ar15 optics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
    Oooh my bad cyclops with your perfect laser vision!

Lol if my eyes were great, I might agree with that statement if we are talking mediocre combat accuracy. I did hit 10 out of 10 at the 500 yard line on a man sized target with iron sights my last couple times qualifying, so I know it's doable, it's just not optimal.
    It's just a matter of practice. There are 60 by year old guys hitting silluoettes at 1000 yards with iron sights on their 45-70's. Nothing is more rewarding than long range without magnification.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      It's just a matter of practice. There are 60 by year old guys hitting silluoettes at 1000 yards with iron sights on their 45-70's. Nothing is more rewarding than long range without magnification.
      It does have a good bit to do with eye sight. Even with my coke bottom glasses my eyesight sucks when looking out at 200yrd targets. Unfortunately everyone in my family has crappy eyesight, dam genetics.

Comment

Find someone with one or something similar, go shoot it, then go shoot a 1-4, 1-6 scope. I bet I know which you'd like, shoot better, and then buy.
        after looking these over on youtube im gonna have to check them out. seems like the vortex viper is a pretty good choice.

Comment

Vortex makes good scopes and they have a great warranty.
          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

The 1-4 vortex crossfire is surprisingly good. A friend has one on a ar he keeps in his Polaris Ranger for a backup when chasing pigs. It sits in a soft case on it's side. I pulled it out the other day and dropped a coyote with it after several months of just bouncing around.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I have an Aimpoint. It is pretty awesome, and great for what I do with the rifle. However, I spent a lot of time on just iron sights, and still use iron sights for most shooting. Whatever you choose, I would just encourage you to get lots of trigger time with iron sights and become proficient with the sights on your rifle before mounting an optic.

Comment

Originally posted by runin90lx View Post
                after looking these over on youtube im gonna have to check them out. seems like the vortex viper is a pretty good choice.
                I have a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 ffp. It has a little CA, but overall it isn't too bad.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

anyone familiar with the leupold vxr patrol?

Comment

anyone familiar with the leupold vxr patrol?
                    Yes, I have one sitting on top of my 6.8 AR. It's not as easy to use as a relex sight or red dot, but it it more versatile. It's really 1.5X to 3.8ish not 1 to 4 as advertised. If you look at the full specs you'll see. I find it's great for up close work and out to as far as I care to shoot my 6.8. For anything longer I have 308 with 3-9 on it. I like the firedot scopes. As soon as you pick it up the dot is illuminated. They have a motion sensor that works and really protects battery life.

Comment

yes the firedot is what my buddy has on order. should be here next wed or thurs. im gonna take a look at it. i havent researched it any. for my use(plinking, maybe little hog hunt) i think the 1-4x scope might be better for me overall. im not going into battle or competition so dont need the super fast acquisitions. and with practice im seeing guys on youtube that shoot almost identical times with a red dot vs a 1-4x

Comment

I'd buy the primary arms scope in the classifieds. .
                        Good advice here.....

Comment

yes the firedot is what my buddy has on order. should be here next wed or thurs. im gonna take a look at it. i havent researched it any. for my use(plinking, maybe little hog hunt) i think the 1-4x scope might be better for me overall. im not going into battle or competition so dont need the super fast acquisitions. and with practice im seeing guys on youtube that shoot almost identical times with a red dot vs a 1-4x
                          I was just getting all my rifles together for tomorrow's day at the range. The scopes had much better clarity than the prismatics inside the house just now. You could really see the difference. I'm going to be shooting 3 scopes and two prismatics tomorrow: one primary arms and one Burris. The scopes are 2 Leupold firedots and one Nikon cheapo rimfire. Even the clarity on the Nikon is noticeably better than the prismatics.

Comment

Working...
                          X