Reloading Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    it's an investment, how much does 4300 rounds cost you, including shipping?

Currently I can load 4300 rounds for $548.00, where does that put you?
    Thats about right. Its about double to buy at 20 count boxes of cheap 223 ammo

My main loading calibers will be 223, 22-250 and 9mm. Maybe a little 357. I don't shoot the 270 or the 30.30 enough to worry much about mass quantities. Maybe better loads though.
    Photobucket

Comment

BlackSnake you'll be somewhat better off piecing a kit together than buying the one you're looking at. The press is pretty simple and all makers are nice and will do some of main things is a good caliper, case trimmer, chamfer and deburr tool, and scale. One thing I highly recommend is the RCBS universal priming tool not sure what I did without one. The scale can vary I've heard a lot of good things about Hornady's auto powder despenser like the RCBS unit but $100 or so cheaper. Get a book or two preferably especially one for the type of bullets you think you will use. Dies can vary depending on what you want I've always used RCBS or Redding both are good but Redding is a better quality product.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Here are some 100 yards reloading results for my ar when i first started.

Its worth it for this. I tried a bunch of different ammo, and it would never group worth a flip. Non free float. It actually liked wolf 55gr hp the best out of everything haha.

all 5 shot groups.

and reloading results.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
          BlackSnake you'll be somewhat better off piecing a kit together than buying the one you're looking at. The press is pretty simple and all makers are nice and will do some of main things is a good caliper, case trimmer, chamfer and deburr tool, and scale. One thing I highly recommend is the RCBS universal priming tool not sure what I did without one. The scale can vary I've heard a lot of good things about Hornady's auto powder despenser like the RCBS unit but $100 or so cheaper. Get a book or two preferably especially one for the type of bullets you think you will use. Dies can vary depending on what you want I've always used RCBS or Redding both are good but Redding is a better quality product.
          Really? I would have thought that buying the package would be cheaper. But I really havent a clue. I use to reload my dads 30.06 40 years ago. That was the last of my experance.

Looking at one package now on tx hunting. Waiting on answer in pm.

Let me know if you see something I could get good use out of.
          Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
            Here are some 100 yards reloading results for my ar when i first started.

Its worth it for this. I tried a bunch of different ammo, and it would never group worth a flip. Non free float. It actually liked wolf 55gr hp the best out of everything haha.

all 5 shot groups.
            Really nice. My 22-250 groups best at 200 with rem 55gr. lol
            Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
              Looking at one package now on tx hunting. Waiting on answer in pm..
              If you want to pm me a link to the add I can look and see how much of a deal it is or if you will need anything else, I hate going through adds over there stuff gets pilled up like crazy.

Comment

Wayne, how much are you looking at spending. I wouldn't overlook anything Dillon, Dillon's warranty can't be beat.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                Originally posted by Denny
                What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                  Wayne, how much are you looking at spending. I wouldn't overlook anything Dillon, Dillon's warranty can't be beat.
                  4 or 5 would be ideal, but its looking more like 1k or better. Realistically, I would like to think I could get a good used kit for about 4/5 hundred
                  Photobucket

Comment

The Dillon 550B would be a great starting press for you, I know because I've used CJ's before.

Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

The dillon won't be very friendly with rifle rounds.

Comment

everone wants a dillon, but there is nothing wrong with a lee single stage. The good one not the cheaper version.

I'd get either the hornady single stage kit or the rcbs and build off of it.

Comment

everone wants a dillon, but there is nothing wrong with a lee single stage. The good one not the cheaper version.

I'd get either the hornady single stage kit or the rcbs and build off of it.
                          Very true. I'd avoid an auto-indexer for my first press. It may seem obvious, but its too easy to have one of the stations get messed up and then get crossed up trying to fix the issue and a higher chance of double-charging a round or something.

The single stage press is great (or even a turret) for long rifle rounds or low quantity. But if you're trying to save the max amount of money on plinking, you're probably gonna want to crank out a bunch of rounds on the cheap. A progressive like the 550B is ideal for that.

Comment

I've got the lee classic turret and it works, but it has some slop with the turret tollerences. The powder dispenser works, but is very limited.

Id buy something else if i had to do it all again.

Starting on a progressive is a bit much, but any real man with some know how can figure it out. You just have to really pay attention.

Most average shooters out there dont need a progressive press, but they fall for the cool aid.

This is how it works wayne. The more money you spend the faster the process goes. The cheaper stuff gets the same results as far as the presses go.

Spend the money on a good scale, and powder dispenser.

This is where you will see the results.

Comment

I've got the lee classic turret and it works, but it has some slop with the turret tollerences. The powder dispenser works, but is very limited.

Id buy something else if i had to do it all again.

Starting on a progressive is a bit much, but any real man with some know how can figure it out. You just have to really pay attention.

Most average shooters out there dont need a progressive press, but they fall for the cool aid.

This is how it works wayne. The more money you spend the faster the process goes. The cheaper stuff gets the same results as far as the presses go.

Spend the money on a good scale, and powder dispenser.

This is where you will see the results.
                              I appreciate that. I don't just shoot a crap load anyways, so production isn't a concern at this time for me. I don't mind plinking once in a while, but hunting is my passion. I do however want to get the wife shooting more, but I can still reload plenty on a single. I'm certainly not afraid of a 4 stage, but I don't see the use for it at the moment. Just a beneficial hobby with cheaper, better rounds.
                              Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                              X