Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
    thats the guy you wanna identify with?
    Compared to you, he is an absolute genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine
      Originally posted by naynay View Post
      Yep, and going to fuck up our relationships with Europe and China.
      What gets [more] fucked up with China when the US decides that we'll do it our own way? China emits double the amount of CO2 that the US does. What's going to change? What does a 2x "offender" lose by us not playing along?
      No answer.

Originally posted by Strychnine
      China becomes the leader of solar energy, and germany becomes the leader in electric vehicles. but we are gonna bring back jobs for the coal workers!
      But how does China becoming a solar leader hurt our relationship?
      How does Germany becoming a leader in EV hurt our relationship? Sure those things might happen... and it would be cool if they did. But you made a very clear statement:

Originally posted by naynay
      Yep, and going to fuck up our relationships with Europe and China.
      So, what changes tomorrow?
      No answer.

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      Originally posted by mschmoyer
      Tell me this then, how did this move HELP our relationships? Because it did one or the other...
      We never ratified Kyoto. Did our relationships with those countries fall apart? Did we lose influence?
      No answer.

Leave the emotion out of it, and address the concerns. In the past, or in the future, when the US continues to allow the free market to drive clean energy innovation – without government force - , how are we going to fail on the international stage?

Originally posted by mschmoyer
      We'll simply start falling behind in research, education, discoveries, space, etc. Step 1: say you don't care. Step 2: everyone starts acting it out.
      This isn’t the first time we bucked against an international “climate agreement” so what are some examples of how we fell behind in research, education, discoveries, space, etc after we voted to not ratify the Kyoto Protocol?

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
      It's a good thing we have other innovators who will reduce the cost through new technology, production techniques, and other methods (like reusing rockets can do for space). It may not be ready today, but someday it will.
      All of those things continued after 2001. SpaceX, Solar City, etc, etc, etc and

Almost half of the biggest U.S. companies have established clean-energy targets for themselves, according to a report Tuesday from sustainable investors and environmental groups including the World Wildlife Fund.

It’s not just the biggest U.S. companies -- 44 percent of the smallest 100 members of the Fortune 500 have also set goals,

Help me understand our impending backslide, since 2pm this afternoon when Trump made this announcement.

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
      Companies selling solar panels, electric cars, and other clean energy just got a crap ton of uncertainty put on their futures. That's what puts us behind.
      A company's uncertainly is based on its financial reports. If a company's sustainability is reliant on a toothless international accord mandating their existence then are the world governments really the problem?

and really thats the bottom line. the only one still arguing a point is the guy with his entire life sank into the oil industry, so it makes sense that he would stand for this.
      Who are you talking about here?

Comment

• i cant keep on 10 pages later. this topic has shifted so many times.

as i said, trump doesnt give a flying fuck about anything you are talking about.

this is a 70 year old 8 year old who would rather sit in his room alone playing on his phone, than to be an actual world leader. respect is earned, not given.

this is your president with other world leaders, how long til he pulls out of nato?
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
          So why quit instead of negotiate it for the better? (A. because Trump is incapable of talking Scientific issues and B. He doesn't care)
          They were, Tillerson was negotiating to stay in it.

Bottom line it was a bad deal that should have never been signed. Unless there is accountability and equal participation (economical and environmental) then it is not worth signing. Everyone is getting all emotional since it is a deal about the "environment", take emotions out of it and actually read the deal.

You do realize the US has already given over $1 billion to the pact...for what? The plan was for everyone to raise $100 billion by 2020 to help save the environment...BS.

If you haven't noticed Strychnine is a pretty smart dude, especially about energy. You may want to at least listen to him about that part

Comment

• We do realize that. He's made a living off of non renewable energy in the oil industry, thus him being a fan of distancing ourselves from clean renewable energy. Y
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• At par with everything other argument, pointless and trying to deflect the conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
                At par with everything other argument, pointless and trying to deflect the conversation.
                Do what now?
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Comment

• I am returning all of the solar panels I bought because we are not in the Paris Accord.

Also fuck recycling now.

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                      thus him being a fan of distancing ourselves from clean renewable energy. Y
                      I don't know the difference, so would this fall under #fakenews or #alternativefacts ?

Comment

• Matt, if I may, it seems like you are leaving the trump factor out of the equation. He did this based on tillerson's advice. Tillerson's who has amassed hundreds of millions from oil.

Progressive thinkers are thinking about the long run.

We all know nothing is going to change tomorrow, but once you have a kid, it's worth a little more to invest in their future. If I didn't. Know your ties to the oil industry, but now it just seems that you and the vette guy are grandstanding on two opposite ends of the spectrum, in a post that really had nothing to do with either. Luckily we got God out of the equation.... Well except that politician that recently said we don't need to worry about climate change cause God will fix it.

Hopefully crazie doesn't ban me for posting in my own thread that has gained the most traction this place has seen in recent months. But it's ok to have differing opinions. Accept that and move past it.
                        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Matt, if I may, it seems like you are leaving the trump factor out of the equation. He did this based on tillerson's advice. Tillerson's who has amassed hundreds of millions from oil.

We all know nothing is going to change tomorrow, but once you have a kid, it's worth a little more to invest in their future. If I didn't. Know your ties to the oil industry, but now it just seems that you and the vette guy are grandstanding on two opposite ends of the spectrum, in a post that really had nothing to do with either. Luckily we got God out of the equation.... Well except that politician that recently said we don't need to worry about climate change cause God will fix it.

Hopefully Craizie doesn't ban me for posting in my own thread that has gained the most traction this place has seen in recent months. But it's ok to have differing opinions. Accept that and move past it.
                          FTFY.

Also, I can't ban you. I was just warning you that there was rabble in the VIP section that you should be banned.... again.

I voted to free the Nay, remember?

Comment

We all know nothing is going to change tomorrow, but once you have a kid, it's worth a little more to invest in their future.
                            LOL at you lecturing anyone especially when you've admitted you aren't doing jack shit. "Think of the chilllllllldren!11"

Comment

Matt, if I may, it seems like you are leaving the trump factor out of the equation. He did this based on tillerson's advice. Tillerson's who has amassed hundreds of millions from oil.

Hopefully crazie doesn't ban me for posting in my own thread that has gained the most traction this place has seen in recent months. But it's ok to have differing opinions. Accept that and move past it.
                              There's nothing wrong whatsoever with what Matt said. Mschmoyer (for whatever reason) glosses over the reality that, without massive government funding, "green" energy would have never happened.

My concern isn't whether green energy will have a real future (it should) or whether old-school hydrocarbon oil is here to stay due to financial logic. My concern is simple: everyone wants the government to stay out of energy. It makes sense. However, when you pin your tail on the donkey that's available only because the government is throwing enough money at it to make sense... Suddenly we're back at square one. Big Gov has their hand up the oil industries ass. If we let the government fund "green" energy guess what? We're right back where we started just with a prettier name.

I think what trump has done is genius. If we force companies to self-subsidize, it can limit government involvement and assist with decreasing their influence. I could go way deeper into this but as long as taxpayers foot the bill, Trump is right.
                              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                              dont downshift!!
                              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• I would love it if we would stop subsidizing coal. Stopping that on a dime in the US and Australia would probably lead to a 30% drop in overall air pollution globally.
                                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                                X