No announcement yet.

The excrement just hit the fan, you have 5 minutes to grab your things and gtfo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm kinda paranoid about the noise. I would want to draw as little attention as possible to myself. So I guess I need to get that shotgun suppressor I have been eyeballing

Comment

• Call me nuts, but on top of the bigger calibers - I think there is value in having a lot of 22LR as well and a couple of those guns. Small game and if necessary it's better than a knife for self defense.

You can have 5-10K rounds of 22 for pretty damned cheap as well.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

• True. I have an undetermined amount of 22lr. Way too lazy to count it.

Comment

• Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
          True. I have an undetermined amount of 22lr. Way too lazy to count it.
          By last count I had around 15k and I still buy a 500 pack or 2 when I see it on the shelf at Cabela's. But not if it is over .06 a round. I passed on a bunch the other day...550 for $34.99 and they had a bunch.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• OK minimum of 1K rounds per weapon is pretty reasonable. I've been buying a hundred or two every so often just to stock up but I think in the long run it's a little cheaper to buy 1K rounds at a time. For .223 ammo, are you guys just buying FMJ's or HP/SP ammo? And for 12 gauge ammo, is everybody mixing it up as well with 00 Buckshot, slugs, bird loads, etc?

And on the subject of AR mags, How many is enough? 10? 20? And do you guys use a mag carrier of some kind?

Comment

• A mix of everything is the best bet, but if you are bugging out then weight will be the main issue, decide what your plan is and what weapons that includes then what type of ammo works best for the plan. Get a molle vest and some pouches, I prefer the one or two mag pouches as the three seem to be cumbersome. 7-10 mags should be manageable without being too heavy and still giving you a decent amount of ammo.

Remember that you can get a variety of ammo for a .22 and it is lightweight.

Comment

• For me I know what my 12g auto likes and I just buy that. It's not a sporting gun so I'm just buying 00 buck for that one. If I ever had to leave the house I wouldn't be taking the sporting style guns with me anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                  Remember that you can get a variety of ammo for a .22 and it is lightweight.
                  Per shot it is the lightest. By volume it is the absolute heaviest.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                    Per shot it is the lightest. By volume it is the absolute heaviest.
                    So what you're saying is it's not only light, it's highly compact and portable.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      So bringing up this thread again. For those of you that decide to bug in, what's a reasonable amount of ammo to stock per weapon? And for a small group, like two or three adults, what sort of weapons would you choose to choose?

There is no clear cut answer. It depends on each person. My ideals for me are a high capacity full frame 9mm, an AR with a good optics and 12g semi auto with a big mag tube extension. I'd prefer to carry a 45 and a 308 rifle but ammo weight and weapon capacity become big issues with those calibers.

I know you shoot a lot and like 45s. So for Jose a 45 ACP sidearm might be ideal. G21 for the capacity? Rifle? Not sure what you like and shoot often. Shotgun? Who are the other two adults? What are they best at shooting?

The AK has proven itself capable of getting the job done the world over with almost no firearms skill required.

Comment

• Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                        By volume it is the absolute heaviest.
                        Please elaborate.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Weight doesnt matter if youre planning to bug in.

Stop bike-shedding yous guys.

Comment

• The argument is null, take a one quart container and fill it with .22 and weigh it, then do the same with .223. Of course the .22 will be heavier, but how many more rounds will there be? Can you carry that one quart container with either ammo in it? Great, I'll take the .22 as it will get me further when bugging out.

Comment

• He asked about bugging in...

BUGGIN IN

INNNNNNNN

Comment

• Oops, I misread the title.

Comment

Working...
                                X