Trade/Barter thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bassics View Post
    It fed fairly well with just about anything; what i came up with for consistency was a 250gr golden sabre over blue dot, I can't even guess at numbers off the top of my head but they were comparable to a marlin 44mag levergun.

The bolt face is hogged to handle the round, though i do not think that has any inherent problems. The gas porting is modified slightly, not sure how, although it is no a replacement it is the original with mods. The action is as designed in WW2 but venting more gas. Carbines are a simple gas-weight action as you probably know.

The barrel looks to be fairly thin, which from what I read is because legendre was a metalurgist and designed something of adequate strength but maintaining the original outside diameter.

The only issue i ever had was the front barrel shroud popping off. That happens on some 30 cal stuff with an aftermarket shroud that has too short a lip; I would say it shouldn't happen on this with a longer lip, and of course youy can fire it just fine without the shroud, I think many korean war tales include M2s popping the shrouds. In theory it is a weakness in the way the rifle is designed, they are using 19th century designs to strap a barrel using 20th sentury pressures; they didn't have high speed photography or understand the dynamics of barrel deformation in firing.

dude you probably just need to touch it. Kind of like talking about titties, we can describe them all day but nothing like getting them in your paws.

Assuming you have a coonan to trade of course
    lol, I'll take your word for it. I wouldn't let a piece of wood get between me and enjoyment so no worry there. It sounds pretty interesting. I was looking for a lever gun in .44, but hell I already have a shitload of obscure calibers. I'm quickly becoming "that guy" who failed to do planned parenthood with his caliber selections. It went from "I'll get all .45's" to "it's still a .451 bullet" to "I can resize them from .452 to .451 if I have to" to "dies are cheap."

I don't think you'll have any trouble selling it but I would like to see what it looks like.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
      lol, I'm tire kicking, but I feel like I walked onto a used car lot now It sounds like a nice gun, I need to do a little more research but it's piqued my curiosity for sure. A subsonic 400gr definitely makes me interested... That's over 1,000ft/lbs of energy subsonic - or more powerful than a 10mm and quiet.
      I do not know how the chamber is set up, but it definitely headspaces off the mouth, so I don't see a problem with anything in the 350gr range and 400gr should be fine outside of oddball stuff. 450+gr you might get into an OAL issue, but that problem has CJ written all over the solution.

I will be happy to show you all the limitations I can think of, because I really am not wanting to sell, but i have two boys who could care less about this stuff and my dad has way too much crap i've already made him find room in the safes for. Which I will probably inherit and the cycle continues.

If nothing else, I would welcome a CJ review and shoot if you ended by giving a thorough cleaning and lube to the bad boy. haven knows I would let it rust out of lazyness. I make choochoo money so i am entitled to do that but it is a waste.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
        thanks for this btw, I had been looking for a while, I'll order some of these tonight, finish those goddamn AK's finally.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• man we need to set up a shoot then. I have at least enough loaded ammo to play with it and give you an idea of it's potential. At one time 45WM brass was something you ordered from midway 2 years in advance but it has reached a comfort zone with starline.

If we shoot all my stock an I come away knowing its true market value that would work for me.

You might, and I say might, get me to trade for some ugly black rifle thingy. actually a cool ass mini30 is kind of on my "some day" list. Right behind a gibson robot in silverburst.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bassics View Post
            man we need to set up a shoot then. I have at least enough loaded ammo to play with it and give you an idea of it's potential. At one time 45WM brass was something you ordered from midway 2 years in advance but it has reached a comfort zone with starline.

If we shoot all my stock an I come away knowing its true market value that would work for me.

You might, and I say might, get me to trade for some ugly black rifle thingy. actually a cool ass mini30 is kind of on my "some day" list. Right behind a gibson robot in silverburst.
            I don't see too many Mini 30's anymore. I had an opportunity to shoot an automatic stainless Mini 30 a few years ago, it was pretty entertaining. I'd like to see that thing work though, it's such a weird oddball gun.

Comment

• how is the ammo situation for that round?

i don't have a 308, 30x39 or 5.56 caliber anything. I have just thought lately that it would be nice to get one of those. The mini14/30 are kind of like the carbine so I feel at home with them. For a semiauto rifle I would think the these are the three most common chamberings. Maybe not I dunno.

Comment

• The action of the Mini rifles sounds so fucking awesome:

Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Sounds like an angry ak.

Comment

thanks for this btw, I had been looking for a while, I'll order some of these tonight, finish those goddamn AK's finally.
                    No problem, I had just put in an order with them and noticed they had a bit more in stock than some places.

Comment

• I picked up their beryl front night sight. Bought the rear beryl night sight from robertrtg. Tritium here we come. I'm just q beryl folding stock away from a beryl clone.

Comment

I picked up their beryl front night sight. Bought the rear beryl night sight from robertrtg. Tritium here we come. I'm just q beryl folding stock away from a beryl clone.
                        Doesn't the receiver have to be cut on those?

Comment

Doesn't the receiver have to be cut on those?
                          I have no idea why it would be?

edit: Unless you mean the receiver has to be cut to accept the folding stock so it locks to the receiver? The Beryl stock locks itself internally, no need to cut the receiver. That's one of the reasons they are so damn expensive and hard to find. $200-300 on a butt stock makes me fucking cringe. But a solid stock on a gun that doesn't require one to operate seems to me to kind of defeat the purpose and advantages of the platform.
                          Last edited by CJ; 02-12-2013, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I have no idea why it would be?

edit: Unless you mean the receiver has to be cut to accept the folding stock so it locks to the receiver? The Beryl stock locks itself internally, no need to cut the receiver. That's one of the reasons they are so damn expensive and hard to find. $200-300 on a butt stock makes me fucking cringe. But a solid stock on a gun that doesn't require one to operate seems to me to kind of defeat the purpose and advantages of the platform.
                            Ah, ok. It was just second hand information I heard from someone discussing those stocks.

Comment

• I'm interested in a Remington 870.

Shoot me a pm.
                              Last edited by Tyrone Biggums; 02-25-2013, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Ah, ok. It was just second hand information I heard from someone discussing those stocks.
                                I think they might have been referring to the picatinny swing rail Beryl's have. You have to weld in a special rear trunion/mount to use the milspec rail. It's really bad ass, but I don't think I'll be doing that. I feel that the Beryl is the most advanced/modern AK of the platform. I'm sure some might disagree though.

Comment

Working...
                                X