No announcement yet.

ENDER'S GAME - Teaser Trailer Announcement & Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this last week and really enjoyed it.

Comment

Just watched it. Thought it was great, not having read the book. The ending of the movie, if it's the same as the book leaves me wanting. I can see a great book ending like that, but not a movie. Not much closure at all. I guess the whole thing is that once Ender realized he understood his enemy, he now loves them and wants to help them? Is he gonna find some uncharted planet with liquid water and no complex lifeforms?
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Saw this tonight and enjoyed it. Interesting story, I might have to read the book.

Comment

I'm reading through the book now, I'm disappointed they didn't go into as much depth in Battle School as they should have. That was an extremely important part of the story, IMO.

Comment

We watched it Saturday night. I gotta say I was really impressed. I LOVED the books and was going into this with extremely low expectations. It matched up great with the book I thought. Of course they cut out a bunch of important details, but for a <2 hour movie they did a great job. AND it seems like they're actually going to continue making them.

Comment

Watched the movie last night, and not having read the books I think it was enjoyable and a fun flick!

Curious what the series of books are about...can someone give me cliff notes??

I am assuming he uses the egg and restarts the formics civilization? Does he end up fighting for them? They way they left the other young leader a live in the movie was interesting??

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
                Watched the movie last night, and not having read the books I think it was enjoyable and a fun flick!

I am assuming he uses the egg and restarts the formics civilization? Does he end up fighting for them? They way they left the other young leader a live in the movie was interesting??
                The shadow line of books are from Beans perspective of battle school and his story after the war ended. Bean was going to replace Ender if Ender cracked. Bean was/is vastly more intelligent than Ender, but Ender was a better leader.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post

SPOILER ALERT for the next books

So he carries the egg with him for thousands of years(deep space travel doesn't age people, it's all explained) until he finds a suitable planet for it. They discover ANOTHER alien species on this other planet and he decides to start their new civilization there with the new aliens. Meantime good old Earth has sent the MD device(the device that destroyed the buggers home planet) to destroy this world because of the aliens. Ender has to figure out how to stop the human fleet coming towards their planet while making discoveries about this new alien society. The very last book they discover ANOTHER alien species that actually somewhat created, or at least modified, this planet's ecosystem(the one with the new aliens) and the entire series ends on a huge cliffhanger with "Ender" finding the supposed home planet of the creator aliens.
                  There it is in a really small nut shell.

Comment

Working...
                  X