Every day carry guys in here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    I carry like Jose, larger shirts to cover my weapon. I don't use the holsters that go inside the pants, I don't need any issues when I need to pull out my gun...
    I actually run it inside my pants with the belt on he outside, no issues here.
    owb...
    Im not trying to be an ass, im just confused and intrigued. Can you explain it differently? Maybe a pic?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I carry around the house and shoot at competitions from an IWB hybrid type holster. I was using a full size m&p 9th with a foxx iwb holster. 2 to 3 o clock.

practice drawing and shooting with a time issue. Drawing will become second nature

5.11 1.5 inch belt.

Pants one size larger
      Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I carry a g19 and some jeans I can do my normal size, while others need a tad bigger. I use the n82tactical professional series holster (which I absolutely love) IWB.

I am considering a smaller gun just to change it up a little.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
        Last edited by danielhv; 03-04-2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

My EDC was going to be my XD40SC, however, after picking up a XDS 9mm for the GF I am thinking a slimmer gun may be in my future. At 130 lbs soaking wet, it is tough to conceal a bulkier gun. I am taking my CHL class in April, so it is about time to start looking into belt/holster options.
          Originally posted by Leah
          Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I do my pants with more room on the large frame, IWB.
            To fit pants and shorts, subcompact, IWB.

Usually 7-8 o'clock or 11 o'clock on the subcompact. (Appendix carry if it is still called that for lefties.)

Depends on what I'm doing and how active I am going to be.
            WRX

Comment

I carry like Jose, larger shirts to cover my weapon. I don't use the holsters that go inside the pants, I don't need any issues when I need to pull out my gun...
              The mechanics of the draw is the same with a OWB and IWB. Only difference is technique of a closed shirt (2 hand lift shirt) or open shirt/jacket (1 hand sweep open).

I IWB carry a XD40 at 4:00-4:30 with a large closed shirt. Buy my pants/shorts one size larger. If I'm not carrying, then the belt just takes up the slack. I've also found that some clothing shrinks over time, so the IWB still is comfortable when that happens.
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

This thread makes me want an M11.
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Iwb @ 5-6 with a button up or jacket for winter. Haven't figured out summer yet. Didn't have to buy bigger pants or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                    This thread makes me want an M11.
                    I've been considering one. I've also been thinking about a 229 Elite Dark, just to have.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

An extra inch in the waist helps. I'm using it as motivation to lose a few pounds so I don't have to buy new pants.

I use a leather/kydex hybrid (Alien Holster) for either my G27 or G30. Using a Blade-Tech kydex holster for my Ruger LCR. I keep mine between the 3:00 and 4:00 position.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                        I've been considering one. I've also been thinking about a 229 Elite Dark, just to have.
                        You clearly need both.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Front right pocket, nothing special but it took a few days to get used to the extra weight. S&W 642, Desantis nemesis holster

Comment

I've got a Kahr PM40 that I carry either IWB with a small/super-thin custom kydex holster, or in my boot with an ankle holster. I find that the ankle holster allows tons more freedom of clothing options in the winter or when I wear jeans as I'm almost always wearing my boots. I do tend to have 1-3 pairs of jeans that I prefer when carrying IWB which fit me a little loose without the gun, and I make sure to go for longer shirts when carrying IWB.

All that said I'm not a big guy and don't dress in baggy clothes so covering up isn't exactly the easiest thing for me to do.

Also, in the summer I've got a pocket holster where I carry in cargo shorts. The boot and the cargo pocket aren't fast draws, but it's better than nothing as I'd be looking for cover first 95% of the time anyways.
                            Originally posted by stevo
                            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

I carry a full frame 1911 and just wear the same size pants with no issues. I will have a j frame 357 before too long and will likely switch to it primarily.
                              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

G27, I go one size larger and use a Comp Tac C-Tac holster and one of their kydex reinforced belts. The size larger is really in case I choose to carry an extra magazine as well.

The C-Tac jabs the heck out of me and I plan to switch to a Minotaur soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X