The Walking Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
    you dont even need aluminum, just a heavy plastic composite or some laminated pieces.
    Which is likely a big upgrade over the 13th century steel ones, for the zombie task at least.
    WH

Comment

• I have a feeling the 1.5 hour finale is gonna be a regular episode, with 30 extra minutes of commercials. Holy shit there are a lot of commercials during this show.

Comment

• Originally posted by UserX View Post
        I have a feeling the 1.5 hour finale is gonna be a regular episode, with 30 extra minutes of commercials. Holy shit there are a lot of commercials during this show.
        i realize it may feel that way, but its no different than any other show allotted an hour time slot. It's 42-43 minutes each episode. This is pretty much the standard.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by UserX View Post
          I have a feeling the 1.5 hour finale is gonna be a regular episode, with 30 extra minutes of commercials. Holy shit there are a lot of commercials during this show.
          That they try their damnedest to make you watch. As a general rule, with the oem dish network dvr that I have, I can hit the skip ahead button 5 times and land real close to a given show. To skip commercials. Most of the time, this method will land right on it, likely because they have a set time period that they don't allow their commercials to run past. This is pretty much every show that I have ever DVR'd, except for the walking dead. Its all over the place. 2 minutes here, 7 minutes there, 3 minutes over there. Its like they know you'll just settle and watch a commercial or two just to not have to deal with it.

On top of that they start the show 10 minutes early, all the other shows (some even on AMC just like TWD) will start within 1 minute. They're milking it for all its worth and pulling out every little stop they possibly can.
          WH

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
            He became a zombie in the Zombies universe. They even ate Galactus.
            WTF? I'd like to read that.

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
            Can't believe Rick let that pussy put his hands on him like that. Should have shot them all right then.
            I can't believe Rick turned into a crazy, power grubbing, pussy hungry, stalker.

Comment

• Caught this over on another message board and thought it was pretty interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                Caught this over on another message board and thought it was pretty interesting.

http://www.wetpaint.com/walking-dead...-knockout-rick
                Here's the article - that url was asking for a premium login or facebook login. Silly web designer just changed the color of the text but didn't hide it from a simple copy/paste.

Was Michonne Right or Wrong to Knock Rick Out in The Walking Dead "Try"?

Michonne (Danai Gurira) knocked out Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln) mid-rant at the end of last night’s The Walking Dead Season 5, Episode 15, “Try.” So far, reaction online seems mixed.
                Over at Entertainment Weekly, they had a poll asking if Rick went too far by pulling a gun on Deanna and the others. A lot of fans are backing Rick, which makes sense since he is the main character of the show and most of the people in Alexandria seem weak or worse. We’ve been following Rick for five seasons, but the people of this town just met a guy who seems like a budding dictator — waving a gun in the street with blood on his face. They don’t even know what he was fighting about. Neither does Michonne, at this point.
                Was Michonne right to shut it down before that rant escalated into … what? A violent takeover? What would’ve happened next, if she hadn’t stopped him from continuing his bloody rage? Do you wish we had been able to see? Maybe you think she was disloyal and should’ve backed up Rick, letting him take over leadership so guys like Pete and Nicholas can be controlled and not just enabled?
                There’s no right way to interpret it — although, in the comic book, when Rick came-to, he asked Michonne why she did that, and she told him to look at himself — is he really asking why. He looked around and saw the people of his town, including his own family, and asked “What have I done.”
                Rick may do something different in the Season 5 finale, it already looks like the story might shift a bit, with Deanna holding a town meeting to discuss what to do about Rick. (Shades of Dale’s meeting about Randall in Season 2, and we all saw how well that went.) The Alexandrians definitely seem naive and, in some cases, cowardly, but they have lasted this long without Rick and company. And Deanna just lost her son on a supply run with people who are supposed to know best. And Father Gabriel just told her that Rick’s group has done terrible things.
                It’s only natural for Deanna to question Rick’s group, but she also told Nicholas she sees a lot. She doesn’t seem completely naive to her own group’s weaknesses. She’s not a terrible leader. If she were the kind of person who just exiled or killed anyone questionable, she not only would’ve ditched Pete by now, she would‘ve exiled or killed Rick’s group too. There are other ways of stopping people, beyond exile and death.
                Plus, what happens if it turns into a takeover? Michonne doesn't want that. Glenn doesn't want that. Maggie doesn't want that. Daryl doesn't want that. Most of our group does not want that. They are trying hard to make Alexandria work, and not everyone in Alexandria is useless. (See Aaron, Eric, and even the budding badass Francine.)
                Rick and Carol had their own side plan going on with Pete that Michonne knew nothing about. Maybe if Michonne had known what Rick was doing and why … she’d feel differently? Probably not. She’d probably see that both Carol and Rick were bringing too much of their own personal experiences into it — Carol as an abuse survivor and Rick as super hot for Jessie.
                Rick even admitted to Jessie that he wouldn’t stop just any abuser, he’s into Jessie. In a lot of ways, it was Rick taking on the Shane role — believing he’s a better man to protect a married woman’s family. It’s not hard to see how Rick is a better man than a wife beater, but his intentions weren’t 100 percent “let’s get rid of the bad guys” — or Nicholas would be long gone by now. Rick has heard the Noah/Aiden/Nicholas story from Glenn, but you didn’t see Rick in Nicholas’s house, did you. He’s into Jessie, and he rationalized his behavior from it.
                Was Deanna wrong to let Pete keep abusing? Yeah, but Jessie herself wasn’t ready to move on until Rick stepped in and offered a new life. Carol was in that place once herself. More than anything, the people of Alexandria just need time to catch up. They need people with knowledge and experience to lead in a positive way, not have fights in the street and wave guns around with blood on their faces. Rick did not show a good face of leadership, literally, last night. Then again, is Deanna showing the right face of leadership to turn a blind eye to the weak links in her group? How has she not seen the truth about Nicholas before now, and if she did see it, why didn’t she do anything?
                Did Michonne do the right thing to shut Rick down and avoid a bloody takeover or did she ruin a good speech leading to a necessary takeover?

