No announcement yet.

2012 DFWMustangs.net AR-15 lower group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You could place an order for this short barrel the same time you send in paperwork for an sbr and the stamp will be the first to arrive.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
      How's that going? Did you settle on a hand guard that would work with your can or??? I'm in the same position myself. JP Rifles has a hand guard that would work, it has an 1.75 ID. This the HG I'm considering. http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.4_hg_rc.php
      I'm just going to make my own damn handguard, got tired of screwing with custom ones. I'm not a big fan of quad rails, the only time I need a rail is when I'm using an IR illuminator for night vision, and I like it on the side. I'm considering making a custom handguard out of some pre-preg carbon fiber and machine a coupler and slip fit over it. I'm not in any big hurry and it's about time for another project.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        I'm just going to make my own damn handguard, got tired of screwing with custom ones. I'm not a big fan of quad rails, the only time I need a rail is when I'm using an IR illuminator for night vision, and I like it on the side. I'm considering making a custom handguard out of some pre-preg carbon fiber and machine a coupler and slip fit over it. I'm not in any big hurry and it's about time for another project.
        I'd be interested in seeing some build pics of this custom hand guard, sounds cool.

I know what you mean about quad rails, and dang near everybody has one for sale. I don't mind a single rail across the top, but I damn sure don't want the typical quad rail. I'm going for a more streamlined look and quads just add unwanted bulk. I'm deeply considering the JP hand guard I linked. I'm diggin' the round holes.

Comment

I'd be interested in seeing some build pics of this custom hand guard, sounds cool.

I know what you mean about quad rails, and dang near everybody has one for sale. I don't mind a single rail across the top, but I damn sure don't want the typical quad rail. I'm going for a more streamlined look and quads just add unwanted bulk. I'm deeply considering the JP hand guard I linked. I'm diggin' the round holes.
          You won't like how the JP mounts. It uses their proprietary barrel nut and collar and it is a BITCH to get lined up right. I have their 15.5" for my nice target gun but it took a lot of trial and error to get it to where it is now; still not perfect but I am not taking the gun apart, AGAIN.

Samson MFG is what I would look at if I was you. Single rail across the top. Easy to mount to a standard barrrel nut. Easy to install and remove in general. Very solid peice. I have 3 of their tubes and won't buy another brand again.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            You won't like how the JP mounts. It uses their proprietary barrel nut and collar and it is a BITCH to get lined up right. I have their 15.5" for my nice target gun but it took a lot of trial and error to get it to where it is now; still not perfect but I am not taking the gun apart, AGAIN.

Samson MFG is what I would look at if I was you. Single rail across the top. Easy to mount to a standard barrrel nut. Easy to install and remove in general. Very solid peice. I have 3 of their tubes and won't buy another brand again.
            I might go with a Samson in the meantime to get my piston setup working with my handloads until my can comes in so I can tailor the handguard to fit it the way I want.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I've considered Samson, but The suppressor I'm buying is 1.5 diameter and was told that it wouldn't fit under the Samson hand guard.

Comment

I've considered Samson, but The suppressor I'm buying is 1.5 diameter and was told that it wouldn't fit under the Samson hand guard.
                The ID of the Samson Evo is 1.56" I believe.

Comment

The ID of the Samson Evo is 1.56" I believe.
                  Ugh. Sounds like it would start scraping paint. Decisions, decisions.

Comment

Ugh. Sounds like it would start scraping paint. Decisions, decisions.
                    About as big as the ID's get is 1.5", I think you'll find they are all going to be pretty close fitting.

Comment

I might go with a Samson in the meantime to get my piston setup working with my handloads until my can comes in so I can tailor the handguard to fit it the way I want.
                      How soon are you looking to assemble your upper? I'm thinking I might give Samson a try, but it won't be until 5 months from now till I can have the suppressor in my hand. I was thinking that if it didn't fit, I'd sell it to you (discounted of course). This is the hand guard I like. http://www.samson-mfg.com/ar-15_html...ct/Evo-10.html

Comment

How soon are you looking to assemble your upper? I'm thinking I might give Samson a try, but it won't be until 5 months from now till I can have the suppressor in my hand. I was thinking that if it didn't fit, I'd sell it to you (discounted of course). This is the hand guard I like. http://www.samson-mfg.com/ar-15_html...ct/Evo-10.html
                        I couldn't use that one for my setup, I have a pistol length piston setup so I'll need the pistol evo with the top cut out. I do appreciate the offer though. I'm waiting on a barrel, should be here in about 3 weeks so that's when I'll get started.

Comment

I couldn't use that one for my setup, I have a pistol length piston setup so I'll need the pistol evo with the top cut out. I do appreciate the offer though. I'm waiting on a barrel, should be here in about 3 weeks so that's when I'll get started.
                          Im gonna order one Samson and try it anyways. If it don't work, it would give me a reason to build another rifle. Juat thinking here, I wonder if there would be enough material to have it turned down just enough to fit a suppressor inside.

Comment

Im gonna order one Samson and try it anyways. If it don't work, it would give me a reason to build another rifle. Juat thinking here, I wonder if there would be enough material to have it turned down just enough to fit a suppressor inside.
                            I can measure the ID of that rail, it is new in the box sitting on my work bench. I know a Gemtech Tundra fits inside one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I can measure the ID of that rail, it is new in the box sitting on my work bench. I know a Gemtech Tundra fits inside one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                              Yeah, if you don't mind, I'd appreciate it, no rush though. Got a question for ya, you and TFP assembled an upper using an OPS4 reciever, did y'all have to use some special reciever block or clamp?

Comment

• The Lower Parts Kits have arrived. I'm working on adding more scheduling slots as we speak.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X