Bugout Locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
    This is a fantasy thread so lets have some fun brainstorming.

Where would you bug out to in the metroplex should the zombies take over tomorrow. You are only prepped for a natural disaster at your house. You have about a week or two of supplies at your house so you must venture out early and move into your new location fast. Can be anywhere but you must tell why you chose it and how you plan to defend.

I will start:
    Sams. Few entrances, can be barricaded from the interior fairly easily with their pallet rack materials and forklifts. The supplies are a dead given. Tools, food, water, medicine to first aid supplies, perishables, parts, camping supplies, materials for IED. The list is endless. They carry generators and have onsite gas and propane. You have welders and tons of metal with the pallet racks and other stuff laying around. Plenty of room inside to bring in vehicles. Usually square so you can defend easily from the roof tops. Tires can become force protection material in lieu of of what you would sand bags for in case you need to defend against others. Lots of space inside so you can bring the people you care about and can trust.

Now you go. Pick a place and defend it. Let's here your ideas.
    Bad idea IMO. You and about a thousand other people are probably thinking the same thing. Now I would hit up a Sams or Walmart or Costco first and TAKE what I needed but I wouldn't hole up inside of one. It's just to big of a target for other people that are thinking the same thing. My company has a Data Center in an industrial area that is pretty secure that I would try and hole up in. The thing about Sams, Costco, and Walmart is that they are always situated in a highly populated area that would be full of zombies.

My thought is that my Data Center being an industrial area is that it's not populated and so won't have an overwhelming amount of "walkers". Plus the building itself is window less and the limited entrances are very secure. Sure it doesn't have a lot of supplies there but it has a generator backup and actually has a large water supply for some reason. I would rather hole up there and get as many supplies as possible and stock up.

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    Head down to Galveston with about 100 people. Take over a cruise ship in port after it's been stocked. Raise the jolly roger and cruise the high seas for a year drunk and fat.
    That's the best idea I've heard of. Self contained. But than it brings up the point I mentioned above, how many other people have thought of the same thing? Certainly anybody that works with the cruise line or lives in Galveston is probably thinking the same thing. Unless you could take it by force and limit the amount of people on there it's just a zombie infection waiting to happen and than you are stuck in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
      That's the best idea I've heard of. Self contained. But than it brings up the point I mentioned above, how many other people have thought of the same thing? Certainly anybody that works with the cruise line or lives in Galveston is probably thinking the same thing. Unless you could take it by force and limit the amount of people on there it's just a zombie infection waiting to happen and than you are stuck in there.
      Yeah, all valid. That's why I recommended 100 people, well armed. It's going to be a battle for sure. Whoever is the most prepared to do it will get it.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Here is something to think about. What are you guys thoughts on a .22 LR for zombie defense gun? Sure not a lot of range or stopping power but all you are really needing to do is stop brain function right? A couple in the face or back of the head should suffice. .22 LR's are cheap, plentiful, and you could really stock up on ammo for the zombie apocalypse. I would still want to have an AR or similar battle rifle for self defense but for clearing out zombies nearby I think it would be perfect as it's relatively quiet (even without a suppressor) and anyone could fire it without much skill.

Comment

Naval Air Reserve/Lockhead-White Settlement............

Comment

Yeah, all valid. That's why I recommended 100 people, well armed. It's going to be a battle for sure. Whoever is the most prepared to do it will get it.
            True and I agree. The thing is you would have to do it fast and the furious style and get down to Galveston quick and catch the boat before it leaves the dock.

Comment

Here is something to think about. What are you guys thoughts on a .22 LR for zombie defense gun? Sure not a lot of range or stopping power but all you are really needing to do is stop brain function right? A couple in the face or back of the head should suffice. .22 LR's are cheap, plentiful, and you could really stock up on ammo for the zombie apocalypse. I would still want to have an AR or similar battle rifle for self defense but for clearing out zombies nearby I think it would be perfect as it's relatively quiet (even without a suppressor) and anyone could fire it without much skill.
              That would be the perfect weapon IMO. They are super quiet when suppressed and you can easily carry 10,000 rounds
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by robert View Post
                Naval Air Reserve/Lockhead-White Settlement............
                Bad idea. Seems like every zombie movie/TV show the military base always gets overrun.

Comment

Whatever you do, don't go to the CDC...

I would load up on Supplies at Walmart/Sams/Costco (Food, Water, clothing etc.) Cabelas/Bass Pro (Ammo, weapons, clothing, survival supplies). Then head to the sticks where I hunt. Plenty of trees and plenty of fencing to build a perimeter. 2 travel trailers, well, tractor, cargo shipping containers... All the stuff you need to be safe(r) and be able to sustain life for a long time.
                  "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                    That would be the perfect weapon IMO. They are super quiet when suppressed and you can easily carry 10,000 rounds
                    I always think about the last Dawn of the Dead movie where the guy was trapped in the gun store across from the mall, what he could have done to start clearing out the zombies with the ammo stock pile he had. He was already fucked with the horde that was already around him so would it be smarter to start thinning them out knowing the gun fire will attract more? A nice suppressed .22 LR would have fixed that and would make for some nice "plinking"

Comment

I always think about the last Dawn of the Dead movie where the guy was trapped in the gun store across from the mall, what he could have done to start clearing out the zombies with the ammo stock pile he had. He was already fucked with the horde that was already around him so would it be smarter to start thinning them out knowing the gun fire will attract more? A nice suppressed .22 LR would have fixed that and would make for some nice "plinking"
                      Or if he wasn't concerned with the noise cause he could kill them all anyways, black powder and shrapnel bombs. Plink the rest.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Killing zombies with a .22 makes me want to go out and shoot a .22. Think it's time for another 10/22 build of some sort.
                        Originally posted by Jester
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

True and I agree. The thing is you would have to do it fast and the furious style and get down to Galveston quick and catch the boat before it leaves the dock.
                          That would be the primary problem.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                            Killing zombies with a .22 makes me want to go out and shoot a .22. Think it's time for another 10/22 build of some sort.
                            hahaha. i still haven't shot the one i bought from you last year.

Comment

That would be the primary problem.
                              Maybe shoot for a smaller cruise line or a really, really large yaht. I don't like the risk of the ship being infected at some point. That is scary.

I think I am gonna stick to Sams. All yall that think you are coming to stock up. I am sorry but Sams be fucking closed bitches. Unless you have something good to trade. I am not going to stock up I am going to take over. Me and my merry band of banditos.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                                Maybe shoot for a smaller cruise line or a really, really large yaht. I don't like the risk of the ship being infected at some point. That is scary.

I think I am gonna stick to Sams. All yall that think you are coming to stock up. I am sorry but Sams be fucking closed bitches. Unless you have something good to trade. I am not going to stock up I am going to take over. Me and my merry band of banditos.
                                The best way to survive is to not get into conflict to begin with. If you have necessary supplies and preparations you can be the guy that vanishes.

Comment

Working...
                                X