No announcement yet.

Lone Survivor and American Sniper movies coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great movie except I wish they stuck to how it really ended instead of the artistic bs.
    De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Originally posted by 95ragtop View Post
      Great movie except I wish they stuck to how it really ended instead of the artistic bs.

How did it really end? I just watched it last night and thought it was pretty damn good. Really intense though lol

Comment

Originally posted by BERT View Post
        How did it really end? I just watched it last night and thought it was pretty damn good. Really intense though lol
        Really bro you should get the book and read it in one sitting. I am not a big reader and the book held my attention until I had finished it in one sitting.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          I agree. There were several aspects that I wished had followed closer to the book. I particularly didn't care for the arguing over whether to kill the goat herders when in the book they didn't argue just mentioned their options. Also when Murphy was killed it was a bad deal not exactly like the movie. Luttrell mentions having to drop his gun to cover his ears while Murph screamed for help.
          I, personally, enjoyed that dialogue. Their situation has become a textbook example of right vs. wrong and the grey area in between for military studies. It's very easy, in a movie situation, to say they made the wrong call. But as a human, that define their lives.

Comment

If anyone has a flight on one of the newer AA planes, it's one of the free movie selections available right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jefehbk View Post
              Really bro you should get the book and read it in one sitting. I am not a big reader and the book held my attention until I had finished it in one sitting.
              He really only needs to read the 2nd half of the book for the mission, as the first half of the book is about BUDS training.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                He really only needs to read the 2nd half of the book for the mission, as the first half of the book is about BUDS training.

Hell I would take the Cliff's notes at this point

Comment

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZtrhRRw53Y&sns=fb[/ame]

Can't youtube embed from taptalk apparently.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZtrhRRw53Y&sns=fb

Can't youtube embed from taptalk apparently.
                    I want to see the movie but I hope it gets better. Little things kill me sometimes, and that door was obviously open (You can see it at 17 seconds).
                    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                    -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                      I want to see the movie but I hope it gets better. Little things kill me sometimes, and that door was obviously open (You can see it at 17 seconds).
                      Who cares if it was open? In a real life situation he's not going to his hand off his rifle to politely open the door....bro.
                      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I think this movie will deliver. Just remember, it's a movie, not actual footage. Enjoy it for what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                          I think this movie will deliver. Just remember, it's a movie, not actual footage. Enjoy it for what it is.
                          This. A few of the actors may be SEAL's or former military, but your average hollywood joe isn't kicking in a closed door...
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                            This. A few of the actors may be SEAL's or former military, but your average hollywood joe isn't kicking in a closed door...
                            I read in one of the blurb's that Kyle's spotter will be playing himself in some scenes with Bradley Cooper.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                              I read in one of the blurb's that Kyle's spotter will be playing himself in some scenes with Bradley Cooper.
                              Thats why I threw in that a few may be seals! I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a cameo by Marcus Luttrell.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

New clip from American sniper coming out soon.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X