bosses thought it would be.
                            No problem.
                            With the right AV integrator it shouldn't be a pita..... Just saying.
                            sigpic

Comment

#kingofnewyork

Comment

Working...
                              X