No announcement yet.

Captain America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just saw it and I thought it was pretty good, I enjoyed it.

Comment

I'm surprised I didn't post up when I saw it in the theater, but I bought the blu ray and loved it just as much the second time.

I'm not sure I'm going to rate this higher than the Iron Man movies, but it's right up there, just great for different reasons.

If you didn't at least like this movie, you're probably no damn fun.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
        I'm surprised I didn't post up when I saw it in the theater, but I bought the blu ray and loved it just as much the second time.

I'm not sure I'm going to rate this higher than the Iron Man movies, but it's right up there, just great for different reasons.

If you didn't at least like this movie, you're probably no damn fun.
        You thought the second Iron Man movie was great? I thought it was OK, didn't really like Rourke's character or performance, not sure which. It was entertaining, though.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
          You thought the second Iron Man movie was great? I thought it was OK, didn't really like Rourke's character or performance, not sure which. It was entertaining, though.
          The first Iron Man was definitely a lot better than the second. The second one just bored me and the last fight was pretty weak.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
            Hard to say. I think the two movies together set the bar for comic book movies. Marvel movies, anyway. I liked the first IM more than the second, but I enjoyed the second a lot too. Rourke worked for me, but he was best when he was playing against Sam Rockwell. It was more about advancing the story after the press conference at the end of the first movie for me. They hit on a lot of the high and low points of IM history.

I can't complain about any of the recent Avengers character movies. (That list excludes the Ang Lee Hulk)

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
            The first Iron Man was definitely a lot better than the second. The second one just bored me and the last fight was pretty weak.
            Say what you will about the quality of 2 when compared to 1, but I can't imagine being bored watching it. That, and the fight at the end was better than the end of 1 with War Monger. I'm looking forward to Avengers because I'm tired of Iron Man facing off against what is, in both cases, different takes on his suit.

Comment

Hard to say. I think the two movies together set the bar for comic book movies. Marvel movies, anyway. I liked the first IM more than the second, but I enjoyed the second a lot too. Rourke worked for me, but he was best when he was playing against Sam Rockwell. It was more about advancing the story after the press conference at the end of the first movie for me. They hit on a lot of the high and low points of IM history.

I can't complain about any of the recent Avengers character movies. (That list excludes the Ang Lee Hulk)

Say what you will about the quality of 2 when compared to 1, but I can't imagine being bored watching it. That, and the fight at the end was better than the end of 1 with War Monger. I'm looking forward to Avengers because I'm tired of Iron Man facing off against what is, in both cases, different takes on his suit.
              I kinda thought that Batman Begins was the film that set the bar for comic book movies.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                I kinda thought that Batman Begins was the film that set the bar for comic book movies.
                I already qualified that statement with the more specific "Marvel movies, anyway" wording.

So I'm wondering what your point is.

Comment

I already qualified that statement with the more specific "Marvel movies, anyway" wording.

So I'm wondering what your point is.
                  Sorry. I forgot that you specified marvel. My bad.

Comment

Good flick in Blu 2D. VQ was little on the soft side, but with good contrast and no apparent aliasing. Fairly deep non-crushed blacks. No real noticeable signs of DNR, but I'm sure it was applied for the active CGI. AQ was borderline reference. Some spots had some imaging oddities and lack of authority in certain action based sequences. Good sonic detail and spatial panning. However, there were a few scenes that were tactile and punched you square in the chest with superlative authority.

The movie itself, well in an abridged fashion, I enjoyed the WWII period piece element, just as in Wonder Woman. And the scenes with Howard Stark were interesting and served well to establish his involvement clandestine Military Weapons Tech. And the element which would ultimately lead to fueling Iron Man. And, of course, Stan Lee's obligatory cameo. I also enjoy any movie with Tommy Lee Jones, especially as a gruff Colonel. And I'll just say that Chris Evans has come along way from Not Another Teen Movie. Pretty good popcorn movie and I liked the ending with Nick Fury.

Oh, I feel it's funny how some professional movie critics, and my fellow audiophiles alike, have bemoaned the so-called lackluster HD soundtrack for CA. Kind of interesting, actually. I usually keep my Outlaw LMF-1 Plus calibrated at +3 over the mains, even for movies as intense as Cloverfield or Tron:Legacy. Yet, I had to actually flatten and attenuate those pre/pro settings for this flick. Playback was nowhere near reference on this flick. Had SPL at 119dB at certain points even below 30Hz.

The first lab scene with Red Skull was brutal.

Absolutely nasty soundtrack. I'd imagine lesser systems would be nothing but a steady dose of clipping in certain scenes, at reference levels.

Comment

Working...
                    X