No announcement yet.

It's 4k time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrading my system soon. I'm selling my old setup if you might be interested. It's an FX-8350 processor, Asus M97A5 (I think that's it) AM3+ motherboard, 12GB Corsair DDR-3, and a fancy Coolermaster HSF. I would probably ask $250 for that setup, and for another $250, I'll throw in a EVGA GTX 970 SSC, so $500 for a system that will run just about any game on ultra at 1080p or 1440p.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Yea I'm liking the 980tis. I think these will last me until 1080ti Pascals come out.. The next gen nvidia gpus will be half the size as the maxwells and perform x2 so I'm hearing. Those will be pretty cool for mini atx builds.
      sigpic

Comment

Trying to decide on my next enclosure. I'm getting out of a coolermaster cosmos s, the biggest, heaviest computer I've ever owned. I'm going small this time with a micro-atx board. Looked at the Corsair 350D, 250D, 240 Air, and Thermaltake V21. Trying to figure out what I want to do. So far I'm thinking the 240 Air looks the most appealing. Anyone run a micro ATX?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Fuck corsair. The denied me a warranty on a ssd (5 year warranty neutron) with a slight crack on the sticker and told me it had been removed.

Check small caselabs cases. Best out there imo. My next build will also be out of my cosmos II and in a flat caselabs.

This is your speed

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Trying to decide on my next enclosure. I'm getting out of a coolermaster cosmos s, the biggest, heaviest computer I've ever owned. I'm going small this time with a micro-atx board. Looked at the Corsair 350D, 250D, 240 Air, and Thermaltake V21. Trying to figure out what I want to do. So far I'm thinking the 240 Air looks the most appealing. Anyone run a micro ATX?
            frys has the v1 case for 30 after a 10 rebate this week , thinking about picking up 1

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
              frys has the v1 case for 30 after a 10 rebate this week , thinking about picking up 1
              V1? the Thermaltake V21?

Comment

V1 mini itx. Now if only frys had a mini board with a cheap processor.

Thing should be great with the r9 nano coming out later this month

Comment

Ah, I'm going micro atx since I'm going sli.

Comment

Oh SLI huuuuuuuh?????????????? �������������������������������������������������� ����

Great advice: get a board where you can space the cards 1 slot apart or they will run to 83c then throttle down.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X