How many of you would open carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
    I would open carry my Vaquero 44 mag with my hand tooled holster!
    But seriously, I would still continue to cc.
    I've always said if we going open carry I'd get a cowboy style rig. I probably still would but cc most times
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Comment

House passed failure to conceal bill today. No more prosecution for unintended display of handgun. No need for open carry now.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasSleeper View Post
        I thought they were a lot tougher on Gun control than that. Why didn't you bring any of your arsenal over there?
        I came to Australia with some money, a hotel room for 7 days, and clothes. My arsenal would require at least a shipping container.
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          Im for it so that if you flash a gun there is no issue, like if your shirt comes up, etc. I would continue to CC either way.
          Yes, just for the issue of a flash. I live next to a school and have to be damn carefull getting in and out of my truck.

I had an issue putting a couple of long guns in the truck ( in rugs ) in the middle of a school day. New neighbor, freaked when she saw the ammo/guns being put in the truck.

She came over to tell me what she thought and after calling the Law.

Cops showed, told them I was going shooting. She was all up in arms.

Showed them the CHL, they left, they told her I was also carring a pistol and it was all good.

She moved a few years later and I didn't talk to her again, thankfully.

Comment

I wouldn't open carry because I wouldn't want the extra attention and it's not that difficult or uncomfortable for me to conceal.

For the 6+ years I've had my CHL, the law has always said that you were legal unless you were intentionally failing to conceal.
            Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
            Smart.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I would open carry the same reason I vote. It's my right. I've got nothing more than that because if exercising your right can't convince you, I have no argument
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

It's a right, not an obligation.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

I would open carry only to not have to worry about not being concealed all the time. I would move to OWB holsters and bigger guns like 1911 over IWB and Khars.

Nice OWB holster for a 1911 and extra mag plus an ankle holstered LCP.

There would be times where I would completely open carry and not worry about who saw, like when I would know for sure I would be around like minded folks.

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                  Know of any places that sell 5.11 on the cheap-er side?
                  what size you need?

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                  Yes, just for the issue of a flash. I live next to a school and have to be damn carefull getting in and out of my truck.

I had an issue putting a couple of long guns in the truck ( in rugs ) in the middle of a school day. New neighbor, freaked when she saw the ammo/guns being put in the truck.

She only called them to get you in trouble, not because she was afraid of you being up to no good. What a cunt.

My neighbors are pretty used to seeing ARs brought out to the truck all the time....no case.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I would occasionally open carry.

Otherwise I would use aspects of being able to open carry at certain times. Chili brought up a great point, it would allow you to carry a larger full size gun without concern - if you wanted to do so.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I'll open carry my 8 3/8" barrel N frame S&W.
                      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                        I would open carry the same reason I vote. It's my right. I've got nothing more than that because if exercising your right can't convince you, I have no argument
                        On top of my justification reasons - there is the point as well.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I would just because.

Comment

I would ooen carry a fair amount because I spend a lot of time in rural areas and private property hunting and visiting family. I like to have my full size 1911 in OWB carry almost all the time. If I need to get gas or pick up a loaf of bread in town I don't want to have to switch to a smaller gun , remove the holster, and potentially change what I am wearing just for that task. Open carry may not be a problem in rural areas like it would be in the city though.
                            In DFW, concealed is the only way to go. I could maybe see myself in open carry if I was working in the yard or just going to a drive thru or something.
                            03 cobra

Comment

For me CC is the way to go.. its kinda like Martial arts.. if no one knows you do it.. they are caught un aware when you judo chop them..

if you walk around in an affliction or "team MMA " shirt spouting off about how much of a bad ass you are.. you are giving away your cards
                              2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

I would go full cowboy rig for the P226, and get cartel grips for it.
                                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                                X