No announcement yet.

Adam Arms piston kit failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking forward to seeing how yours operates. I just got the tracking number for my RedX barrel and upper receiver. If yours works favorably, i'll buy a pistol op-rod for my AA kit.
    IMG_0424

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      If it was at Keith's, it was me at the last gun build with the cannon antics.

Me:

Matt, I couldn't recognize you from that pic...
      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
      86 SVO - Sold
      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

• just curious instead for tiging it up why not plug and re-drill? I ask cuz that's what I'd have done

Comment

• Originally posted by bulldog896 View Post
          just curious instead for tiging it up why not plug and re-drill? I ask cuz that's what I'd have done
          A plug can fail.
          IMG_0424

Comment

• Well guys, take a look at this.

Barrel is 0.040" out of spec, causing a gap which allows the op rod to accelerate into the carrier and smash it up. Spec is .015-0.25" I checked this but must have either measured it wrong, or missed it.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• I thought you checked the gap with feeler gauges.
              IMG_0424

Comment

• Originally posted by GAP View Post
                I thought you checked the gap with feeler gauges.
                I did. Unfortunately I can't measure the old rod again because its destroyed.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• What sucks is now you have to relocate the gas port AND turn that shoulder .04". My barrel should arrive Monday.
                  IMG_0424

Comment

• Originally posted by GAP View Post
                    What sucks is now you have to relocate the gas port AND turn that shoulder .04". My barrel should arrive Monday.
                    Meh, I'd much rather trim the rod than the barrel.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                      Meh, I'd much rather trim the rod than the barrel.
                      Wouldn't you have to extend the rod?

Comment

• Originally posted by phaux View Post
                        Wouldn't you have to extend the rod?
                        Yes, I misread his post. I'm honestly surprised that a +.015" tolerance stack is enough to batter the carrier like that.

I wonder what it'd run like with an appropriately sized gas port.

Comment

• Glad to hear about the good customer service from Adams Arms.
                          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

• red x should just supply a new barrel

Comment

• Originally posted by gat0r View Post
                              red x should just supply a new barrel
                              I don't think CJ wants to wait 1-2months for another batch of barrels to be made which may be wrong too.
                              IMG_0424

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
                                Well guys, take a look at this.

Barrel is 0.040" out of spec, causing a gap which allows the op rod to accelerate into the carrier and smash it up. Spec is .015-0.25" I checked this but must have either measured it wrong, or missed it.
                                Pretty much exactly the theory I had speculated. Not the part I suspected but same result none the less.

Comment

Working...
                                X