Looking for a decent 12 gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jose View Post
    I've been looking at them lately and really like them. What did it run you?

Some also say that it might scare off anyone near by and potentially avoid a confrontation all together.
    Yeah, that's the stupid sort of mindset that is parroted non-stop by every stumpfucker in the world. "Hearing the dadgum slide "rack" will make'em shit their britches and run, boy!"

In the real world, someone standing in front of a door and racking a shotgun could just as easily get shot through the door while they're playing redneck commando as they could scare off a would be criminal.

Ultimately, either the person is there to harm, or not. So the only time that "racking the slide" is going do any good is when they're there to do harm (low percentage), but not there to do enough harm to shoot you through the fucking door, or at least know your hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
      Noice! Hope it's doing well for ya.
      Yup. Got bout 500 thru it so far. The mag extension is working flawlessly . No more jams since dropping the cheap Winchester aluminum cased shells. Everything else has ran great. All I've done was oil it a bit. Once I hit 1000 rounds ill take it down and clean it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
        I've been looking at them lately and really like them. What did it run you?
        Retail is in the high 6's but found at a gun show for $525.
        14 Raptor
        18 GT350

Comment

870, I just don't trust a maverick 88 with my life.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
              870, I just don't trust a maverick 88 with my life.
              Basically a Mossberg 500. Too many great things said to not trust it.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                Basically a Mossberg 500. Too many great things said not to trust it.
                They're shit, plain and simple, and for the record, Mossberg 500's are shit tier, as well.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                  Basically a Mossberg 500. Too many great things said to not trust it.
                  If you look at how an 88 is built and feel safe trusting your life to it, more power too you. The fact that the action bars are connected straight to the cheap plastic on the fore grip instead of having a metal tube is enough for me to spend the extra money on a 870.

Comment

I have a mossberg 12 gauge and it feels like a flimsy pos compared to my 870, it is an older one, but it's definitely not the same quality. That being said I can't recall having any issues with it.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Bingo!! Please explain to me where your gun is if you are looking through the peep hole and racking it. If I'm planning a home invasion it is at that point I kick the door in knocking you on your ass and your shotgun in your teeth. FYI, movies are not real.

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                      Yeah, that's the stupid sort of mindset that is parroted non-stop by every stumpfucker in the world. "Hearing the dadgum slide "rack" will make'em shit their britches and run, boy!"

In the real world, someone standing in front of a door and racking a shotgun could just as easily get shot through the door while they're playing redneck commando as they could scare off a would be criminal.

Ultimately, either the person is there to harm, or not. So the only time that "racking the slide" is going do any good is when they're there to do harm (low percentage), but not there to do enough harm to shoot you through the fucking door, or at least know your hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X