Motorola Xoom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 88Kaufmann View Post
    Netbooks have lots of limitations via hardware\OS\software, aren't as user friendly as the touch screen interfaces of an IPad or Xoom and current tablet PCs are too expensive, bulky, and aren't quite "there" yet....

Most of the people I work with are like me.... they like the form factor and interface of a tablet, but like the compatibility, resources and power of a standard laptop.

When the 2 finally merge... and it will happen.... I'd pay a good price for one...
    Buy this one then.

ASUS' powerful 12-inch Eee Slate EP121 tablet has been no secret -- don't forget, it was teased at Computex and then sketched on a digital blackboard -- but here it is, with final specs and pricing information. Unlike ASUS' trio of Android tablets, the EP121 is all about Windows 7, and oh does it have the guts to run it smoothly -- it's powered by a Core i5-470UM processor, packs 2 to 4GB of RAM, and a 64GB SSD. It sure has the internal muscle to compete, but it also has a high-resolution (1280 x 800) 12.1-inch IPS capacitive display with a Wacom digitizer. The latter will allow you to use the included stylus to draw self-portraits or you know, take notes in class. ASUS maintains that the tablet breeds entertainment with enterprise, but something tells us the front-facing camera and HDMI port will have this one in the living room more than the board room. ASUS says the EP121 should be hitting sometime in the first quarter of the year for around $1,100, but expect us to bring you hands-on impressions way before that. Hit the break for the full specs. Update: ASUS says it'll actually start at $1,000, with an upgraded model available for an extra Benjamin, and it's due out later this month! %Gallery-112479% %Gallery-112543%

Comment

I'm planning to buy an iPad2 3G but I'm going to at least test drive a Xoom first. Having the ability to upgrade to LTE for free is a really significant selling point.

On the iPad side of things I think the overall environment and experience is the main selling point.

Comment

So far it is bad ass. The battery life is fucking crazy on it. Ive gone two days so far on one charge with 3g and wifi. I already play 720p bluray rips and do some other items for work remotely, citrix, vpn aventail. I cant wait for flash.

I really can't wait for LTE. Shit rapes.

First test with 55% signal. Inside a two story building. Same area tested with Clear.
        2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ

2011 GMC Terrain SLT2

2010 Polaris Ranger RZR S Orange Madness

Ban count: 2

Comment

Working...
        X