Netflix Original: Bill Nye Saves The Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
    And one side wants to remove regulations and impose different laws that cause health issues, pollute shit, and will cause economic issues down the road. They (coal, oil & gas, republicans) profit immensely from that, and that makes me sick.
    prove it

Comment

• Originally posted by CWO View Post
      from the comments:
      Bill Nye, the bowtie guy, well we've learned about these creeps they parade in front of us as supposed "authority" figures... you should consider them more like brainwashers and deceivers, propagandists for the Luciferians at the top of the world's pyramid "fiat" scheme... the Central Bankster scum. Bill Nye just follows his orders and speaks whatever he's told to speak... even tho we can look back and see it plain as day via these sort of "180 degree turns". All this "transgender" crap is nothing more than application of the Communist manifesto. Go read it and see what the plan is for the family unit. Go look at what these communists did to the Chinese families under the Mao "cultural revolution"... they destroyed families so they could brainwash the youth, brainwash the next generation completely. And they did so quite successfully. That is what is occurring here in America and "the West". And these creepy clowns like Bill Nye the bowtie guy are the tools they use to get the job done..
      This is an opinion of a fear-mongerer. Support your claims with more than editorials...
      2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

It's about money, man. That's it.
        Yep, and it probably doesn't work the other way with the fossil fuel industry right? They're just trying to get shit done, and if regulations came around that might hinder them had "credibility" they'd be like "You know, you're right. We care about people's well being more than money." and they'd drop everything and try and make the world a better place.

So you're right, it's all about money. Who's making the money right now? Companies associated with fossil fuels or clean energy companies?
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

prove it
          Trump trying to fund dirty coal (fortunately, cleaner energy is available):

Originally posted by article
          Experts agree that reversing that trend would be next to impossible without huge subsidies for the industry, as it is changing market factors—more than government policy—that has driven the decline in coal production.
          Donald Trump has promised throughout his campaign to save the U.S. coal industry after years of bankruptcies and dwindling job prospects

Comment

This is an opinion of a fear-mongerer.
            LOL, and your comments aren't? You preach the life of this earth will be greatly reduced "unless we do something about it because the science is settled!11" Support your claims with more than references of theory, pontification and speculation sprinkled with a little bit of smug arrogance.

Comment

This is an opinion of a fear-mongerer. Support your claims with more than editorials...
              I'm not fact-checking a guys opinion. All you post is your opinion along with some articles. What is the difference? Do those articles solidify your opinion? How?

Comment

LOL, and your comments aren't? You preach the life of this earth will be greatly reduced "unless we do something about it because the science is settled!11" Support your claims with more than references of theory, pontification and speculation sprinkled with a little bit of smug arrogance.
                I haven't once said "greatly reduced" nor "science is settled". I've occasionally said there is overwhelming evidence on various topics supported by articles with thousands of scientists agreeing. In fact, I have not made any claim on climate change short of saying "it COULD do something bad" and "why not clean energy?".

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                I'm not fact-checking a guys opinion. All you post is your opinion along with some articles. What is the difference? Do those articles solidify your opinion? How?
                Because they have facts and evidence with peer-reviewed, PhD level discussion which are more supportable than your word or your comment section quotes?

Comment

Your naive if you think humans have had no impact on the planet. We don't have to get into climate change to know that...

Google flaming rivers, Chernobyl, sinking cities, pollution in China blocking the sun, coral reefs dying. Locally, we'd drain every ounce of freshwater in Texas if we didn't get lucky with some rain. Same with California. Just hitting the "easy to observe" ones here.
                  Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                  One man might find it hard to make an impact. Now multiply it by 7 billion, with the number increasing tremendously every day.
                  Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                  And one side wants to remove regulations and impose different laws that cause health issues, pollute shit, and will cause economic issues down the road.
                  Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                  Please tell me more of this 'fear-mongering'. It sounds interesting.

Comment

I haven't once said "greatly reduced" nor "science is settled". I've occasionally said there is overwhelming evidence on various topics supported by articles with thousands of scientists agreeing. In fact, I have not made any claim on climate change short of saying "it COULD do something bad" and "why not clean energy?".

Because they have facts and evidence which are more supportable than your word or your comment section quotes?
                    It's still just your opinion... and MORE fear-mongering. If the evidence you are showing is unproven, does it really matter?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post

Also, you probably shouldn't quote actors if you're trying to make a respectable point.
                      Charlton Heston did considerably more that just acting during his lifetime. He held top secret clearance for a good part of his career and heavily influenced both LBJ and Ronald Reagan. That and he was president of the NRA for quite some time.

Comment

Honest question. What claim am I making exactly?

Comment

It's still just your opinion... and MORE fear-mongering. If the evidence you are showing is unproven, does it really matter?
                          My sub-monica.

Comment

• Originally posted by BP View Post
                            Charlton Heston did considerably more that just acting during his lifetime. He held top secret clearance for a good part of his career and heavily influenced both LBJ and Ronald Reagan. That and he was president of the NRA for quite some time.
                            So he was a gun lobbyist and an actor. Probably still not the first guy I'd go to about mankind's influence on the planet.

(I have nothing against guns by the way.)
                            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                              So he was a gun lobbyist and an actor. Probably still not the first guy I'd go to about mankind's influence on the planet.

(I have nothing against guns by the way.)
                              Ronald Reagan.

Comment

Honest question. What claim am I making exactly?
                                You claim climate change is false, that humans are not affecting the Earth, and that Bill Nye and scientists have an agenda to earn wads of cash by claiming climate change is real.

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                                It's not unproven by the vast majority of scientists, just the one you choose to believe. I'm going with the 97% majority, and my own understanding of science. Citations earlier in the thread.
                                Last edited by mschmoyer; 05-04-2017, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X