Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    My vote is for an A4 build-

Every swinging dick out there has a tacticool carbine with a 16 inch barrel and cheap magpul furniture. Dare to be different and do up a 20 inch barreled gun so you get the longer sight radius, higher bullet velocity, etc.
    Needs carrying handle and standard hand guards to be right in my book.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
      Needs carrying handle and standard hand guards to be right in my book.
      I dig A2s and A3s as well, but If I were to build a 20 inch gun it would be an A4.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I dig A2s and A3s as well, but If I were to build a 20 inch gun it would be an A4.
        With a Jesus ACOG.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          With a Jesus ACOG.
          Yeah, $2300. Nice piece though.

Comment

That rifle just looks odd to me. Like a bastard child on Maury, mom don't know who baby-daddy is.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
              That rifle just looks odd to me. Like a bastard child on Maury, mom don't know who baby-daddy is.
              Looks like what I use on BF3.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

The Marine Rifleman's rifle of choice. A lot of Talib have been sent to hell with that exact set up.

Comment

Its just an m16a4. It is the standard issue rifle of the United States Marine Corps and some army units.

In short, the A2 had a fixed carry handle, the A3 had a removable carry handle, and the A4 retains the removable carry handle but also adds a knights armament quad rail.

I like the 20 inch rifles better than the shorter versions.
                  Originally posted by lincolnboy
                  After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

The Marine Rifleman's rifle of choice. A lot of Talib have been sent to hell with that exact set up.
                    Every Marine is a rifleman first.
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                      Every Marine is a rifleman first.
                      I did not know that.

Platoon 1036, December 24th, 1994

Comment

I did not know that.

Platoon 1036, December 24th, 1994
                        Couldn't remember if you'd been in the Army or Marines. I'm also trying to remember, is it 500 yards that you qualify with open sights, or 300? My memory wants to say 500.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                          Couldn't remember if you'd been in the Army or Marines. I'm also trying to remember, is it 500 yards that you qualify with open sights, or 300? My memory wants to say 500.
                          Marines from MCRD San Diego qualify at 500yrds. Marines from MCRD Paris Island qualify at 500m. Yes, open sights.

Comment

would I come out cheaper piecing together the upper? It would lead to alot more "how to" questions but that would be easier to work with my budget since I get paid monthly and have other priorities.

I'm thinking of just going with someone like Spikes Tactical or Palmetto and just buying the rest of the parts from one source a little at a time.

Spikes shows to have 1 upper that has no forward assist...but I don't know what that means.

My vote is for an A4 build-

[IMG]Every swinging dick out there has a tacticool carbine with a 16 inch barrel and cheap magpul furniture. Dare to be different and do up a 20 inch barreled gun so you get the longer sight radius, higher bullet velocity, etc.
                            I could probably go with the longer barrel, but if that equates to more $$, then the 16" will serve its purpose. But that stock has to go...

Comment

Marines from MCRD San Diego qualify at 500yrds. Marines from MCRD Paris Island qualify at 500m. Yes, open sights.
                              Army does 300 yard pop-ups...at least they used to. (Not that you were saying anything remotely close to what I'm mentioning - just bringing it up)

As I understand it from a friend still enlisted - they've shaken up the Army's qualification range due to all the CQB stuff but I know nothing about it.

I'm not going to lie, it was doable to hit 300 yards with open sights, but not easy. I don't know how many times I fired just as it was going down (I never knew if that shot would count - since it hit it but a little late), had to be quick to get Ivan.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                                I could probably go with the longer barrel, but if that equates to more $$, then the 16" will serve its purpose. But that stock has to go...
                                In my opinion the stock is what makes it. I often thought about removing the adjustable from my 18" bull barrel rifle and going with that style stock. Just a completely different feel to me.

I'm not sure if you have, but if you have not shot an AR/whatever with that stock and have the chance - give it a go. I miss it.

Comment

Working...
                                X