If you had a grand...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    I just keep the gun in my briefcase that is with me at all times.
    James Bond???
    Originally posted by Sean88gt
    You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
    Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
    You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

So I know everyone took the time to post up their opinions which I appreciate.

Out of all of the guns I am stuck between a CZ and P30 and Sig226. I know the price range of all three but I am still having a hard time chosing.

I want something in 9mm or .40
      Want accuracy as I am more or less shooting this for fun and I like to see how far I can shoot and remain accurate, I constantly challenge myself.
      I guess seeing as I will probably wait for the Dallas Market Hall show again (late Jan) is there a g2g anytime soon? I am willing to bring ammo or help pay for the ammo I shoot...
      You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
      You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
        So I know everyone took the time to post up their opinions which I appreciate.

Out of all of the guns I am stuck between a CZ and P30 and Sig226. I know the price range of all three but I am still having a hard time chosing.

I want something in 9mm or .40
        Want accuracy as I am more or less shooting this for fun and I like to see how far I can shoot and remain accurate, I constantly challenge myself.
        I guess seeing as I will probably wait for the Dallas Market Hall show again (late Jan) is there a g2g anytime soon? I am willing to bring ammo or help pay for the ammo I shoot...
        i think there was talk of a shooting gtg next month somewhere in this forum. that would be one of the best ways to feel and shoot a huge selection. most everyone is cool with letting a fellow enthusiast shoot, just buy some ammo in the calibers you are interested in.

there is a show in allen this weekend that i plan on going to since it's right around the corner from me.

also i re-upped my membership at the bullet trap in plano. you're more than welcome to join me there. you would just have to pay the discounted guest range fee. you can shoot anything i have which isn't a huge selection but i did just buy the new springfield xdm 5.25 competition in 9mm. it's an excellent gun.

for everything i don't have, bullet trap has for test fire. with my membership it's only $6 to test anything but you would have to buy their ammo for test fires. i know they have the sig p226 in both 9mm and 40. i know they have HK usps and usp compacts. not sure on the hk p30. if you rent that i would split it with you since i would be interested in shooting it. i will agree that it does have a remarkable hand feel.

pesonally what i would do now is to drop into every local gun store around you and just ask to see everything you think you would be interested in.

just by finger banging their guns you should be able to decide what size gun you want. you'll know by simple hand feel what you like but don't forget to think about all the features you want to have. consider safeties, action type (DA/SA, SA, DA), magazine capacities and quantities.

once you narrow your list, then test fire them to see what you like.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          Just the frame, slide and barrel then check and fit everything else. I've heard the same about some of their finished products as well.

My problem with STI is when I go to their website I always end up in the 2011 series pistols, which the price can jump pretty fast.
          Lots of folks shoot STI single stacks. You can get SVI parts too, and SVI stands behind their stuff. Not so much from Fusion. I have no real reason to want a Trojan, but a hard chromed Trojan will probably be my next gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassics View Post
            I used a 325gr over a load of unique for about 600fps in my 50yd target load; it was very well behaved (in a big heavy ported pistol) but I think it would still have fairly impressive terminal ballistics.

I noticed that really light bullets had far less percieved recoil than really heavy bullets at similar pressures. One load i tried was 185gr SWC, i never chronoed it but it was very manageable. Guesstimations were over 2000fps, but we really didn't know, it spit copper everywhere (happened to be using .451 bullets).

I think a 454 would be just as manageable in a small platform as a 44mag, assuming some sanity with the load.
            I've shot multiple .44 magnums, and they are not anywhere near this snappy. You can load up .45 lc within spitting distance of .44 magnum ballistics with a larger variety of bullet weights. Brass is cheaper, so that's always nice.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
              I've shot multiple .44 magnums, and they are not anywhere near this snappy. You can load up .45 lc within spitting distance of .44 magnum ballistics with a larger variety of bullet weights. Brass is cheaper, so that's always nice.
              i shot a 44 magnum this weekend and i deemed it perfectly managable. adam was there when i deemed the 50 AE eagle unmanagable for me.

if the 454 casual is > 50 AE especially with the difference in gun sizes... 44 mag aint got shit on a 454 casual.
              www.hppmotorsports.com
              ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                adam was there when i deemed the 50 AE eagle unmanagable for me.
                What caused you to come to this conclusion?

Comment

44 mag aint got shit on a 454 casual.
                  Moreso out of a short barrelled gun. .44 magnum really likes long barrels. Even 45 LC will thump .44 magnum with big bullets out of much less barrel.

Comment

What caused you to come to this conclusion?
                    the fact that i paid for the test fire and 25 rounds but only fired 7 and had no intent to do that again. I let adam enjoy the rest.

the damn grip is huge and shaped like a fucking rhombus. i'm not a big guy and that was already hard enough to hold. the recoil hurt inside of my wrist, it was like a twisting thing going on there.

gun is just not for me which sucks cause i think it's fucking cool.
                    www.hppmotorsports.com
                    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

the damn grip is huge and shaped like a fucking rhombus. .
                      I molested a couple at the gun show and I do have to say this was my only complaint about them; Never shot one though. You think they would have built ergonomics into the grip design but no.

Comment

I molested a couple at the gun show and I do have to say this was my only complaint about them; Never shot one though. You think they would have built ergonomics into the grip design but no.
                        They're kind of limited because the grip has to contain a magazine that contains a cartridge that's 1.5-1.75" long, and stand up against some pretty stout loads.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                          They're kind of limited because the grip has to contain a magazine that contains a cartridge that's 1.5-1.75" long, and stand up against some pretty stout loads.
                          Yeah, I get it just for 1200.00 I would want something comfortable, personal preference..

Comment

"Comfortable" and "magnum autoloader" don't belong in the same conversation...
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                              "Comfortable" and "magnum autoloader" don't belong in the same conversation...
                              Exactly. Some people have unrealistic expectations. My uncle is swears there 'oughta be' a pocket sized DA or DA/SA .40 or .45. He already has a rohrbaugh R9. I explained that all of the energy of the round beats the little guns to death once you get into 9mm+, and that will very little slide mass it just doesn't work well. (which is why Rohrbaugh recommends that you replace the recoil spring every ~200 rounds, IIRC)

We have this conversation about once a month. I tell him to go buy a Kahr PM40 and accept its limitations, because it really is as small as you can reasonably expect a .40 caliber handgun to be.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                                Exactly. Some people have unrealistic expectations. My uncle is swears there 'oughta be' a pocket sized DA or DA/SA .40 or .45. He already has a rohrbaugh R9. I explained that all of the energy of the round beats the little guns to death once you get into 9mm+, and that will very little slide mass it just doesn't work well. (which is why Rohrbaugh recommends that you replace the recoil spring every ~200 rounds, IIRC)

We have this conversation about once a month. I tell him to go buy a Kahr PM40 and accept its limitations, because it really is as small as you can reasonably expect a .40 caliber handgun to be.
                                Why are those Rohrbaugh's so damn expensive??!!

Comment

Working...
                                X