Comment

• Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                  Can't believe Rick let that pussy put his hands on him like that. Should have shot them all right then.
                  That's something that I have been annoyed with for a while now. Rick started out as the tough as nails fighter that no one could beat and now he's a pussy. Started with the governor nearly killing him in a one on one, then Tyreese was kicking the shit out of him until Daryl pulled him off, then the thugs that Daryl was with, and now some random doctor...

Funny that he has basically become Shane. Wanting another mans wife, willing to kill anyone, telling people to wake up and do whatever it takes to survive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    WTF? I'd like to read that.

I can't believe Rick turned into a crazy, power grubbing, pussy hungry, stalker.
                    I think he's just letting it get the best of him because he's been out there for too long. Given time to readjust to easier living, I don't think any of those things would be his traits. Its just not who he really is. He wasn't that before it all started, so he could get back to the old, if now more educated, self.

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    That's something that I have been annoyed with for a while now. Rick started out as the tough as nails fighter that no one could beat and now he's a pussy. Started with the governor nearly killing him in a one on one, then Tyreese was kicking the shit out of him until Daryl pulled him off, then the thugs that Daryl was with, and now some random doctor...

Funny that he has basically become Shane. Wanting another mans wife, willing to kill anyone, telling people to wake up and do whatever it takes to survive.
                    He's not a big guy, in a fair fight somebody larger would have a clear advantage. Plus that guy has a lot of evil inside, which was turned lose on rick. He didn't want to shoot the guy because he knew they'd probably be thrown out or it would cause too much chaos. imho he made the right call.
                    WH

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post

Tyrese did it before the governor and had a significant size advantage. I would think he should have kicked the governor's ass being trained law enforcement(and we all know cops can beat some ass ). I thought the guys with Daryl beat him up as a group(I don't remember exactly). This random doctor has a size advantage, but from what they've shown his only training is in taking out women, children and bottles of booze... so I think Rick should have been able to handle him easily.

Of course, Rick needs to wait until blondie touches his dick before getting in a fight over the possibility of her touching his dick. Should have just brought out their dirty laundry in a public forum. That seems like it would be what gets the Alexandria group's attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post

Of course, Rick needs to wait until blondie touches his dick before getting in a fight over the possibility of her touching his dick. Should have just brought out their dirty laundry in a public forum. That seems like it would be what gets the Alexandria group's attention.
                        www.dfwpostapocolypse.net is where I'd post
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

• so who are the W labels coming from....

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            www.dfwpostapocolypse.net is where I'd post
                            not quite what I had in mind... but they do seem to have everything else working at that place.

Comment

• Originally posted by zachary View Post
                              so who are the W labels coming from....

The internet says it's "the wolves"... This screenshot was from the episode where they went to Noah's community.

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                                I've never thought of that, and you're right.

Comment

Working...
                                X