AR15 build....what next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AR15 build....what next?

So with the group buy having an expected delivery of mid summer, what would be the next best part to buy? I'm thinking upper but I don't really know what to look for in parts etc.

Should I buy a complete upper? Is a longer barrel better than a shorter barrel? I tried to do some studying up on AR15.com but all I see is twist ratios, barrel lengths, blah, blah, blah...it's all greek to me. I even looked on Palmetto's site and saw a BUNCH of different parts...I was lost.

Or should I just buy the furniture and the BCG? I like to be able to bolt something up to the lower once it gets here.

My goal is to just have a great (somewhat tacticool) looking/functional gun. I plan to add a red dot sight to it later. It's mainly to have a little fun with and in case there's a zombie revolution...not necessarily looking to shoot something 1000 yards away. TIA

[Soap/] Needs moar lights, lazers and tv remotes.[/Soap]
    Ded

Comment

Here is a link for a cheap stock

The one thing to note with that upper, if you don't plan to pick up a red dot right away, you will need some sights.
      Last edited by black2002ls; 04-11-2012, 02:12 PM.
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

For as cheap as you can get complete uppers, you mine as well buy one, unless you're wanting a less common caliber.

Find a used BCG & charging handle and you can have a complete upper for about $350.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Can an angled fore grip be mounted to these handguards? Or do I need a handgaurd with rails?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
            Can an angled fore grip be mounted to these handguards? Or do I need a handgaurd with rails?
            They'll mount to the MOE hand guards.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
            Originally posted by Denny
            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

My vote is for an A4 build-

Every swinging dick out there has a tacticool carbine with a 16 inch barrel and cheap magpul furniture. Dare to be different and do up a 20 inch barreled gun so you get the longer sight radius, higher bullet velocity, etc.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                http://www.surplusammo.com/surplus-a...iver-5-56-1-9/

^ that and then all you will need is a stock if you don't have on
                After the shit they pulled with the GB why would anyone in their right mind buy shit from them????

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                  After the shit they pulled with the GB why would anyone in their right mind buy shit from them????
                  +1

It can be almost free, with free shipping and I would not waste the time to order from these guys.

Comment

Complete upper prices are increasing so I would pick one of those up pretty soon

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                      My vote is for an A4 build-

Every swinging dick out there has a tacticool carbine with a 16 inch barrel and cheap magpul furniture. Dare to be different and do up a 20 inch barreled gun so you get the longer sight radius, higher bullet velocity, etc.
                      Do want!
                      First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                        [Soap/] Needs moar lights, lazers and tv remotes.[/Soap]
                        LMFAO, good one
                        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                          LMFAO, good one
                          Just joshing ya, brohamsammich, I play COD also.
                          Ded

Comment

anytime, my 360 tag is MY CATTEL 'not cattle'
                            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                              I wasn't aware of all of that when I posted that link! I just read through all of the BS. They will not get any more of my business either.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X