No announcement yet.

The holster search begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossfire makes some really good stuff. They are coming out with a comfort carry line that will likely be the best conceal carry on the market, but i don't think it's quite out yet.

Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

Comment

I got a OWB High Rider from Tennessee Holster Company and let me say this guy hand makes these and the quality is outstanding. I can't even tell my xDM is on me half the time. The price was right and the delivery was quick. I would give them a look and see if they have something for you.

Steve Riss | Forum Administrator
      CJ Pony Parts, Inc.
      1-800-888-6473 ext. 143

Facebook | Twitter | Google + | YouTube | CJ Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
        I just received my order from Crossbreed and it looks like I accidentally ordered the appendix carry holster for an XDs instead of an XDm 3.8 like I have. If you are around northeast Dallas (Sachse) and wanted to try it before you considered buying one, let me know. And if you like it I will make you a deal. It isn't doing me any good and I haven't put it up for sale yet.

Thanks, I live in Greenville and work in Forney. We make it to Rockwall a couole of times a month. I will let you know if we are over that way soon.
        Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        Quit wearing skinny jeans and put that shit in your pocket. When asked for your wallet, it just looks natural, when reaching into the pocket. Then the dipshit robbing you has no idea you are about to shoot him in the eye.
        They are far from skinny jeans. Skinny person does not equate to skinny jeans.
        Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
        How the hell do you guys sit down carrying appendix? I love the style of carry and have tried it but sitting down was a bitch.
        It diesn't bother me at all. Though, I haven't driven my car while carrying, its only been the fiance's Edge so far. Any discomfort is minimal, I am sure I would change my tune if I was ever in an accident. But it sure beats having to try and remove the holster and weapon and re-arm myself every time I get in and out. Maybe a good quality holster will change that, but I have tried with my XDSC and cheap don hume holster and it is a no go!
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I drive all day and I normally carry while driving. I have no issues with appendix and for those that have met me know I'm not a small guy without a belly. It's all in the holster/belt combo.
          Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
          It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

I went through this same search last year. I actually settled on the cheap sleeve I got at academy. I tried a hybrid kydex but I couldn't get it to be comfortable. I carry at 4 0clock position and have no issues in the car or working around the house. The gun stays put. I wear normal fitting t-shirts with no printing. I agree with everyone else, without a belt nothing will feel right. I tried appendix carry, but it annoyed the hell out of me. Its just trial and error till you find what feels best for you.

Comment

I'll look into a belt. We used to have some good thick belts at Cavender's when I was working there.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                Quit wearing skinny jeans and put that shit in your pocket. When asked for your wallet, it just looks natural, when reaching into the pocket. Then the dipshit robbing you has no idea you are about to shoot him in the eye.
                Exact reason I carry 5 o'clock.
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Also, a slight cant at 1-2 o'clock and it doesn't affect my ability to reach into my pocket

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                    I'll look into a belt. We used to have some good thick belts at Cavender's when I was working there.
                    Those cowboy belts are cowhide. You want bullhide or horsehide.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm a fan of the full kydex holsters with a single belt clip. Easy to put on or take off without removing the gun from the holster. I have a couple, one for my LCR and one for my G27.

I also have one of those Tactipac holsters for my Glocks that straps around my waist. So it can be positioned anywhere and needs no belt....can be worn under gym shorts and is secure.

Comment

I'm wearing a Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 right now.
                        Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                          I'm a fan of the full kydex holsters with a single belt clip. Easy to put on or take off without removing the gun from the holster. I have a couple, one for my LCR and one for my G27.

I also have one of those Tactipac holsters for my Glocks that straps around my waist. So it can be positioned anywhere and needs no belt....can be worn under gym shorts and is secure.
                          Yup SuperTuck style holsters are just too much of a pain in the ass.
                          sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                          🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I only pocket carry. I recently got a lcp 380. I have like 4 or 5 guns considered carry gun but never carried anything daily until this as the others were too large. Pt111, g27, xds45, 1911 3"
                            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
                              I only pocket carry. I recently got a lcp 380. I have like 4 or 5 guns considered carry gun but never carried anything daily until this as the others were too large. Pt111, g27, xds45, 1911 3"
                              I may have to go this route diring the summer. Winter wear definitely helps me conceal the XDs better

Comment

I love my supertuck holsters, and their warranty is wonderful. go to their seconds website and save some money.

as for carry belt, I have this one, and I really like it

Comment

Working...
                                X