Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by John -- '02 HAWK View Post
    There is a reason I mentioned burning down wlamart, sams, costco, etc

everyone thinks thats a good idea, so every tom, dick and harry will be saying once we/they make it there all will be good. Which isnt true, if the just in time shipments dont arrive those warehouse stores (and grocery stores) will run out of food stuffs in the first week. Also the building construction methods makes them poor choices as fortified locations.
    That's why you take the distribution warehouse. Fewer access points to defend/barricade, less obvious a target than wally world, and a shitload of stuff to hold you and the team over.

Comment

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
      That's why you take the distribution warehouse. Fewer access points to defend/barricade, less obvious a target than wally world, and a shitload of stuff to hold you and the team over.
      So...everybody is going to Sanger, eh?
      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
        So...everybody is going to Sanger, eh?
        Dallas.

Right next to a lake for water,bathing, irrigation, and fun with floozies on your new boat you stole.

http://m.mapquest.com/maps?name=Cost...&zipcode=75236
        Last edited by sc281; 02-05-2014, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Dallas.

Right next to a lake for water,bathing, irrigation, and fun with floozies on your new boat you stole.

http://m.mapquest.com/maps?name=Cost...&zipcode=75236
          The one in Sanger is also right next to a large lake but has the advantage of being in a much less populated area. Lots of grassy fields North, East and West of it.

Comment

• When it comes to the kits, there are a bunch of ideas on youtube. There are also some pre-made stuff like http://www.gearpods.com/ that get pretty good reviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilvega View Post
              The one in Sanger is also right next to a large lake but has the advantage of being in a much less populated area. Lots of grassy fields North, East and West of it.
              Good point.

Sanger it is, then. Just don't lock me out.

Comment

Good point.

Sanger it is, then. Just don't lock me out.
                Hey stay away from my place. I can see it from the top of my driveway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

• Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  Does anyone else have some recommendations for a pack? I found a site that had pretty good deals on some 5.11 backpacks, <$100, I have the site bookmarked at the house.
                  If you want to spend more than $100 look at Eberlestock. I have the Skycrane II. The bay of that bag (called the Jr.) is my everyday bag for the past 3 years. That means, I carry the bag every day and practically live out of it. The main frame and rest of the bag is in the attic.

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                  Let me ask you this. Say your plan worked and you now hold a Costco in your possession. When people start to approach the store how are you going to deal with that especially if they are not coming at you in a threatening manner?
                  Honestly? You will want to establish a stand off distance with an outer perimeter being mindful of creating deadspace that you cannot account for in your fields of view/fire. Design "the path of least resistance" or entry control point by funneling them to you. Small barricades now become vehicle anti-speed obstructions. From there it is pretty self explanatory. You challenge and vet or turn away. I have some ideas about other buildings around me besides a "Costco" that allow for being more discrete and less of an attraction to wanderers.

You will not be able to hold a building that size with any less than 12-15 people. It is just not possible. At that same time, 12-15 able bodied people require a lot of resources. Most are right, by the time you get into your "Costco" it will have been wiped clean so you better be bringing your groceries or get there at the onset and secure the place. That will take considerably more than 12-15 and label you a target.

There is no perfect answer around us unless you are rich and can afford a couple years supply of foods for a fairly large sized family at the least.
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    I own 3 guns. You should see my badass Swiss Army Knife though! It's even got a goddamn toothpick so I don't get gingivitis after the apocalypse!
                    That's awesome that you own guns. But just owning them doesn't gift you the ability to shoot well!

Go break those fuckers in!

What else did you get
                    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• all I need is my glock 19 and as much 9mm as I can carry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                        all I need is my glock 19 and as much 9mm as I can carry.
                        taking the "less than lethal" approach I see
                        2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by lilvega View Post
                          and right next to 35. Do you really think that place would be safe for any length of time?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                            There is a reason it is a NATO round.

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                              There is a reason it is a NATO round.
                              trolololol
                              2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                                plenty of old people to rob in my neighborhood.

Comment

Working...
                                X