Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brandon01rt View Post
    Got everything ordered. Thanks for your help
    I hope that's 100% correct. You might want to call them just to double check. Like I said, I haven't built one but I've been reading up on building them. If you need any help building it and you're in the area, I think Steve up at Military Gun Supply in Ft. Worth has experience building them.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I might go and see him. I have no intentions of building this without help lol
      03 cobra

Comment

so for each polish ak47 blank i would need
        1 polish tantal ak rivet set?
        1 AK Center Support for 1mm Receiver?
        1 AK Gas Piston Rivet?

plus the parts kits
        Don't forget you'll need 5 US made parts to be 922r compliant. An aftermarket trigger from Tapco has 3 parts in and of itself.

Here is a good thread about building the AK. This guy basically did it with a hammer, BFH, vice, a rivet jig, and punches.
        92 LX 5.0

Comment

Anybody know the particulars about 5.56 AK builds?
          IMG_0424

Comment

Originally posted by bobs94formula View Post
            Don't forget you'll need 5 US made parts to be 922r compliant. An aftermarket trigger from Tapco has 3 parts in and of itself.

Here is a good thread about building the AK. This guy basically did it with a hammer, BFH, vice, a rivet jig, and punches.
            http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...ydraulic-press
            Okay, so the Tapco trigger has 3, the US Barrel is 1, is the receiver blank considered a US part?
            03 cobra

Comment

When you buy an ak47 blank and have it machined to become a functioning reciever, what steps are required to be legal? Is there any paperwork?
              You are allowed to manufacture your own weapon, no FFL required. Do not sell it.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

prolly stick with my ar's. because when the world ends tomorrow and i pull through because i'm such a badass, i bet i will find more .223 and ar's while pillaging through the neighborhood than i will any eastern block specials.

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                  prolly stick with my ar's. because when the world ends tomorrow and i pull through because i'm such a badass, i bet i will find more .223 and ar's while pillaging through the neighborhood than i will any eastern block specials.

god bless.
                  LOL, I am Legend over here

<---thinking about getting in on this AK thing if we do a group build. I just dont want to do it alone
                  Originally posted by Sean88gt
                  You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                  Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                  You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                    LOL, I am Legend over here

<---thinking about getting in on this AK thing if we do a group build. I just dont want to do it alone
                    Well I ordered 2 kits so there's atleast two of us.
                    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                    sigpic

Comment

I ordered 4
                      03 cobra

Comment

I'll be ordering a couple kits on pay day. But I'm a 23 hour drive away so no group build for me

Comment

If a group build happens I will get in on this. I'll buy parts next month. My wife would divorce me if she found out how much I've spent on guns the last 2 months .

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                            If a group build happens I will get in on this. I'll buy parts next month. My wife would divorce me if she found out how much I've spent on guns the last 2 months .
                            same here.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                              my wife is encouraging it. I told her that I feel bad for not having focused more on her this month seeing as it is the season of giving...but she is cool with it and as long as I buy her some clothes that is all she wants....lol

I have spent quite a bit jumping on some of these AR parts, thinking of trying to get rid of a lower to help fund this or waiting until next Friday to order half of the stuff (rivets, receiver, cheap stuff), then waiting another two weeks to order the expensive parts...not real familiar with it all yet
                              Originally posted by Sean88gt
                              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtracer View Post
                                my wife is encouraging it. I told her that I feel bad for not having focused more on her this month seeing as it is the season of giving...but she is cool with it and as long as I buy her some clothes that is all she wants....lol

I have spent quite a bit jumping on some of these AR parts, thinking of trying to get rid of a lower to help fund this or waiting until next Friday to order half of the stuff (rivets, receiver, cheap stuff), then waiting another two weeks to order the expensive parts...not real familiar with it all yet
                                My wife understands why I'm doing it, however I've also spent several grand this month on guns. So, she's pissed. blah blah blah, I don't know why you need 60 guns, etc. etc. other meaningless reasoning.

Comment

Working...
                                X