CCW Seecamp .380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCW Seecamp .380

Has anyone here had experience with a Seecamp .380 or the .32?
    I have heard they are fine guns and this is what the modern line of small "pocket" pistols copied. Very dependable from what I have heard. Recoil etc...
    It seems that there are no sights on the gun at all.

R

My dad has one that he bought in the 90s and has carried forever in his briefcase. He says "the only thing this gun is good for is getting somebody off of you".

I have never shot it, but I have handled it and it feels solid as a rock and is pretty damn good looking. I think he took it to the range one time, but said that it was such a bitch to clean that he is hesitant to do it again.

It is not his primary carry piece, it just rides at the bottom of his bag (I guess in case he runs out of ammo in his 9mm). It is also worth noting that the instructions say to only shoot Winchester silver-tip hollow points, never FMJ rounds. This may have changed since the 90s though.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

I think you are right, the silver tip is the recommended ammo. It will be just a pocket gun or ankle strap on. Now that I have my CHL I will carry in public for the first time LEGAL. I used to hate leaving my gun in my car. Now I don't have to.
      I have many handguns, now I have to get comfortable with one. I have a Ruger SP-101, but it is a bit heavy. I do have a Glock 19 that I am thinking about carrying. I might buy a lightweight .38 or .357. I know it is a personal choice, but what do you guys carry?
      One particular gun or do you change with the clothes that you wear or the "event" that you are going to?
      I have a cheapie S&W STIGMA 9mm that I would not cry about if dropped or damaged in daily use. It is a Glock knock-off and very dependable.

Oh so many choices ----- time to go gun shopping-------!

Comment

I have a tcp that I carry most of the time, and a khar that I carry onoccasion. Its so convenient to slip it in my pocket, over a holster.

My next purchase will be a wheel gun.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
          I think you are right, the silver tip is the recommended ammo. It will be just a pocket gun or ankle strap on. Now that I have my CHL I will carry in public for the first time LEGAL. I used to hate leaving my gun in my car. Now I don't have to.
          I have many handguns, now I have to get comfortable with one. I have a Ruger SP-101, but it is a bit heavy. I do have a Glock 19 that I am thinking about carrying. I might buy a lightweight .38 or .357. I know it is a personal choice, but what do you guys carry?
          One particular gun or do you change with the clothes that you wear or the "event" that you are going to?
          I have a cheapie S&W STIGMA 9mm that I would not cry about if dropped or damaged in daily use. It is a Glock knock-off and very dependable.

Oh so many choices ----- time to go gun shopping-------!
          i rotate between a 1911, xd, and .357 snubby depending on what im wearing.

the 1911 and xd basically interchange. the .357 i normally carry in my boot when i "cowboy up" so to speak
          07 f250-family truckster
          08 Denali -baby hauler
          52 f1-rust bucket
          05 Jeep tj. Buggy
          livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
            I might buy a lightweight .38 or .357. I know it is a personal choice, but what do you guys carry?
            I carry a Smith and Wesson 642 in all situations.

Small, concealable, and reliable with 5 shots of 38+p ready to go. I have yet to find a carry gun I like better that carrys as comfortably.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Glock 26 usually. Sometimes G17.

The one Seacamp I shot choked on everything but FMJ. Not a big deal in .32 or .380 sometimes those have expansion issue tied in with their relatively low velocity when shooting JHP when I had a .380 I carried FMJ in it. Also mag changes on the seacamp were slow as a glacier. Just not easy to do even with practice.

But it's a pocket gun and the first rule in a gunfight is to have a gun. If you'll carry it all the time it's worth carrying.
              2004 Suzuki DL650
              1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

For pocket carry, Ruger LCP or Sig P238.
                IWB, either of the two above, XD40, or P239.

Comment

I carry Ruger LCP for dress clothes purposes and budget. Looking that pictures of the gun requested by the OP - it's seems like another mouse gun. IMHO, they are all fairly similar. I just prefer the flat black of the Ruger's and how they are overall built.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Marss View Post
                    For pocket carry, Ruger LCP or Sig P238.
                    IWB, either of the two above, XD40, or P239.
                    You have good taste. I carry either a Sig P238 .380 in pocket or Sig P239 9mm IWB.

Marcus
                    '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

I love my Bersa 380 CC and it has never failed me. Not once has it ever had an issue, just like the standard Bersa 380 I had before it. My mom has one now also and no issues. Both fire every time with any ammo we put in them.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

x2 on the Bersa .380. I've been to the range many times with JHP and FMJ's and have never had a problem. It can fit in the front pocket of most of my pants easily.

My other CCW is a Kimber Ultra Carry II. It's a little bigger than the Bersa, but smaller than my old Sigma 9mm.

And no offense, but I'd recommend getting rid of that POS Sigma 9mm. I had that same gun and the trigger pull is a joke. I kept having to adjust where I aim on the target in order to compensate for the trigger pull. After researching online about it, I found out that it has like a 10-11# trigger pull. The Kimber, IIRC, has about 4-5#'s. Needless to say, my accuracy and over-all control of the gun improved alot.

Comment

I carry my Colt New Agent .45 IWB or my S&W 642 in my pocket depending on what I'm wearing. Sometimes if I have a jacket on I will carry my Glock 23, which is what I usually have in the car.
                          I bought my wife a Bersa .380 and I've shot it quite a bit. I would agree with the others that it's very reliable and it has a pretty decent trigger and is a good shooter, especially for the price.
                          Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                          Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I kept having to adjust where I aim on the target in order to compensate for the trigger pull. After researching online about it, I found out that it has like a 10-11# trigger pull.
                            Yes I hate that about it. You pull the trigger a little.....adjust aim....then pull it the rest of the way to fire it! I hate that. Besides that it is a very accurate pistol.

Comment

Meh, it went bang when I needed it to and I liked the 16 round capacity but ultimately the trigger pull was a big enough issue for me to get rid of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X