Bugout Locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugout Locations

This is a fantasy thread so lets have some fun brainstorming.

Where would you bug out to in the metroplex should the zombies take over tomorrow. You are only prepped for a natural disaster at your house. You have about a week or two of supplies at your house so you must venture out early and move into your new location fast. Can be anywhere but you must tell why you chose it and how you plan to defend.

I will start:
    Sams. Few entrances, can be barricaded from the interior fairly easily with their pallet rack materials and forklifts. The supplies are a dead given. Tools, food, water, medicine to first aid supplies, perishables, parts, camping supplies, materials for IED. The list is endless. They carry generators and have onsite gas and propane. You have welders and tons of metal with the pallet racks and other stuff laying around. Plenty of room inside to bring in vehicles. Usually square so you can defend easily from the roof tops. Tires can become force protection material in lieu of of what you would sand bags for in case you need to defend against others. Lots of space inside so you can bring the people you care about and can trust.

Now you go. Pick a place and defend it. Let's here your ideas.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Out in the sticks.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Out in the sticks, solar/wind power, well and septic.

Fuck being anywhere in a city. What happens when power goes out at sams? What about water?
      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
        Fuck being anywhere in a city. What happens when power goes out at sams? What about water?
        Solar panels?

Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          This is a fantasy thread so lets have some fun brainstorming.

Where would you bug out to in the metroplex should the zombies take over tomorrow. You are only prepped for a natural disaster at your house. You have about a week or two of supplies at your house so you must venture out early and move into your new location fast. Can be anywhere but you must tell why you chose it and how you plan to defend.

I will start:
          Sams. Few entrances, can be barricaded from the interior fairly easily with their pallet rack materials and forklifts. The supplies are a dead given. Tools, food, water, medicine to first aid supplies, perishables, parts, camping supplies, materials for IED. The list is endless. They carry generators and have onsite gas and propane. You have welders and tons of metal with the pallet racks and other stuff laying around. Plenty of room inside to bring in vehicles. Usually square so you can defend easily from the roof tops. Tires can become force protection material in lieu of of what you would sand bags for in case you need to defend against others. Lots of space inside so you can bring the people you care about and can trust.

Now you go. Pick a place and defend it. Let's here your ideas.

Is there a limit to what the metroplex covers? I could answer a couple of ways based on what the mileage limit is any given way. This is your thread, you set the rules.
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
            what the fuck are you going to do with a 50w solar panel?

On top of that, have you ever seen that physically at a sams club?
            "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Comment

Really? Sams carries water, lots of it too. Generators for power and they have fuel too. And yes, they have solar panels. Plus we will have fucking enough board games to entertain ourselves with. All can be found in your local Sams club. Thanks for shopping.

Once the outbreak takes hold and thins the herd I would venture out, but still maintain the Sams.

Point of the bullshit Monday thread was to see how creative people can get with their response. Have fun in the sticks. See how well that worked in Season 2 of Walking Dead. The hoards will find you, they will eat you.

So this is up and running ready right now? The virus is breaking out man, whatcha gonna do?

Is there a limit to what the metroplex covers? I could answer a couple of ways based on what the mileage limit is any given way. This is your thread, you set the rules.
              I am feeling generous and this thread turned to shit in two posts. So I am gonna give you 100mile radius. No need to provide 10 digit MGRS for proof. We will take you on your word.

I would think some would claim a hotel with multiple floors, or something like that too.

Comment

My house.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  1911a1
                  I get it.

Comment

what the fuck are you going to do with a 50w solar panel?

On top of that, have you ever seen that physically at a sams club?
                    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. You can daisy chain solar panels together, use them to charge batteries of higher voltage, or even generators that put out more power.

Yeah I actually have, I've been with my girlfriends dad to pick some up from the location in Waco.

Comment

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. You can daisy chain solar panels together, use them to charge batteries of higher voltage, or even generators that put out more power.

Yeah I actually have, I've been with my girlfriends dad to pick some up from the location in Waco.
                      Fuckin Sams has recliners too. None of this leaning against a tree shit for me. I am kicking back while the world eats itself.

Comment

Cabelas, enough survival equipment and ammo to last a few lifetimes

Comment

I am feeling generous and this thread turned to shit in two posts. So I am gonna give you 100mile radius. No need to provide 10 digit MGRS for proof. We will take you on your word.

I would think some would claim a hotel with multiple floors, or something like that too.
                          Figured I'd ask before I answered. 100 mile radius is a pretty large area and can get you pretty far. The first bugout location that pops up in my head is my girlfriends parents place which is 65 miles southwest of the DFW area. It's 110 acres of private land that's off the beaten path. The property has two natural springs that running through it, it has a creek that feeds a 2.5 acre pond filled with fish. There are deer and hogs on the land fairly often. The entire property is run off of solar panels, food is stocked for months, a garden and two green houses add to the current stock, and there are enough firearms and ammunition out there to fit a small platoon.

Unfortunately we would be screwed if there was any sort of airborne threat.

Comment

So this is up and running ready right now? The virus is breaking out man, whatcha gonna do?
                            If it's not up and running I have the stuff to do it...

So you think the city is better then the sticks? Do you remember the 1st season of the walking dead?

Comment

If it's not up and running I have the stuff to do it...

So you think the city is better then the sticks? Do you remember the 1st season of the walking dead?
                              Point 1

But, I think they could have done a much better job in the city if they would have found a more suitable place to hold up in.

Also, the purpose was to engage the thought process and see what other places in the metroplex would be suitable to ride out the zombie pandemic besides our houses, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X