No announcement yet.

Taurus pt1911?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do yourself a favor. For the same amount of money get a RIA 1911 and don't look back. These may be the best value in the 1911 market. I have two, and want another in Super 38 if I can ever find one. I leave the Colts in the safe and shoot these. They are 95% as good and a whole lot more fun. I also buy wear and tear parts from Wilson Combat and magazines.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
      CJ just sent me a telepathic message. Transcript follows:
      "A Taurus will blow up in your hand, drink all of your koolaid and put the empty pitcher back in the fridge, leave your bathroom light on, and knock over your trashcan. Other than that, well, and them giving you the HIV, they are just fine."
      haha!
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
        Do yourself a favor. For the same amount of money get a RIA 1911 and don't look back. These may be the best value in the 1911 market. I have two, and want another in Super 38 if I can ever find one. I leave the Colts in the safe and shoot these. They are 95% as good and a whole lot more fun. I also buy wear and tear parts from Wilson Combat and magazines.
        I have been looking at the RIA 1911's also. Which parts tend to wear out first? And is there anything special needed to be done to a nib ria some ppl say clean it and reoil it and others say shoot it as is for 500 ounds then clean it.

98sohc281 w/an 03 motor swap with hitech stage 2 cams,jlt intake,c and l upper, longtube headers,o/r x-pipe with No cats dumped ,4:10 gears and a 3k stall w/a lil spray

Comment

So this is why I woke up in a cold sweat on Saturday night. There's nothing wrong with a Taurus 1911. Other than the fact it's made by Taurus. I hear their customer service is great though. Some of the most experienced/quickest warranty work in the business.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Some of the most experienced...warranty work in the business.

Comment

I have had a couple. Loved my Pt-140, didn't like the Pt-145. I now have a pt 638 and like it just fine. I have lots of guns and some that are considerably more exspensive. But those live in the safe. I can bear losing a taurus vs a $1000 Kimber.

Comment

Working...
              X