No announcement yet.

The official 2012 deer hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are planting food plots at our place in East Texas this weekend. We got a crossbow that needs to be tested and I think there is a spike or two that need to be out of the gene pool
    "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
    East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
    https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

• Originally posted by Pewter Y2K Z28 View Post
      We are planting food plots at our place in East Texas this weekend. We got a crossbow that needs to be tested and I think there is a spike or two that need to be out of the gene pool
      we planted a few small plots a few weeks ago. I went up there saturday and I also had a bag of that throw and grow stuff.. I've her mixed reviews but I put some out anyway just to see what will happen. from my stand I can see my feeder to the left, real food plot in front of me and my throw and grow stuff to the right

I was just looking through my camera pics and saw that I have a small spike that needs to come out too.

1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
        we planted a few small plots a few weeks ago. I went up there saturday and I also had a bag of that throw and grow stuff.. I've her mixed reviews but I put some out anyway just to see what will happen.
        Post up on your results of the throw and grow stuff. Our Fall/Winter plots are Oats and Winter Peas.
        "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
        East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
        https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

• Originally posted by Pewter Y2K Z28 View Post
          Post up on your results of the throw and grow stuff. Our Fall/Winter plots are Oats and Winter Peas.
          will do

Comment

• If you want throw and grow. Use winter wheat.

All it takes is a little rain and itll start growing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              If you want throw and grow. Use winter wheat.

All it takes is a little rain and itll start growing.
              Can I still put this out or is it too late for this year?

Comment

• Heck no. Throw it out. the deer will eat it until it rains and help plant at the same time haha.

Here is what a small rain does.

Comment

• For us farmers in Kansas the sept 15-25 is the optimum time for us to actually plant wheat fields.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                    For us farmers in Kansas the sept 15-25 is the optimum time for us to actually plant wheat fields.
                    Guy I work for occasionally is planting here this week so not too far off from Kansas.
                    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• We can plant later, but yields suffer.

Comment

• I'm sure, the harvesters usually move from here up your way if they can hit the fields on time.
                        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• Sweet ill do this Wednesday when I go to the lease. Looks like its supposed to rain up there on Friday

Can I go to any feed store and ask for winter wheat? Should I get anything else like winter rye? Crimson clover? Oats?

Comment

• If you went to a coop it would be called hard red winter wheat. It is a rye.

Comment

• The good thing also if it doesnt burn up to bad it will re seed itself haha.

Think fall food sources. If we where smart we would all plant apple, and acorn tree's.

Comment

• Shit trees take too long. I'm an instant gratitude guy haha

Comment

Working...
                                X