Netflix Original: Bill Nye Saves The Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
    I think a lot of people, even some scientists, are open to the concept of devine motivation for the Big Bang. It's the talking snake/magic apple type of stuff that's tough to handle.
    The serpent/apple stuff is simply where mankind took it upon himself/herself to define what is good and what is evil, and has been living with the consequences ever since.

Comment

• ^^^ you're about to walk yourself in to a trap.
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
        even if there is a god, the narrative you believe is made up, for fact.
        Because Bill Nye said so. What are you doing to help save the planet other than driving that clapped out pile of coupe around and emitting oral methane gasses?

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        I think a lot of people, even some scientists, are open to the concept of devine motivation for the Big Bang. It's the talking snake/magic apple type of stuff that's tough to handle.
        So God just half assed us into being?
        Last edited by SS Junk; 05-05-2017, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
          The serpent/apple stuff is simply where mankind took it upon himself/herself to define what is good and what is evil, and has been living with the consequences ever since.
          Perfectly fine as a religious belief. But has no bearing on scientific discovery. Can't make any predictions that lead to new discoveries.
          2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
            Fascinating. You have zero idea how life was created, yet you know for sure there is no God who took part in it because...?
            I didn't say there isn't a some sort of god. The belief that mankind could even begin to comprehend or understand an omniscient being is laughable. So religion defining god is ridiculous.
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• i'll be riding the MS150 tomorrow morning 7am (86 miles) and sunday 7am (67 miles). It aint much but im doing what I can. I regularly walk or ride my bike places, not necessarily because i am worried about the green house gases, but I do consciously think about my carbon footprint while doing so. not to mention driving around a 4 door 4x4 to go 2 miles up the street isnt exactly the most desirable deal.

MS150 has raised over 1.6million dollars for research this year alone, and that research goes to those degenerative diseases you were referring to early and helping to find a cure.

As far as Bill Nye, this thread wasn't even supposed to get any replies, Netflix released a new series this past weekend, i saw something on FB about it, and took a couple of hours to try to learn something. you should try that!

and as far as the bible, tell me again how that white dude in the middle east created everything.
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

But something happening out of nothing to create something is settled science.
                Only you believe that because you simply won't read it. You already said you don't care enough to research the issue. Seems like you can't argue any point if your simply going to be ignorant of any data.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                  Perfectly fine as a religious belief. But has no bearing on scientific discovery. Can't make any predictions that lead to new discoveries.
                  What are you doing to make a difference?
                  Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                  I didn't say there isn't a some sort of god. The belief that mankind could even begin to comprehend or understand an omniscient being is laughable. So religion defining god is ridiculous.
                  There is only one God. I think religion is ridiculous as well. God did not create religion. The reason why there are so many is because of the different belief systems everyone has from their interpretation of the Bible in thinking theirs is right, when the Bible clearly states all that is needed is a personal relationship with Christ.
                  Originally posted by naynay View Post
                  and as far as the bible, tell me again how that white dude in the middle east created everything.
                  Wasn't him. It was his dad, God the Father.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                    Believe it or not, I had a lot more typed out (there are three posts inbound, I was on a plane again), but then thought better of it. Here are a few thoughts.
                    I don't actually disagree with you and applaud your posts on here. Regardless of the data, if everyone posting herewas as well researched as you, I think we'd be having a much different discussion. We can't get to the finer details though because people don't believe fundamental science.

Too much for me to respond to right now, but I'll try to respond later. That to say, I don't disagree with everything you posted.

Comment

There is only one God. I think religion is ridiculous as well. God did not create religion. The reason why there are so many is because of the different belief systems everyone has from their interpretation of the Bible in thinking theirs is right, when the Bible clearly states all that is needed is a personal relationship with Christ.

As soon as the price is reasonable, buying a Tesla. Energy efficient house. Rain barrels. Solar panels in a few years when the price comes down. Green energy option for electric. VOTING for scientifically literal representatives. And most obvious, sharing the gospel in public car forums .

Comment

So God just half assed us into being?
                        I gotta say, that's a really weird way to interpret what I said.

Comment

• But for now you'll keep driving the vette which emits far more CO2 than the average four banger and preach about how we aren't doing enough. How very Al Gore/DeCaprio of you... You are doing jack squat right now and have all these hopes and dreams for the future? LOL...

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                          I gotta say, that's a really weird way to interpret what I said.
                          I don't see it as being weird at all. It would seem logical if the intervention were "divine" we would have started off more sophisticated than a tad pole or monkey or neanderthal?

Comment

• THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

You're aware that there were religions before the bible, right.

If there is a God he certainly doesn't deserve our praise.

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
                                i'll be riding the MS150 tomorrow morning 7am (86 miles) and sunday 7am (67 miles). It aint much but im doing what I can. I regularly walk or ride my bike places, not necessarily because i am worried about the green house gases, but I do consciously think about my carbon footprint while doing so. not to mention driving around a 4 door 4x4 to go 2 miles up the street isnt exactly the most desirable deal.

MS150 has raised over 1.6million dollars for research this year alone, and that research goes to those degenerative diseases you were referring to early and helping to find a cure.

As far as Bill Nye, this thread wasn't even supposed to get any replies, Netflix released a new series this past weekend, i saw something on FB about it, and took a couple of hours to try to learn something. you should try that!

You going to Houston for the ride?

Comment

Working...
                                X