Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many have their safe bolted to the floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dee View Post
    A quality safe isn't going to be pried open.

ANY safe can be pried open. Even the highest rated safes required by insurance companies to hold 500k worth of jewelery only have a 30 minute rating against skilled entry and 1.5 hours against forced brute entry.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
      ANY safe can be pried open. Even the highest rated safes required by insurance companies to hold 500k worth of jewelery only have a 30 minute rating against skilled entry and 1.5 hours against forced brute entry.
      The amount of leverage required will also it to anchored or tied down very securely much less the quality of pry bar or rock bar need isn't something a common thief will have. Most safes also will have a recessed lip which also make prying more difficult since it will require a thinner tool which will in turn be weaker. Prying will only get a person so far since the locking bolts are recessed farther in than just the flat spot on the doorAny safe can be opened but a person will have to come prepared to open it, I mentioned this in the other safe thread we had a week or so back.
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
        Elvis.. i have to go through sideways

the issue i run into is the location i have to put the safe, bolting it in isnt an option.. right now the guns are in drawers and gun cases.. is it worth it to get a safe i cant bolt down? or is it not worth it over where they are now?
        just carry it upstairs gorilla monsoon.

you can also secure it to the wall, by building a frame behind it, securing that frame to the wall studs, then drilling some holes, and securing your safe from the inside to the frame attached to the studs in your wall. Just a thought.

Comment

I've seen slabs messed up by people thinking they know how to set anchors or cut into one. Just a warning.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            Mine is bolted to the floor, tied to a pack of angry badgers that are fed bloody red fleshy meat, behind a laser beam security system and encapsulated in a lead and concrete room with a vault door..
            I concur!

But he did leave out the paper thin vials of flesh eating virus' that break open and spray when improperly disturbed!
            And I'm not going to mention the Brown Recluse spider eggs...

David

Comment

mine just looks like an antique railroad electrical box. Nothing to see here, move on.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Defense in depth. Not one single thing is going to stop a determined thief - but a bunch of deterrents will help.
                Originally posted by MR EDD
                U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

A couple 45# plates or dumb bells would be a nice addition to a gun safe. Not full proof but any little bit can help

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                    Defense in depth. Not one single thing is going to stop a determined thief - but a bunch of deterrents will help.
                    badgers man, you have to have badgers

But seriously, my defense in depth starts at the front gate of our neighborhood. Also helps that someone is home at all times and two big dogs that have the bark of Satin himself.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

You want to talk about safe security my grandfather had his safe filled with black-powder in case someone ever tried to take it. He said if they got to where they can drill into the safe either he is already dead or hes not there. He always said either way they are going to have a good surprise waiting for them.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                        badgers man, you have to have badgers

But seriously, my defense in depth starts at the front gate of our neighborhood. Also helps that someone is home at all times and two big dogs that have the bark of Satin himself.
                        like smooth like Barry White? i think his voice is pretty Satin like.

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Boomhauer View Post
                          You want to talk about safe security my grandfather had his safe filled with black-powder in case someone ever tried to take it. He said if they got to where they can drill into the safe either he is already dead or hes not there. He always said either way they are going to have a good surprise waiting for them.
                          that's fucking awesome, grandpas always have the best ideas. oh nice screen name btw lol

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                            Mine is at 1400 S. Lamar in Dallas....just go in and ask to see my gun vault.
                            Your real name is Jack Evans?

Comment

Working...
                            X