No announcement yet.

Ruger mini 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope it is an American made AK47 style of rifle. 7.62x39 Much better quality than any other AK on the market. Only thing I have against it is the red dot scope that comes with it is a POS.

Comment

Hate to be a pain, but can you link one. Everything I'm seeing says it's a 5.56 rifle.

Comment

I guess I really shouldn't call it an AK. It shoots 7.62x39 ammo and takes AK mags. That's about where the similarity ends. Well also has a midlength piston gas system.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          Hate to be a pain, but can you link one. Everything I'm seeing says it's a 5.56 rifle.

MY Bad. it is a SIG 556R (russian model)

Comment

I just found that sight. I guess the sig 556 is a 5.56 and the SIG 556R is 7.62

Comment

Looks interesting. lets see if I can find one local so I can finger bang it.

Comment

Lol, called two stores and literally got laughed at for asking. Fucking Obama.

Comment

Agreed. How does he expect us to repel the zombie horde\Mayan apocolypse without some quality hardware?

Comment

Be aware some of the MINI30's came with a .308 bore diameter and not the typical .311, some say firing bulk 7.62 is fine but I would be leery of pressure issues.
                    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I have a Mini30, SN begins with 189 functions flawlessly and has light use.
                      As stated not a tack driver but as good/in my opinion much better than some junk ass AK - I'm not a fan of the AK.
                      Plan to walk it around the gun show this weekend and see what kind of offers I get on it. Meaning I'm willing to sell it to fund more ammo, mags and scope for my AR.

Comment

Working...
                      X