It's 4k time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    I'm just fuckin' with ya. I just finally got a PC that can handle most games at max ( 1080p ) So I'm happy.
    Do not sit in front of a 4k system if you're happy with that
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      Do not sit in front of a 4k system if you're happy with that
      I steer clear of them! Can't want something if you've never seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        I steer clear of them! Can't want something if you've never seen it.
        4K desktop is nice, but Windows doesn't dpi scaling isn't that great when compared to OSX or even Ubuntu.
        I haven't tried windows 10 yet on my 4k system so I can't comment on that, but i'm interested if they've "fixed" it.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
          4K desktop is nice, but Windows doesn't dpi scaling isn't that great when compared to OSX or even Ubuntu.
          I haven't tried windows 10 yet on my 4k system so I can't comment on that, but i'm interested if they've "fixed" it.
          I'll wait for your all clear and buy your "old" 4k stuff when you sell it

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
            All reports are it works very well.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Do SLI 980 TIs then if you are set on 4k. Even SLI 980s will leave you wanting @ 2160p like it did me if you want 60fps locked.4

I can completely tell you its worth the 1200 if you are doing 4k.
              sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately I have a crossfire mobo atm. I ordered 1 980ti, I'll see how it does, and if needed I'll switch mood and pick up a second one.

Comment

You'll like it. Which?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                    You'll like it. Which?
                    I want one of these.
                    Buy MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

Cool. I think that's the only one that will do 1500+ on air right now.
                      sigpic

Comment

How are those compared to the ACX2.0 coolers?

Comment

Well from what I hear, if you don't set a custom fan profile they will run in the 75c-80c range.

My ACX 2.0 coolers were great and never spooled above 1500 rpm, but they were 980s. I think 980 Ti PCB is another monster.

I know roliath has a reference titan X and I'm running 980 Ti references and they are notoriously the hottest cards and we don't have high temps like that.

The ACX 2.0 fans will totally shut off under 60c.
                          sigpic

Comment

I mean, I have an ACX2.0 9 series card right now, I'm asking how well those MSI cards compare to the ACX series coolers? Are the MSI cards overclocking the highest because of their batch/bin or is it the cooler?

Comment

I mean, I have an ACX2.0 9 series card right now, I'm asking how well those MSI cards compare to the ACX series coolers? Are the MSI cards overclocking the highest because of their batch/bin or is it the cooler?
                              The ACX is better than the reference cooler that's for damn sure, but I know its louder under load. I can't recall what my 770 had (acx 2.0 or 1.0), so i'm basing it off that.

Those 6G's are the fastest partly due to the cooler (plus its quiet as fuck).
                              When the MSI Titan X landed many consumers drooled over the thought of the Maxwell (GM200-400) architecture 'unleashed'. Sadly not everyone can afford the

You can always look into the AIO cooler EVGA makes. If I can ever catch that motherfucker in stock I plan on ordering one for my Titan.
                              Last edited by roliath; 07-22-2015, 10:02 PM.

Comment

I think the MSI gaming editions don't use reference PCB.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X