No announcement yet.

who is getting gran turismo 5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not buying simply because I don't want to lay out cash for a new steering controller...

Comment

6 years and they still couldnt get the sound right??? FAIL

Comment

So how is the game... Some feed back would be great, Thanks!!! What cars?

Comment

So, was the wait worth it?
          If I had a PS3 I'd probably grab this game. I haven't played a GT game in many years, especially after Forza came out.

Comment

Originally posted by ENKI View Post
            So, was the wait worth it?
            If I had a PS3 I'd probably grab this game. I haven't played a GT game in many years, especially after Forza came out.
            Guess everyone is playing it and too busy to even bother letting us know how it is... Damn.

Comment

I just picked it up and installing the tracks and cars onto the hard drive. Been going for 15 minutes now and has said "approx 20 minutes left" at the bottom the whole time. the progress bar is moving so Im cool.

One of the biggest fails in this system IMO is the install times! D/l'ing demos are painfull!!

Comment

Well, IGN gave it an 8.5, so that's a start.

Comment

Initial impression: Opening movie is not synced with the sound and it keeps cutting out. Then it wants to install to make loading faster, 8gb. 20 min remaining.... 20 min later it still says 20 min remaining, took about 50min total. Sound still cutting out on menu screen became very annoying. 5 years in the making this doesn't feel very polished.

After install: Game graphics look pretty good, drives just like previous GT games. Home screen is better put together than the previous map versions. I went and raced the AI until i did everything i could with my car and no license, then went to online play. Doing PITs on real people is alot more satisfying than computers. I only did 2 online races because it was pretty late after everything got installed and sorted out.

Tonight I plan to play alot more.

Comment

Was too damn tired last night but picked it up this morning. Will play later in the day after I get home.
                    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

This game is pissing me off. It is SOOOOO fucking slow picking options on the main menu and if you go back to the main menu the cursor takes about 1-2 MINUTES to show up. Its frustrating, the graphics are not what I was expecting and the racing isnt anything new. Im not crazy about it at this point but I still havent been able to setup a career because the menu is pissing me off.

Comment

I have race a few races and I am liking it, but I really havent had time to get down on it and really see whats up. That will happen tonight and into the earlier morning hours of tomorrow.

The 3D - ehh its kinds weak IMO, compared to motor storm 3D rift. But the game has adjustments to the 3D settings so I need to educate myself on convergence and shit and I'm sure once I get it setup right it will be better.

If anyone wants to jam online around 10-1030 tonight , shoot me a pm or something.

My screen name is the same as here Txstang1
                        Vortex rear stand $75
                        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                        11 4 door
                        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                          This game is pissing me off. It is SOOOOO fucking slow picking options on the main menu and if you go back to the main menu the cursor takes about 1-2 MINUTES to show up. Its frustrating, the graphics are not what I was expecting and the racing isnt anything new. Im not crazy about it at this point but I still havent been able to setup a career because the menu is pissing me off.
                          Wow, not having those issues at all over here.

But the 8GB download did take about an hour or so for DL and install.
                          Vortex rear stand $75
                          8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                          but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

11 4 door
                          13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

fuck...8gig download and almost an hour to install...guess I won't play it tonight

work next 2 days

Comment

Originally posted by Txstang1 View Post
                              Wow, not having those issues at all over here.

But the 8GB download did take about an hour or so for DL and install.
                              Im restarting my PS3. Something is up because everytime I try to setup my home page it thinks Im doing it again for the first time. I have done it twice now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                                Im restarting my PS3. Something is up because everytime I try to setup my home page it thinks Im doing it again for the first time. I have done it twice now.
                                Now I did have that problem, but after a few times it seems to have quit, but I have played today to see if it does it again.

And the 8 GB download in optional (suppossed to make things load faster), and its a download from the game disc, not the internet.
                                Vortex rear stand $75
                                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**

11 4 door
                                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
                                X