Red x arms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
    Yes as long as you have a lower in a pistol configuration.
    Does the retailer check this or is it just based on your honesty?

The reason I ask is because I talked to a retailer at one of the gun shows that had some short barrel uppers. He made it sound like he would sell the upper and it was up to the buyer to make sure he had the lower registered correctly. IIRC he said that people were using/swapping the short upper as a loophole to registering a SBR lower.

I may have mis-heard/misunderstood. I wasn't all that interested in a short rifle at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
      Does the retailer check this or is it just based on your honesty?

The reason I ask is because I talked to a retailer at one of the gun shows that had some short barrel uppers. He made it sound like he would sell the upper and it was up to the buyer to make sure he had the lower registered correctly. IIRC he said that people were using/swapping the short upper as a loophole to registering a SBR lower.

I may have mis-heard/misunderstood. I wasn't all that interested in a short rifle at the time.
      There is no loophole, you can purchase any length upper you want, it isn't a gun. There are no checks or anything to order an upper, just like short barrels. It's your ass, not theirs.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

It's your ass, not theirs.
        That's what I figured

Comment

The law abiding side of me prevents me from doing things like that.

The common sense side of me gets pissed off over dumb rules like that.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

If you have a lower in a pistol configuration there is no problem having an short upper. I'm getting fed up with CMMG and I think I'm going to cancel my order and go with red-x. For $90 more I get a whole other upper, seems like common sense.

edit: just called cmmg, told me 3 additional weeks before they will start manufacturing it. I guess when they said 4 weeks they really meant 8. cancelled order, switching over to red-x.

I started with a 10.5, found a good deal on a 9.5, then cmmg had less wait time on an 8.5, and now I'm switching to red-x with a 7.5. It's shrinking (don't tell my wife).
            Last edited by CJ; 06-12-2012, 08:58 AM.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

So, anyone receive their upper yet?

Comment

I'm waiting for my answer email, before I order mine.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

So, anyone receive their upper yet?
                  Ups says mine will be here tomorrow.
                  You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

UPS has mine for delivery tomorrow as well!

Comment

If you guys give some good hands on review I'm gonna order one as well.

Comment

I am waiting on yalls review also. If all is good I might be placing an order next week. Post an actual picture if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Toy Cobra View Post
                          I am waiting on yalls review also. If all is good I might be placing an order next week. Post an actual picture if you can.
                          Thirds. Especially if you received a short barrel.

Comment

Seems good so far, but it will be a while before i get to shoot it. I ordered it on Friday and it arrived today and it was exactly as described. I had a bunch of parts i bought while deployed last year just sitting in the safe. So i when ahead a built a gun. The one thing i may change is the gas block, i have a low profile PRI adjustable for it instead.

RedX 300 upper
                            La Rue Lower
                            Nickel Boron coated BCG
                            Timney trigger
                            ect.

You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

well, it looks damn good...I hope it shoots as well!

Comment

damn that upper looks nice. can't wait for you range report,
                                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                                X