VZ58, AK-47, or AK-74

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by billybob81 View Post
    thanks for all the replies guys! I do like the VZ for its weirdness factor, but just wondering if I would like an AK better. The folding stock is one of the drawbacks. Is there an aftermarket option? CJ has offered to let me fire all three of these at his range and hope to be able to take him up on it!
    I think overall the AK is a better choice and I regret not just buying a saiga to convert. The stock does suck and I had to weld a tab to my bolt carrier to get the striker to reset reliably.

You can pick up one of the factory VZ fixed stock from czechpoint or ebay for around $100. I have not read about anyone else having this issue, but I could not get one of the factory fixed stocks to sit perfectly flush with my century/b&r receiver. I ended up with a stormwerkz angled adapter and MOE fixed carbine stock. It is comfortable and a good height, but looks bad with the rest of the furniture.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
      I think overall the AK is a better choice and I regret not just buying a saiga to convert. The stock does suck and I had to weld a tab to my bolt carrier to get the striker to reset reliably.

You can pick up one of the factory VZ fixed stock from czechpoint or ebay for around $100. I have not read about anyone else having this issue, but I could not get one of the factory fixed stocks to sit perfectly flush with my century/b&r receiver. I ended up with a stormwerkz angled adapter and MOE fixed carbine stock. It is comfortable and a good height, but looks bad with the rest of the furniture.

It was because the bolt was bent all to shit. I had to turn it down and reprofile it.

Last edited by CJ; 03-15-2014, 07:14 PM.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Shit, sorry about that. I had to file the AR adapter so just assumed there was something up with the receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
          Shit, sorry about that. I had to file the AR adapter so just assumed there was something up with the receiver.
          No big deal, didn't take long. Typical century monkey building. I'm happy with it! Looks like you're 2 pieces of furniture away from going all black. That's what I would do.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I really like the beaver barf, but you may be right about getting rid of what little is left.

Comment

Working...
            X