No announcement yet.

ccw under $500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$500 should buy you anything from a Khar Cw9 to a S&W .38 airweight. I have a SA XD9SC (9mm), Khar CW9 (9mm), S&W442 .38 airweight, Ruger LCP (.380) for concealed carry and they are all great little guns under $500.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Definitely going to have to shoot 'em to decide... Also if this is truly for CCW, then be honest with your self as to what you will be willing to carry. 95% of the time I carry my LCR .38spl because it is so freaking light and easy to conceal. Ounces add up quick.

Comment

I'm going to try a few out tomorrow.
        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Under $500? Why not budget under $50?

Lorcin ftw.

First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

Originally posted by jakesford View Post
            Definitely going to have to shoot 'em to decide... Also if this is truly for CCW, then be honest with your self as to what you will be willing to carry. 95% of the time I carry my LCR .38spl because it is so freaking light and easy to conceal. Ounces add up quick.
            x2

My BIL carries a G17. When he first got his permit he carried all the time but as time went by I've noticed he doesn't carry as much and he himself admits that sometimes its too hard to conceal and leaves it home or in his truck. My best friend got his permit last summer and even after agreeing with me that a lot of people don't carry because they bought too big a gun...he bought a G23 and quickly decided its too large to consistently carry concealed and rarely carries it. I carry my PF9 damn near everywhere (within legal rules of course) and I have NEVER felt it was too heavy or too large to conceal.

Comment

PSA has the S&W SD40VE 14rd in stock and on sale for $349.99.
              Originally posted by SEB
              ,,, You are just faster then me.

DOS LOCOS RACING

JUSTTHEDRIVER is my HERO! .000 Reaction Time 11/12/06

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                x2

My BIL carries a G17. When he first got his permit he carried all the time but as time went by I've noticed he doesn't carry as much and he himself admits that sometimes its too hard to conceal and leaves it home or in his truck. My best friend got his permit last summer and even after agreeing with me that a lot of people don't carry because they bought too big a gun...he bought a G23 and quickly decided its too large to consistently carry concealed and rarely carries it. I carry my PF9 damn near everywhere (within legal rules of course) and I have NEVER felt it was too heavy or too large to conceal.
                I also found that season and my body weight had a huge impact on when I carried and when I didn't. When I bought the right kind of belt to support a XD9sc, I soon gained too much weight and it got uncomfortable real quick. Now the LCP gets tossed in a pocket and all was right with the world. When in fact, I should have been loosing the weight to fit back into that belt and pants with the XD instead.

This is about the only reason i would support open carry more. To be able to carry outside the belt and not worry about 100% true "concealment". That and I would pancake holster a full size 1911 all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  I also found that season and my body weight had a huge impact on when I carried and when I didn't. When I bought the right kind of belt to support a XD9sc, I soon gained too much weight and it got uncomfortable real quick. Now the LCP gets tossed in a pocket and all was right with the world. When in fact, I should have been loosing the weight to fit back into that belt and pants with the XD instead.

This is about the only reason i would support open carry more. To be able to carry outside the belt and not worry about 100% true "concealment". That and I would pancake holster a full size 1911 all day long.
                  I am all for Open Carry in Texas. That said however....unless I am on my own private property I think the odds of myself carrying openly as the law implies is highly unlikely. I don't wish to attract the attention of any uninformed law enforcement, uninformed public who will undoubtedly over-react to the sight of a "person brandishing a gun" creating another situation, or to make myself the first target of anyone wishing to do harm. I prefer to blend in with everyone else knowing that IF something bad happens...that likely I...and many others will be prepared to deal with a threat without drawing attention to themselves. I don't carry to proclaim "Dont fuck with me!!". I carry to defend myself or others if need be.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                    I am all for Open Carry in Texas. That said however....unless I am on my own private property I think the odds of myself carrying openly as the law implies is highly unlikely. I don't wish to attract the attention of any uninformed law enforcement, uninformed public who will undoubtedly over-react to the sight of a "person brandishing a gun" creating another situation, or to make myself the first target of anyone wishing to do harm. I prefer to blend in with everyone else knowing that IF something bad happens...that likely I...and many others will be prepared to deal with a threat without drawing attention to themselves. I don't carry to proclaim "Dont fuck with me!!". I carry to defend myself or others if need be.
                    Maybe I should have added that OWB carry would be covered with a shirt cause fat kids don't like to tuck in lol.

Comment

Another vote for the LC9.

Comment

I bought an LCP and love it, but wish I would have done an LC9 at this point. Although it did seem a tad big for pocket carry - I think it could still be doable. Either weapon though is a good choice in my book though.

I have a G19 for IWB carry and a belt. Most times though, I'm wearing things I can't do that with so the mouse gun became a necessity. The only bad part is, sometimes you can forget it is there.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          Maybe I should have added that OWB carry would be covered with a shirt cause fat kids don't like to tuck in lol.
                          Church!
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                            LC9

Sorry I don't keep Dr. Pepper at the house any more.
                            What holster is that?

I like the feel of my lc9, I just hate the trigger pull.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                              What holster is that?

I like the feel of my lc9, I just hate the trigger pull.
                              If you're not going to replace it with something swanky, like a Sig 938, check out the PF-9. The trigger is way better.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I was looking at the LC9 personally I like the idea of having one in the chamber with a 1911 style safety and its a reliable pistol.And if you went kel tec I would buy a pf9 and stay away from the p11, They have one of the shittiest triggers I have ever felt and they have quite a bit of kick for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X