How many of you would open carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    I would. Have my .357 on my hip and a concealed carry pistol as well. Always have more than what you show
    Grower, not a shower!! Amirite?

Comment

I would carry OWB but with an unbuttoned shirt (think dress shirt) over that for preppy look / to eliminate 50% of the stares.

I'm not going to go 5.11 and finger release holster.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        I would carry OWB but with an unbuttoned shirt (think dress shirt) over that for preppy look / to eliminate 50% of the stares.

I'm not going to go 5.11 and finger release holster.
        What is wrong with 5.11? I wear it almost every day.

5.11 polo or button up, 5.11 cargo pants, Converse desert boots, Oakley M-Frames and a shaved head.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
          What is wrong with 5.11? I wear it almost every day.

5.11 polo or button up, 5.11 cargo pants, Converse desert boots, Oakley M-Frames and a shaved head.
          I will proudly proclaim that you are the exception. I'm a computer nerd, it would be dumb/mall copish for me to do it

Comment

I will proudly proclaim that you are the exception. I'm a computer nerd, it would be dumb/mall copish for me to do it
            5.11 are comfortable and functional as it can get. You wouldn't believe how many times you'll end up utilizing many, if not all of the pockets. I'm not even in Theater anymore. I'm wearing that stuff on my days off, shopping with the family, etc.

Think about all the computer gadgets you can carry

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post

Think about all the computer gadgets you can carry
              Processing...

Know of any places that sell 5.11 on the cheap-er side?

Comment

I'd probably still carry concealed the bulk of the time..

Comment

I have no desire to do it myself. For those of you that want to, more power to you. I'm a fan of freedom.
                  "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                  -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

For those of you that have already replied, please give more than a simple yes or no. Especially for those of you that said yes. Try to sell me on why open carry would be a good thing. One explanation I can understand is to carry a gun that it not easily concealable and I can understand that. My rebuttal to that is if it's to big to conceal properly it may be to unwieldy to use when necessary. But keep the comments going please.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      For those of you that have already replied, please give more than a simple yes or no. Especially for those of you that said yes. Try to sell me on why open carry would be a good thing. One explanation I can understand is to carry a gun that it not easily concealable and I can understand that. My rebuttal to that is if it's to big to conceal properly it may be to unwieldy to use when necessary. But keep the comments going please.
                      actually I think a full framed gun with low recoil would be safer, generally people are more accurate with a full frame and longer barrel than a ultra-comact CCW. My $.02.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

it wouldnt conceal well, but im pretty sure i could knock a tick off a dogs ass @ 100yrds with my stainless gp100

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          Well, if you want to carry a large caliber pistol, a larger (full) size would make it easier to handle and more accurate than the same caliber in subcompact.

I think one of the biggest reasons I would have for open carry would be for comfort. OWB and not having to worry about wearing a 'cover" garment. So, for example, in the winter when you are out and about you could carry OWB with a jacket. But then you want to go to a restaurant to eat, you could take your jacket off and stay legal.

The main reason I would probably not open carry is not because of becoming a "target", but because of the other unwanted attention. The public that doesn't realize it's legal, or those that just don't like guns, is likely to call you in as a "man with a gun". I would rather not deal with having to get checked by cops regularly.

Comment

Not me. Open carry is legal in a lot of places now and there are a LOT of videos posted of law enforcement reacting very unhappily when they encounter it. I'd rather be unnoticed by LE or would be criminals so that I'm not their first target to be shot at or questioned. I do think if it were made legal to counter accidental printing/flashing it would be a good thing...but I will still CC.

Comment

Processing...

Know of any places that sell 5.11 on the cheap-er side?
                              I get them through the base exchange. It seems the prices for them are pretty streamlined. They all seem about the same.

Comment

Jose,

Once I got to Guam, I got excited to open carry rather than conceal because I thought it would be more comfortable. You'll still have a level of uncomfortableness because you'll have many eyes on your hardware.

Comment

Working...
                                X