If you had a grand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    Nice USP man, thanks for buying HK. Oh, you want a light? Well you sure can have one, but it has to be this uber expensive one that we helped design because.... fuck you and your picatinny bullshit.
    In all fairness the USP's rail came out before the picatinny standard. Their new shit has picatinny now

Oh and for my answer I'd say HK45

Comment

A 1911 kit from Fusion, as far as the exact model probally the Hunter Tacical Elite in 10mm.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Wow, alot of options. While at the gun show I had the chance to hold the witness elite...yeah it was nice.
        Honestly and I know how this is going to sound....but its not what it looks like...

I have never shot a 1911 (inspired/orig.) style pistol. Revolvers and polymer frames are all I have ever tried. Any local ranges rent guns? How much do they normally run?

Edit: I currently have a .45
        Originally posted by Sean88gt
        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

If you want to buy the ammo, I can let you shoot any of my stuff. Variety is nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
            If you want to buy the ammo, I can let you shoot any of my stuff. Variety is nice.
            The second person to say this...so when is the next g2g?

I can even get some .454.
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
              The second person to say this...so when is the next g2g?

I can even get some .454.
              You might want to opt for some of the lighter weight stuff. That .454 is a little unfriendly for beginners.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                A 1911 kit from Fusion, as far as the exact model probally the Hunter Tacical Elite in 10mm.
                I've heard a lot of negative stuff about Fusion's complete guns. I don't know if you meant you would smith everything else, or have a local smith do the final fitting, but Bob Serva really dropped the ball with that company.

I think I'll stick to buying my STI frames directly from STI.

Comment

.357? I'm guessing you reload. Why not 9x23, and put it in any 1911 you want?
                  I am through with oddball calibers and chasing brass. Or so I keep telling myself.

Comment

Pffft, 9x23 isn't oddball. 9x25 is.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Bassics View Post
                      I am through with oddball calibers and chasing brass. Or so I keep telling myself.
                      I like your sense of humor.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                        lol I feel like a nerd but I had to Google the P30 and that is one sexy beast as well...I like the larger frames for some reason
                        LOL Me too.
                        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I've heard a lot of negative stuff about Fusion's complete guns. I don't know if you meant you would smith everything else, or have a local smith do the final fitting, but Bob Serva really dropped the ball with that company.

I think I'll stick to buying my STI frames directly from STI.
                          Just the frame, slide and barrel then check and fit everything else. I've heard the same about some of their finished products as well.

My problem with STI is when I go to their website I always end up in the 2011 series pistols, which the price can jump pretty fast.
                          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

You might want to opt for some of the lighter weight stuff. That .454 is a little unfriendly for beginners.
                            I like challenges, plus I have been shooting for awhile, just not my guns

Comment

I used a 325gr over a load of unique for about 600fps in my 50yd target load; it was very well behaved (in a big heavy ported pistol) but I think it would still have fairly impressive terminal ballistics.

I noticed that really light bullets had far less percieved recoil than really heavy bullets at similar pressures. One load i tried was 185gr SWC, i never chronoed it but it was very manageable. Guesstimations were over 2000fps, but we really didn't know, it spit copper everywhere (happened to be using .451 bullets).

I think a 454 would be just as manageable in a small platform as a 44mag, assuming some sanity with the load.

Comment

Originally posted by D. Lil View Post
                                What holster do you use and what position? My ultra carry is small but I still find it hard to not print at the 3 or 4 o clock position. And I'm talking when you're wearing just a shirt no jacket or anything
                                I just keep the gun in my briefcase that is with me at all times. When I do carry it on my person though, I use Uncle Mike's Canvas Thingie no. 1564651.
                                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
                                X