No announcement yet.

Lone Survivor and American Sniper movies coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow that was an awesome movie. Wife is about to pop so she surprised me with one last date night and said she wanted to go see this.

Powerful and emotional. Weirdest thing was during the credits, there is no sound. Everyone got up silently, and no one talked above a whisper until we were in the lobby. Never heard/seen that before. It was very much like leaving a funeral.

Comment

• American Sniper just hit the internet as a screener

Comment

• Link?
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
          American Sniper just hit the internet as a screener
          Yup that and a bunch of other movies. The quality isn't great but it's not terrible either.

Comment

• are screeners still shit?
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
              are screeners still shit?
              Some are labeled as screener's but aren't. Best bet is to read the comments to see what other people are saying about the video and audio quality. I've had pretty good luck, especially the past couple of years of "screener season".

Comment

• Read the following two articles in the DMN this morning and thought they were interesting enough to share. Wish I had known Bradley Cooper and Tara Kyle were attending a local red carpet screening of American Sniper, I would have love to have gone and seen it again.

Chris Kyle’s widow struggled with having husband portrayed on film

Still in limited release, ‘American Sniper’ sets 15-day box-office record at AMC NorthPark

Comment

• I saw American Sniper last week at Northpark. It was outstanding. I highly, highly recommend it.
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    Read the following two articles in the DMN this morning and thought they were interesting enough to share. Wish I had known Bradley Cooper and Tara Kyle were attending a local red carpet screening of American Sniper, I would have love to have gone and seen it again.

Chris Kyle’s widow struggled with having husband portrayed on film

Still in limited release, ‘American Sniper’ sets 15-day box-office record at AMC NorthPark
                    Wow at the prices for it:
                    From director Clint Eastwood comes “American Sniper,” starring Bradley Cooper as Chris Kyle, the most lethal sniper in U.S. military history. But there was much more to him than his skill as a sharpshooter. U.S. Navy SEAL Chris Kyle is sent to Iraq with only one mission: to protect his brothers-in-arms. His pinpoint accuracy saves countless lives on the battlefield and, as stories of his courageous exploits spread, he earns the nickname “Legend.” However, his reputation is also growing behind enemy lines, putting a price on his head and making him a prime target of insurgents. He is also facing a different kind of battle on the home front: striving to be a good husband and father from halfway around the world. Despite the danger, as well as the toll on his family at home, Chris serves through four harrowing tours of duty in Iraq, personifying the spirit of the SEAL creed to “leave no one behind.” But upon returning to his wife, Taya Renae Kyle (Sienna Miller), and kids, Chris finds that it is the war he can’t leave behind. Your ticket includes complimentary movie watching snacks. Ticket sales and your donations will support the Chris Kyle Frog Foundation! Order your tickets now as this event has very limited seating and tickets will sell out quickly! Contact us for additional sponsorship opportunities.
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                      Ouch! Although I'm sure it's for a good cause, I would have been out the moment I saw the price

Comment

• Great fucking movie. Plan to read the book soon. Things I have been reading online suggest they did leave out or slightly change some things, but apparently it was pretty close to the book. They left out all the exaggerations/lies about the car jacking, katrina, etc and did not cover anything about him writing the book. Anyways I really enjoyed it. Would love to hear from someone who has read the book and seen the movie.
                        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

• I tried to go see it today in IMAX. It was sold out, I think I'll try again on Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post

Powerful and emotional. Weirdest thing was during the credits, there is no sound. Everyone got up silently, and no one talked above a whisper until we were in the lobby. Never heard/seen that before. It was very much like leaving a funeral.
                            We watched it last night. I saw a few guys with red eyes and like you said, everyone was quiet walking out. I've never experienced that in my life at a theater. Good movie. I had never heard of Chris Kyle until he was killed, the movie portrayed him as a hell of a guy. Damn shame how the end of his life went down.

Comment

• Damn good movie, and the silence on exit showed me that everyone there respects Kyle as a real American hero.
                              sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                              17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                              13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                              86 SVO - Sold
                              '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                              01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                              65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• We saw it last night, great movie, very moving if you have served or spent time in the desert. Dead silence as we left too, we got there 15min early and the only seats left were in the front row. If you are going to see it I would recommend getting there at least an hour before showtime.

Comment

Working...
                                X