The excrement just hit the fan, you have 5 minutes to grab your things and gtfo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
    When shit hits the fan, everything we have learned about society can be thrown out the window. The lowest in people will come out when there are no laws or rules to follow, especially if you have something they want/need. It then becomes a game of survival and how far you're willing to go to stay alive.

If I'm approached by a stranger, they will get a verbal warning that I'm armed and that I will do whatever I need to in order to ensure my survival and of those with me, even if that means killing someone. They will then be given the opportunity to state their business and their intentions. Given the opportunity to help, I'll provide what I can without compromising my safety or that of anyone I'm with. It will be agreed upon that once they're helped, they will be moving on their way, and they will not look back. If they choose to fight leaving, they will be viewed as a threat and whatever action needed will be taken to remove them as a threat. Like I said, it's a game of survival, and trust isn't something that will be easily earned.
    Fair enough.

For everyone else.... The next time anyone decides to start another one of these threads just call it "so there is a costco"

Comment

• I don't think a costco would be defensible for very long. At least not without a heavy arsenal and a couple of dozen committed defenders. A costco is only going to be built near a densely populated area. You might scare off the early scavengers or even kill some. But when their food runs out, thousands upon thousands of starving people will overtake it.

Best bet would be to hit the costco at zero hour and in force with a large vehicle. Load it up and evacuate to your long term defensible location.

Comment

• I think, "Is Chuck there?" and, "CHOOO! CHOOO!" need to be the challenge phrases in this post-apocalypse.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Probie View Post
          We need a Dfwm sign/ countersign.
          So we know who to shoot first.

Err I mean who not to shoot
          At one time it was 'post tits or get the fuck out'

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
            At one time it was 'post tits or get the fuck out'
            Secondary verification
            Originally posted by Sean88gt
            You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
            Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
            You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

• Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
              Costco has tons of shit
              There is a reason I mentioned burning down wlamart, sams, costco, etc

everyone thinks thats a good idea, so every tom, dick and harry will be saying once we/they make it there all will be good. Which isnt true, if the just in time shipments dont arrive those warehouse stores (and grocery stores) will run out of food stuffs in the first week. Also the building construction methods makes them poor choices as fortified locations.

Comment

I'm constantly looking for ways to improve my pack and things to add to my pack that may be of use, when I came across this pack frame. And what a better way to advertise a pack frame than with a picture of a guy carrying a moose head.
                I would be scared some drunken redneck would take a shot if they saw that rack wandering around backwoods, especially in a shtf situation

Comment

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
                  There is a reason I mentioned burning down wlamart, sams, costco, etc

everyone thinks thats a good idea, so every tom, dick and harry will be saying once we/they make it there all will be good. Which isnt true, if the just in time shipments dont arrive those warehouse stores (and grocery stores) will run out of food stuffs in the first week. Also the building construction methods makes them poor choices as fortified locations.
                  So are you saying we need to be hitting food trucks F&F style?
                  Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                  It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

So are you saying we need to be hitting food trucks F&F style?
                    They won't be running
                    2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                      They won't be running
                      Before shtf duh.

We can raid Stephen's garage. He'll probably be out of town
                      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• I'm gonna find out where the guy who just walked into my work lives. And I'm gonna go steal his shit when it goes down.

First off he's about a foot shorter and 50lbs heavier.

Walked into a burger joint wearing

Brand new tan 5.11 pants.
                        Extremely clean tan Oakley boots.
                        5.11 outer shell jacket (black)
                        Condor softshell jacket (black)
                        Black condor operator Velcro patch hat

HE WALKED IN WEARING A TAN SHEMAGH AND MECHANIX GLOVES

Neckbeard level +100000000000

OAF NATION

Comment

I'm gonna find out where the guy who just walked into my work lives. And I'm gonna go steal his shit when it goes down.

OAF NATION
                          LOL...wow...Tacticool lvl 11.
                          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I'm gonna find out where the guy who just walked into my work lives. And I'm gonna go steal his shit when it goes down.

OAF NATION
                            shut the fuck up, all I wanted was a burger!!!
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

shut the fuck up, all I wanted was a burger with a shitload of jalapenos and mustard...cuz that's how I roll, HARDCORE!!!111

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Soap,

I saw you have a suture kit in your bag. I would be wary of suturing any cuts unless you have a bunch of clean/sterile water that you can irrigate the wound with otherwise you're asking for an infection. I would stop bleeding and let it close by itself. Another option is sterie strips instead of a suture kit.

I saw people carried a bunch of stuff that uses batteries. I have a Goal Zero (solar) kit that can charge AA's or usb devices and try to use electronics that use AA's.

What I am going to build is a kit that I can leave in each of my cars to make it home, max 3 days. When packing a kit like this weight is the enemy, you guys that carry MREs, do you break them down?

Here are some water bottle survival kits that I made for my brothers and sister for Christmas. If any of you guys can't see something, I can write it out.

De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Working...
                                X