No announcement yet.

Doomsday Preppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i saw one of these on tv last night. are these people...

1. nuts
    2. smarter than ELVIS
    3. its their hobby and i just find it wierd( i mean i collect Elvis dolls and no one thinks thats odd)

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      so i saw one of these on tv last night. are these people...

1. nuts
      2. smarter than ELVIS
      3. its their hobby and i just find it wierd( i mean i collect Elvis dolls and no one thinks thats odd)

god bless.
      They go through extraordinary effort to make the people seem crazy - it's part of the appeal of the show. But, some of them clearly are. I still can't stop laughing at one of the first episodes where the jackass shoots himself in the hand. I can't understand how much stupidity that requires.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        They go through extraordinary effort to make the people seem crazy - it's part of the appeal of the show. But, some of them clearly are. I still can't stop laughing at one of the first episodes where the jackass shoots himself in the hand. I can't understand how much stupidity that requires.
        This

I think alot of it is played up for TV but I'm sure most of those people really live that way. I can see prepping for some situations but some of this stuff I'm not sure I would want to survive through. If there is a nuclear attack I will be driving towards the bomb not away from it. I don't want to live life like Fallout 3!
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

But the truth is like many reality shows - the real preppers (the real deal) are not going to go on a national network's television network to show the whole world how, why, and where their shit is stored. So take it for what it's worth, a watered town, over hyped, over edited sensationalized TV show.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I just watched the first episode and laughed my ass off at the chick that lived in the apartment. Come on, does she really work out 4 hours a day? That 12 mile ruck beat her ass, took her 6 hours to complete, and had to change her socks. Maybe if she didn't walk through water puddles she wouldn't have that problem. And looked like she had been planning for a while yet she had no idea what she was doing with a gun or had a route to get out of that shithole called Houston. I haven't had this much fun since watching hoarders.
            De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Working...
            X