No announcement yet.

The Dark Knight Rises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn!!! $745,422,493 so far and its the 2nd highest in 2012 so far. Could it actually get close to The Avengers $1.4 billion mark?
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

• Originally posted by roliath View Post
      Its not just the mask though, its also his vest. read the link above about the deleted scene. When the bluray comes out, i'm sure (I fucking hope) they will include some of these deleted scenes.

He must not need the vest all the time though

Comment

• I just watched it and thought it kicked ass.

Comment

• Saw it last night, alot better than I expected. Really good movie overall

Comment

• Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
            Damn!!! $745,422,493 so far and its the 2nd highest in 2012 so far. Could it actually get close to The Avengers $1.4 billion mark?
            It's still in theatres and its at $901,265,020 so far.
            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
              It's still in theatres and its at $901,265,020 so far.
              Not bad considering unlike the Avengers it didn't have the extra $2/ticket for 3D, not every parent is comfortable taking their kid to see it, and the Avengers also didn't have some asshole shoot up a theater during a showing which probably scared a lot of people off.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                Not bad considering unlike the Avengers it didn't have the extra $2/ticket for 3D, not every parent is comfortable taking their kid to see it, and the Avengers also didn't have some asshole shoot up a theater during a showing which probably scared a lot of people off.
                consider this batman '89 sold 12 million more tickets than TDKR.

To put that in perspective the avengers sold 76 million tickets, or 25 million more tickets. Are you saying 25 million people didnt see the movie because of no 3d, and/or the shooting?

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                  consider this batman '89 sold 12 million more tickets than TDKR.

To put that in perspective the avengers sold 76 million tickets, or 25 million more tickets. Are you saying 25 million people didnt see the movie because of no 3d, and/or the shooting?
                  I'm saying that there are millions of kids who's parents wouldn't want them to see the movie because of the terrorist scenes and the shooting. I didn't know I was starting a "My favorite movies dick is bigger than your favorite movies dick" battle. My bad.

Comment

• Theater prices are what is scaring me off.... lol
                    GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

I'm saying that there are millions of kids who's parents wouldn't want them to see the movie because of the terrorist scenes and the shooting. I didn't know I was starting a "My favorite movies dick is bigger than your favorite movies dick" battle. My bad.
                      So your now saying 25 million kids were not taken to a pg13 movie because of the parents not wanting their kids to see the content and not because it wasnt offered in 3D? Which is odd because the Dark Knight had the same amount of terrorism and did far better in the box office.

Face it your trying to hard to defend a movie that just wasnt as good as the first two and your BS got called out. So now your throwing insults to deflect away from the subject.

Comment

So your now saying 25 million kids were not taken to a pg13 movie because of the parents not wanting their kids to see the content and not because it wasnt offered in 3D? Which is odd because the Dark Knight had the same amount of terrorism and did far better in the box office.

Face it your trying to hard to defend a movie that just wasnt as good as the first two and your BS got called out. So now your throwing insults to deflect away from the subject.
                        My B.S. got called out? What B.S.? The Dark Knight Rises doesn't appeal to as large of an audience as The Avengers did. BTW I loved The Avengers, however TDKR is a better more mature movie.

Comment

• Ladies and gents......we have ourselves a pissing match.

Comment

• I liked it. The fighting scenes could have been better and batman's voice still makes me laugh but I thought it was good. I felt like more happened in this one than the last one. they tied the series up really good.

Comment

My B.S. got called out? What B.S.? The Dark Knight Rises doesn't appeal to as large of an audience as The Avengers did. BTW I loved The Avengers, however TDKR is a better more mature movie.
                              so now its ok that TDKR is doing less because its a mature movie and not because it wasnt offered in 3d?

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                              Not bad considering unlike the Avengers it didn't have the extra $2/ticket for 3D
                              If you know its a mature movie, then why did you defend it with excuses to why it should be making as much as the avengers.

I'll rephrase your statement so you can see what I'm saying:

'Amazing Spiderman should have done as well as TDKR. Spiderman has the extra $2/ticket for 3D, every parent is comfortable taking their kid to see it, and the Amazing Spiderman didn't have some asshole shoot up a theater during a showing which probably scared a lot of people off.'

Amazing Spiderman has taken in $257,863,937 vs. TDKR's $417,038,000

Comment

so now its ok that TDKR is doing less because its a mature movie and not because it wasnt offered in 3d?

If you know its a mature movie, then why did you defend it with excuses to why it should be making as much as the avengers.

I'll rephrase your statement so you can see what I'm saying:

'Amazing Spiderman should have done as well as TDKR. Spiderman has the extra $2/ticket for 3D, every parent is comfortable taking their kid to see it, and the Amazing Spiderman didn't have some asshole shoot up a theater during a showing which probably scared a lot of people off.'

Amazing Spiderman has taken in $257,863,937 vs. TDKR's $417,038,000
                                The Amazing Spiderman didn't have the hype that TDKR or The Avengers had. Your analogy is so mind-blowingly retarded that I feel dumber while replying to it. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks/thought this. Maybe I should work for Forbes.

With The Avengers redefining the meaning of "blockbuster openings" after racing past all previous records with a jaw-dropping $200 million domestic opening weekend, talk has turned toward the next big contender: The Dark Knight Rises. Everyone is wondering, will Batman step in to set a new opening record in July, [...]

Comment

Working...
                                X