Red x arms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
    My upper came in yesterday. It looks great! Out of town right now, I will shoot it next Tuesday. For the money it is a good deal.

Anyone know what the heaviest grain bullet this will handle? Mine is 16" barrel 1/9 twist.

Randy
    Deep into the 60gr's. Some guys say they can stabilize 70+ but I'm skeptical.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Ok, well carbine is out of stock, but they do have mid and rifle, no pistol. Can either of the two they do have be cut?

Comment

Anyone get an sbr upper in?
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
          Deep into the 60gr's. Some guys say they can stabilize 70+ but I'm skeptical.
          CJ, I was unclear. I bought the .300 blackout. I was asking about weight of lead for that. What is the heaviest I can shoot in it.

Oh it has 1/10 twist. I would imagine that it would be sub-sonic at the heavier weights right?

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
            CJ, I was unclear. I bought the .300 blackout. I was asking about weight of lead for that. What is the heaviest I can shoot in it.

Oh it has 1/10 twist. I would imagine that it would be sub-sonic at the heavier weights right?

Randy
            Oh, for .30 cal projectile it changes. A 1/10 twist should theoretically be okay up 150-170 or so. Anything higher grain then that is questionable. Subsonic is the only reason you would want a faster twist than 1/10.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              Oh, for .30 cal projectile it changes. A 1/10 twist should theoretically be okay up 150-170 or so. Anything higher grain then that is questionable. Subsonic is the only reason you would want a faster twist than 1/10.
              His is a 16" barrel. He should be able to go heavier than that.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                His is a 16" barrel. He should be able to go heavier than that.
                My goal is a decent hog gun. I want to go as heavy as possible with the 16" and 1/10 twist in the .300 blackout.

Randy

Comment

For shorter range, I'd stick with something lighter and supersonic as opposed to the 220g stuff.

Comment

成人短视频在线下载,免费成人短视频app为您提供最新、最丰富、最有趣的视频资源库和热门应用。豆奶成人短视频,成人短视频在线观看有海量影视资源、智能家居控制、电视购物、旅游导航、智能社交等多重功能。

I just checked my software, and it looks like the 208 Amax would be borderline with that barrel. If you wanted to use a round nose bullet, you would probably get away with it.
                    Last edited by ThreeFingerPete; 06-18-2012, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                      My goal is a decent hog gun. I want to go as heavy as possible with the 16" and 1/10 twist in the .300 blackout.

Randy
                      You should be able to slay hogs without problems with 140-180 grain ammo.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Anyone put their gun together with one of these uppers and shot it? Wanting to see some reviews before I pull the trigger on one.
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

• Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                          Anyone put their gun together with one of these uppers and shot it? Wanting to see some reviews before I pull the trigger on one.
                          I ordered a 7.5" and should have it this friday. But, I asked for them to send it unassembled because I have to put a piston on it and drill/pin the barrel, so I won't really have a 100% review, as mine will be altered. I know there are a few guys in here that have shot theirs though.

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            I ordered a 7.5" and should have it this friday. But, I asked for them to send it unassembled because I have to put a piston on it and drill/pin the barrel, so I won't really have a 100% review, as mine will be altered. I know there are a few guys in here that have shot theirs though.
                            I tried to order one Monday. The guy took my credit card, said it should be shipped on Saturday and I wouldn't receive a tracking until then.

Card has not been charged, no order confirmation...nothing...

Comment

• Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                              I tried to order one Monday. The guy took my credit card, said it should be shipped on Saturday and I wouldn't receive a tracking until then.

Card has not been charged, no order confirmation...nothing...
                              Apparently they are really behind on shipping. I ordered on wed and they shipped the following Tuesday, but they did ship when they said they would. I did my orders online. They will reply to your email pretty quickly.

Comment

• Post your impressions when you get it CJ, even though yours is a bit different you can still give insight on the quality. I ordered the 7.5" upper assy this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X