Adam Arms piston kit failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
    So far it's been fine, the paint is gone on the key, but it's not showing any damage. I have about 200rds through it so far. I have to laugh at how lazy it ejects brass, it kind of poops it out the side.
    .....and suppressed how does it cycle?
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      .....and suppressed how does it cycle?
      Perfectly fine on the half gas setting. It's a really short barrel for a suppressor so I'm going to switch out the flash hider (which literally does nothing) and put a muzzle brake on it to act as a sacrificial blast baffle. So for now I don't plan on using the can until I get the brake.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Also, I should mention I DID get to chrono it this weekend (10 foot back because of fireball) and i was impressed. The round was loaded w/ 25.0gr of WC844 (a pretty tame load) and it chrono'd around 2300fps. I was expecting 1900 or so.

So:

55gr......3000fps......1,099 ft/lbs
        55gr......2300fps.........646 ft/lbs

So 16" barrel to 7.5" barrel gets you a 41% reduction in energy delivery with a 46% reduction in barrel length. That's not too bad if the numbers are right. I'll wait on the confirmation from my official auditor (Nash B) but I believe that's right.
        Last edited by CJ; 10-15-2012, 10:32 AM.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Auditor? Pfffft, I don't audit anything unless it's glaringly obvious that it's wrong.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Well I guess it is time to put my pistol piston conversion on my .300blk then.

Did you call AA and tell them you had success in both suppressed and standard?

Comment

Well I guess it is time to put my pistol piston conversion on my .300blk then.

Did you call AA and tell them you had success in both suppressed and standard?
              I just let them know that I found the problem. He has the link to the thread if he wants to check up. Overall I'm happy with it so far. Dealing with extractor spring issues. Next I need to mill the bolt for a lightning link.

Comment

I just let them know that I found the problem. He has the link to the thread if he wants to check up. Overall I'm happy with it so far. Dealing with extractor spring issues. Next I need to mill the bolt for a lightning link.
                For real!

Comment

• Well, I finally would say I got it running decent. It really was a pain in the ass to get that AA kit working on a pistol length kit. The problem arose from the more violent ejection due to the shorter gas sample location and pressures. It's very hard on ejectors and ejector springs. I had to replace my ejector and the ejector spring before it started to cycle right. And from what I've found, ejectors don't last very long. I fired about 300 rounds through the 7.5" this weekend and had one double feed.

Comment

Well, I finally would say I got it running decent. It really was a pain in the ass to get that AA kit working on a pistol length kit. The problem arose from the more violent ejection due to the shorter gas sample location and pressures. It's very hard on ejectors and ejector springs. I had to replace my ejector and the ejector spring before it started to cycle right. And from what I've found, ejectors don't last very long. I fired about 300 rounds through the 7.5" this weekend and had one double feed.
                    Good to hear but bad at the same time. Having to keep replacing parts makes it not worth jacking with.

Maybe going to a 11.5" so you can utilize a carbine gas system is the most logical.

Comment

• The concussion is unbelievable. It actually f's up the camera's focus each time I pull the trigger. I thought I'd shoot it mostly with the suppressor on, but it has too much badass factor without one.

Comment

• never mind.

Nice flame

Comment

video is private
                          fixed

Comment

• Blast looks brutal.

Comment

• Here we go again:

Now it's carrier tilt.

Comment

• Dear lord, that thing got pounded to hell!

Check these out:

Also, this:
                                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
                                X