NRA statement is live now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    What don't your understand about "shall not be infringed?". How about you stay open minded and let me introduce you to some of these evil weapons?
    I just think they were referring to the rifles they had at the time and not the prospect of "weapons of mass destruction", to borrow a popular term (albeit stretched in this context).

Comment

Originally posted by 92redragtop View Post
      Well I consider children going to school in the US (should be carefree) to be a very different scenario from people working in an embassy in Pakistan or Libya.
      I think US children are more likely to die in a car accident on the way to/from school, than in a school shooting. Maybe some of our automotive freedoms should be taken away instead?
      IMG_0424

Comment

Originally posted by GAP View Post
        I think US children are more likely to die in a car accident on the way to/from school, than in a school shooting. Maybe some of our automotive freedoms should be taken away instead?
        I'm not sure I get the comparison of a mass shooting to a car "accident". There are already controls like speed limits, seatbelt/car seat use, vehicle safety standards etc....but no requirement for moving bodyguard armored trucks to protect from oncoming traffic.

Comment

I believe at least 20 children were knifed the same day as the Newtown tragedy and all survived (probably back home by now).
          Imagine how many would have been knifed if the principal had a gun.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            Imagine how many would have been knifed if the principal had a gun.
            Well while he was trying to injure the principal someone else could have also taken him down because the principal may not have gone down on the first "hit" with a knife. I think he took out 2 adults pretty much at once (principal and school psychologist?).

Comment

Well while he was trying to injure the principal someone else could have also taken him down because the principal may not have gone down on the first "hit" with a knife. I think he took out 2 adults pretty much at once (principal and school psychologist?).
              Both women, btw.

Spew your idiotic shit Alex. You are wrong.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckz7EmDxhtU[/ame]
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                Both women, btw.

Yeah I know it was 2 women....the % of men in school roles have decreased in recent years.

Comment

Yeah I know it was 2 women....the % of men in school roles have decreased in recent years.
                  Sources? My wife the teacher says it's about the same from what she sees.
                  www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                    Both women, btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckz7EmDxhtU
                    Uh, who the fuck doesn't carry with one in the chamber for starters. Two, move off the axis. Don't fucking stand still. Three, outlaw knifes, they kill people with guns.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I'm just saying...there was a "mass attack" with a knife the same day as the Newtown tragedy and all victims in that attack survived. I'm sure the parents/families of the Newtown victims would have preferred to have their loved ones home with them for Christmas notwithstanding recovering from the mental/physical trauma of surviving a knife attack. I also understand that an attack with a knife is psychologically more difficult that a gun attack due to the very "personal" nature of a stabbing (ie. proximity needed, looking someone in the eye while the stabbing is committed versus the more detached psychological aspect of shooting someone). Obviously in this particular case some of the victims were shot at close range while others not so close (which was more common with Aurora, Columbine, Virgina Tech, etc). At least the potential massacre in AZ was thwarted in the past couple days.
                      Someone has been reading On Killing by Grossman.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        Someone has been reading googling On Killing by Grossman.
                        Corrected for accuracy.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Corrected for accuracy.
                          Makes sense. I recognized it cause I have read his books.

So is this cat gonna take you up on your offer to sling lead or what?

Comment

Makes sense. I recognized it cause I have read his books.

So is this cat gonna take you up on your offer to sling lead or what?
                            nope, gonna keep ignoring me and then stop posting in the thread.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

nope, gonna keep ignoring me and then stop posting in the thread.
                              And that is full circle

Comment

Uh, who the fuck doesn't carry with one in the chamber for starters. Two, move off the axis. Don't fucking stand still. Three, outlaw knifes, they kill people with guns.
                                I dumbed it down for tardo.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X